• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

scrolls are ruining the game dont buy them.

G

Pestilence Hemp
Journeyman

Re: auction: alacrity scrolls

scrolls are ruining the game dont buy them. or your supporting everything wrong with UO!

Im not saying i agree or disagree but i would like to hear a little more on this opinion. I have a few ideas of what ruins UO my self. just for a few I think necro pets should be healable when necros use spirit speak. I think spell weave pets should bond and be ressable with An Corp or bandies. I also think a new mage skill should be added that would entail a quest like spell weave that would allow mages with gm or higher magery and eval to specialize in either demon craft or elemental craft. That would them to summon a more powerful pet. I was thinking an elder demon for the demon side and a blood or poison ellie for the elemental side. I dont like pet classes but i think if we are gonna have one as useful as taming that the others should be buffed to add some variety for those that like pet classes. This will sound contradictory but i think they should either do something like i mentioned or remove pet classes completely. I would love to see a tamer free uo! Either remove them from the game or just remove them from PVP. People say well i have the skill why cant i use it pvp. But i have provoke and i cant use it in pvp. I cannot discord people in pvp. In fact when a PK raids my provoke discord bard its like shooting fish in a barrel. My bard being the fish and the pk being the shooter. That being said I personally love the alacrity scrolls I think UO should start giving them out in the illsh champ spawns from the boss only. I would like to hear what other people think is wrong with UO and ideas to make uo better also.

R

RobotPlanet

I would need to know more about how the scrolls are ruining the game. You can not just make a blanket statement and expect any answer except "no its not" or as my speech teacher would say "so what".

R

RobotPlanet

also its really hard to read you paragraph when more than one topic is run together like that.

M

Major_Jax

What's currently ruining the game on Siege:
1. Stealth
2. Tamers
3. Dismount

Remove these 3 things and you will have accounts reopening tomorrow.

Till then, you won't see Major Jax around very often. *heads back to the island

G

I was not saying scrolls ruin the game. I was responding to pestilences idea that scrolls are ruining the game from another thread. It was a sell thread so i made a new one to discuss the idea. I also wanted to discuss the lack of other good pet classes.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this going to turn into the usual cry thread about tamers, stealthing, and dismounts...I would like to know Jax that by doing away with those three things why would accounts start opening? I don't know how you can make this claim unless you were refering to your own accounts...

A

Azural Kane

The idea that alacrity scrolls are ruining Siege seriously has to be coming from someone who has played Siege about 5 minutes... or Mas.
(Just kidding Mas... couldn't resist.)

R

RobotPlanet

<blockquote><hr>

The idea that alacrity scrolls are ruining Siege seriously has to be coming from someone who has played Siege about 5 minutes... or Mas.
(Just kidding Mas... couldn't resist.)

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

R

Rykus

It's funny to me that we recently had a lengthy discussion about how RoT was one of the main factors contributing to Siege's low population. Now we have a thread discussing the evils of the alacrity scrolls.

Wow.. From one extreme to another.

How exactly are the alacrity scrolls such an evil thing?

B

BennosMorales

Ghazz, the scrolls are not what is ruining the game, they are a way of passifing those who would've been long gone from the shores of Sosaria. Whomever directs the "Gods of UO" to present us with little treats like "Alacrity Scrolls, Blackrock gains, Books of Truth, Mass Arties (like Magencia) and the like" to keep us comming back to the game known as Ultima Online. *The Magencia event, however seems pretty cool. Managed to keep people fighting on/for Siege.

It really boils down to YOU. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

And if I'm correct, each character class, profession specials etc usually are good in certain situations. If you have chosen a Provo/Spellweaver, you will more than likely get runover by any "True PK'r". Not from lack of skill, but that your skill doesn't effect them like their skill will for you. I've heard that Necros aren't the best farmers, unless you spawn with them. Mages, Tamers...they can do it all.

"Oh, whats that?!?! Shiney." *bending over picking up another lockpick*

U

uomlplayer

Pestilence Hemp
Journeyman

Re: auction: alacrity scrolls

scrolls are ruining the game dont buy them. or your supporting everything wrong with UO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think everyone needs to pay more attention to who he responded to,i think he was just trying to be sarcastic to mas,might be wrong tho

R

Rykus

Ok, I just looked in that thread and I have a theory.

I *believe* Pestilence was making a joke. He was replying to Masumatek, using a line that is similar to what we would normally hear from Mas.

*moves along, nothing to see here*

M

Masumatek

I wouldn't normally say that. I would normally give reasons for why something is ruining the game. Feel free to look at the 2-15 page posts I've made on many occasions.

As far as scrolls go, I do think they were a bad idea. I don't think they should be implemented again. But I don't think their ruining the game. What I know is that ROT needs a major change, both in its max gains per day cap and the delay.

M

Major_Jax

<blockquote><hr>

is this going to turn into the usual cry thread about tamers, stealthing, and dismounts...I would like to know Jax that by doing away with those three things why would accounts start opening? I don't know how you can make this claim unless you were refering to your own accounts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can think of quite a few people that are shutting down accounts or have already done so.

My 2 accounts
Savages 2 accouts
Black Fangs 2 accouts
Magnolia (not sure how many accounts)
Fidessa is taking a break from UO
Dixie's account

These are just the people I have spoken with this week.

And these are the 3 reasons all of the above are leaving or have left.

F

Fidessa

<blockquote><hr>

1. Stealth
2. Tamers
3. Dismount

Till then, you won't see Major Jax around very often. *heads back to the island

[/ QUOTE ]

Add to list:
4. tedious RoT
5. lack of population due to 1-4

The end is near for me, never thought I would say it, but the chances are huge that I will cancel 4 accounts. Right now I am on a break, but it's different from other times. Other times I was just bored with Siege, this time I am mad.

Greetings from a far far away land.

G

Its kind of hard to have a good discussion on these boards. This is not a cry thread. apparently some people did not read the entire post. Pestilence said he thought alacrity scrolls were ruining the game. I said i like alacrity scrolls and that i thought it would be cool to have them spawn at the illsh spawns. The point of this post was to discuss things we did not like about the game and how we could make them better as well as new ideas for the games direction. DO NOT mistake this as a cry post and DO NOT use it attack other peoples ideas. That would be childish. All i wanted was to hear some ideas from posters. First i wanted to hear why pestilence thought alacrity scrolls are ruining the game. second i wanted to hear what the community thinks is ruining the game. third i wanted to hear some good ideas on how to improve the game. fourth some new ideas on how to make the game better with new skills. New quests ect. please stop stop thinking argumentative and start thinking creative. stop mud slinging each other. And do not post something that you dont like about the game w/o posting an idea to make it better. For instance I said i did not like how tamers had the only pets that could bond. Then i added some ideas on how to equal that with the other pet classes. Im talking about tamers as PVM chars not pvp chars. I guess this is my fault for posting to broad a topic. But think creative on this thread and once again plz do not make posts bashing other peoples ideas.

G

I copied and pasted pestilences post at the top of the my post. Then i wrote what i thought about the topic.

G

Interesting point. I just wish the other pet classes could bond pets. I PvM a lot. I get so tired of having to be a ranger. I wish spell weavers could bond an ogre lord for peerless or mages could summon a more powerful pet that could not be dispeled. So they could compete with tamers for tanking ability. I think it would be nice to have a few pets classes to pick from. That all three were kind of on the same level for tanking ability. Do you think it would be cool if templates with mage/eval could pick a new skill to craft more powerful summons? Do you think it would be cool if spell weave pets could bond? That is what i was looking to discuss. I think it would be cool if a template with magery and eval could pick up a summoning skill that made their current pets tamer level or even upgraded their pets as i mentioned before. ( I loved the summoner on FF tactics)

G

Thank you i think you were the only one that realized I was responding to pestilences post in a new thread. I just did not want to create a super long discussion in someones sell thread so i made a new one.

G

I did not realize it was a joke he was making. I would still like to discuss creative ideas for UO's direction however.

M

Masumatek

No. The solution for taming is not to make other classes more powerful....The solution is to nerf pets. Just like the solution for an item-based game is to eliminate/nerf the uber items, not add more.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

I mean honestly...

the sad thing is a lot of people walk away in love with Siege still...

or at least a polished working version of it.

RoT holds us back from growing fast. UO hasn't been growing at all in some time now... they have polls of closing shards (which might not be a bad idea in a big picture sort of thing but would be a challenge for those in the ones being closed.)

I'm sorry but we need specific attention for the Developers. You all should know we're getting new management shortly (Mythic) so I dunno how you all want to come off when they take a look at us.

I know almost everyone of us is tired from the past 3-4 years we've been working on fixing [censored] here...

people are tired. Someone needs to step up and not get discouraged... and not have the name Masamutek...

either way, it is what it is...

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

No. The solution for taming is not to make other classes more powerful....The solution is to nerf pets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pets do not need a "nerf". The solution involves a timer on pet summoning balls. That alone, would bring balance to pets in PvP. That is where the imbalance lies.

- 10 second delay for a tamer who is not flagged on another player
- 20 second delay for a tamer who is flagged on a player

There have already been some recent changes such as...

- The chance for rune beetles to corrupt armor has been reduced
- Players can no longer stealth with an all kill/target cursor up

Many of you may feel that tamer's have no place in PvP and you are entitled to that opinion, but complaining about it isn't going to change anything. It would be unfair to do that to any class, especially on Siege.

The fact of the matter is that PvP has changed. It has become GvG or Group vs. Group, for the most part. Combatting pets is as simple as recruiting or training characters that are a tamer's worst enemy. When we are fighting and the battle turns into one involving several pets, we change our tactics and bring in additional characters that are designed to combat such an opponent. A peacer or disco bard is a good start or perhaps talk to the Gerbiler about his template. Every tamer/stealther on Siege hates to see that guy show up during a PvP battle.

G

As far as dismount goes I never understood since AOS why anything but the lance had dismount. And why on the lance you had to be dismounted your self to use the move. I suggest removing dismount from all weps but the lance. And make it that u can dismount while riding with the lance.

M

Masumatek

LOL.

Kat, pets need a MAJOR nerf in PvP. And from what I've seen in PvM, they need a nerf in PvM too.

To suggest that all that needs to be done is a timer on petballs (which I also find funny that the timers you suggest are extremely low) is ridiculous. Pets being able to cast off needs a nerf. Pet damage needs a nerf. Pet warping needs a nerfing. Pet casting needs a nerf. PETS NEED A NERF.

And then...you go on to say, at least the way I read it....is that it's perfectly ok if pets are overpowered because their overpowering power power power power is balanced by "this is a game geared towards group PvP so you should use a gank to kill the tamer" and/or "you can put peace/discord/music on your template." Ridiculous.

Sorry kat, but your opinion is biased times a billion. Who knows, maybe somewhere all that needs nerfing is petballs. I'd like you to tell me which alternate reality that somewhere is though, because it certainly ain't this reality.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

As far as Siege goes, I think anything that moves it away from the Pre-AoS ruleset is a bad thing. SP is not the type of shard that can support item based PvP, so no matter what they fix there will always be many more imbalances.

Pet Bonding, Major Artifacts, Summoning Balls, Bags of Sending, Power Scrolls, Blessed items of any type that are NOT PBD (although the PBD is an issue itself, it would be worthless without all these other high powered items), and RoT if and only if all the previous issues were addressed.

Siege should be an environment where any player can create and account and compete within a week or two without millions of gold or hours spent in Doom etc...

P.S. I think every shard should be Siege, hence I think the above for all of UO.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

As far as Siege goes, I think anything that moves it away from the Pre-AoS ruleset is a bad thing. SP is not the type of shard that can support item based PvP, so no matter what they fix there will always be many more imbalances.

Pet Bonding, Major Artifacts, Summoning Balls, Bags of Sending, Power Scrolls, Blessed items of any type that are NOT PBD (although the PBD is an issue itself, it would be worthless without all these other high powered items), and RoT if and only if all the previous issues were addressed.

Siege should be an environment where any player can create and account and compete within a week or two without millions of gold or hours spent in Doom etc...

P.S. I think every shard should be Siege, hence I think the above for all of UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored]. Know the problem? It's not just 99% of the game you have to convince, it's 99% of so called "Siegers" too. Though I do disagree that ROT should be fixed "if any only if" everything else is.

K

Kat SP

I dunno, bola's have been in the game for as long as I have played.. 8 years this month! I think to be fair, no matter how you dismount [wepon or bola] we should be on foot, after all, the object is to get the opponent on foot and slow him down. *shrugs*

As a side note: If archery wouldn't have been nerfed so badly, we wouldn't have nearly as many dismounters as we do. Players put a lot of effort into getting 120 archery and ninja scrolls, so switching to a dismounter was the best option.

F

Fidessa

The solution my far far away land has for tamers (these solution is ONLY to avoid tamers trying to interact in PVP, not to make it hard for them in pvm):

- pets don't respond to commands if you are more than two tiles away from them
- pets are slower than a walking player
- sending ball charges costs: 300k per charge (am new there so don't why it is 300k but it is)
- one petball costs close to 1,2 mil
- bonded pets are able to be lured off and when the owner can't find him then it goes wild in the end thus loosing bonded status.
- you can not log out and in to retrieve pets

U

uomlplayer

No. The solution for taming is not to make other classes more powerful....The solution is to nerf pets. Just like the solution for an item-based game is to eliminate/nerf the uber items, not add more.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mas, first off i just want to make it clear im not trying to be a prick or troll you i just want to let you REALIZE somethings.

How long have you've been preaching about ITEMS IN AN ITEM BASE GAME?
did it help much? The soultion is not try to stop ITEMS being introduced(cause we all know how usefull that is) but the solution is to try and balance the items being introduced, so people who equips these items are not horrible overpowerd where it can make them 1-2 hit kill every other template around, THAT we all as players can do to make it better in an item based game

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored]. Know the problem? It's not just 99% of the game you have to convince, it's 99% of so called "Siegers" too. Though I do disagree that ROT should be fixed "if any only if" everything else is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we haven't had a development agenda worth a damn in a long, long time. Ever since the item based system was implemented, their solution to every problem has been to pour more items in. After a period of time, they nerf all those items to hell and release a whole new batch of overpowered ones.

Now it's on to meaningless events...I mean seriously, the fall of Magincia should've been a huge event with a long plotline. Instead, it's something they crammed in at halloween. Does Sosaria even celebrate Halloween???

I have a great deal of respect for everybody who dedicates their time to the game, but I have very little respect for anything that has been implemented. It seems every new addition and publish just digs a deeper and deeper hole, even if it's done to "fix" things.

Obviously, we're not going to go back to Pre-AoS (I'd love it if we did), but this system needs to be brought down from the heavens so an average player can succeed without a lot of gold, time, or assistance. That was what I loved about old UO, and apparently so did a lot of other people.

G

This is not crying but facts. Out of the last 10 times I have died 9 times were due to dismount. The other was a good old a$$ kicking, I will not say by who, their ego does not need additional boost:)

Of the 9, 6 involved pets.

Of the 9, 7 involved hidden players that I did not see when the fight started or appeared while I was farmming.

Just facts nothing more, nothing less.

R

RobotPlanet

<blockquote><hr>

I copied and pasted pestilences post at the top of the my post. Then i wrote what i thought about the topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not saying I agree or disagree.

I would like to hear a little more on this opinion.

I have a few ideas of what ruins UO my self. I think necro pets should be healable when necros use spirit speak. I think spell weave pets should bond and be ressable with An Corp or bandies. I also think a new mage skill should be added that would entail a quest like spell weaving that would allow mages with gm or higher magery and eval to specialize in either demon craft or elemental craft.

This type of system for mages would enable them to summon a more powerful pet like an Elder Demon for the Demon side and a Blood or Poison Ellie for the Elemental side.

I don't like pet classes. I think if we are gonna have one as useful as taming that the others should be buffed to add some variety.

I think they should either do something like I mentioned or remove pet classes completely. I would love to see a tamer free uo! Either remove them from the game or just remove them from PVP.

People say well I have the skill why cant I use it pvp.

But I have provoke and I cant use it in pvp.

I cannot discord people in pvp.

In fact when a PK raids my provoke discord bard its like shooting fish in a barrel. My bard being the fish and the pk being the shooter.

I personally love the alacrity scrolls I think UO should start giving them out in the illsh champ spawns from the boss only.

I would like to hear what other people think is wrong with UO and ideas to make uo better also.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bit easier to read, There are a lot of incomplete thoughts making it hard to read. This is probably why so many people skimmed through it and went straight to flaming.

I am not trying to "grade" you post. I am just elaborating on what I said earlier. I am Trying to make my post more clear.

U

uomlplayer

yes i know what you're saying but that has to do with abuse of templates not items,and i have a question for everyone why is it they cry nerf on pets but not the actually hiding/stealth skill that everyone is abusing? before anu says well you can use dettect on hiders! but umm cant you use peace /discord on pets also?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I'm curious how many stealth tamers there would be without Pet Bonding, Balls of Summoning, and Auto-Stealth.

F

Fidessa

What's wrong with that? It's fun and having overpowered pets come with a risk of loosing. That's what I think is what perilous stands for.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im saying They should put that back in to the game. They took that out of the game i think when uor came out.

P

pikon198

Yea i got some ideas for uo too, how about dexxors and meleers to never miss against characters with no parry or combo of no parry with bushido aka mages just running eval int and dci jewels. Pisses me off when you got 120 fighting skill and you sit there miss miss miss miss miss hit against a mage, all those misses allow you to be so open to mage spell attacks and necro spell attacking. casters never miss with spells, why should be miss with 120 weaponry.

U

uomlplayer

if you want to hit more put more hci on,mages need to sacrife something too if not more to have the dci mod and most times and be removed if you have the hld mod.

U

uomlplayer

mages dont miss? last time i heard spells can be interupted?

U

uomlplayer

can a mage kick the dexter in the nuts and make the dexter miss a swing?

G

<blockquote><hr>

1. Stealth
2. Tamers
3. Dismount

you hit the nail on the head!!!

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

What's wrong with that? It's fun and having overpowered pets come with a risk of loosing. That's what I think is what perilous stands for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet you can't fight a tamer with pets. I guess thats just a little too perilous for you guys!

Trammieland -----------------------------&gt;

M

Major_Jax

Lol, its easy to distinguish who plays tamers and who doesn't.

Siege = Trammieland.

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

HAHA, wow. its called sarcasim. i was jokein on masu. he wanted to buy a scroll and i cant belive he would condone the use of such an item. but wow to get a thread about it. today was the first time ive been on uo in months. and that was to laugh at the new uber alliance.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pets need a nerf in PvM? Please no...multiple cu sidhe's get train wrecked by elite monsters. A pvm tamer does not just insert a coin a recieve some super powerful monster he can command. A lot of time goes into that, the pet is still quite mortal....so what if because a vet is healing his pet and it performs better in pvp than a 'wild' monster. Why wouldn't it, the person has invested hundreds of skill points so thats possible why give him something useless?