• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scribe suit?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm about to start filling a bunch of slayer spell books I have laying around my house, but before I begin all this scroll making, I wanted to invest in a nice suit of armor that would make this task a little easier. But before I start I had a few questions.

1. Does LMC work for inscription, or is it like LRC and only works for magery?

2. Is is possible to get LMC and Mana Regen stats on the same piece of armor?

3. Is there anything that is a must for a heavily used scribe?

I

imported_Spiritless

<blockquote><hr>

1. Does LMC work for inscription, or is it like LRC and only works for magery?

[/ QUOTE ]
LMC doesn't work for inscription, no. LRC doesn't work either, but does work for more things than magery; necro and chivalry spells, for instance.

<blockquote><hr>

2. Is is possible to get LMC and Mana Regen stats on the same piece of armor?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. Most PvP and high-end suits comprise of MR 1 or 2 pieces with either LMC, LRC or in some cases both. Pieces such as this generally tend to be expensive, particularly if their resists are desirable also.

<blockquote><hr>

3. Is there anything that is a must for a heavily used scribe?

[/ QUOTE ]
Try and get as much Mana Regen from your armor as possible. This is pretty much the only armor stat which will benefit you as a scribe as you'll regain your mana faster and thus be able to scribe more. I'm currently using a MR 11 suit to train inscription. If you want a suit for nothing else, then all you need to do is ensure armor pieces are all MR 1, or preferably 2. Also don't forget you can potentially have a spellbook slot which you can use to boost your MR too; Clainin's Spellbook (Museum of Vesper Replica) @ MR 3 is one such useful item. MR items by themselves won't cost you an arm and a leg to acquire and are vastly beneficial for this purpose.

Hope this helps. Take care.

G

Gorghor

Make sure your armor is medable, if not then all the points in meditation (which you should most definately have) are wasted. Also, if you're not scrolled and/or have the room, it's a good idea to gm focus as well, after you gm scribe you can stone it off or just drop it, but the extra regen will help a lot.

G

Suit of armor that my scribe wears for scroll making, dungeon crawls, and general purpose fun all around is consisted like this.

Max LMC
100 LRC
Mana Regeneration at 15
SDI of 35
All resists are 60 and above.

Now she does have 120 magery, 115 eval 115 med and 115 focus. I have run out of mana 1x when i was fighting melisandre but that was just ev after ev after ev being cast. think i had like 8 in a row before i ran out of mana and just sat for like 4 seconds and was back to casting again. Now price tag for something like that is a little high but if u got ton of kits to burn and lots of time on ur hands to find the pieces you can make it yourself. Only piece of her armor that is none hand made is the chest piece that is runebeetle carapace.

G

My scribe is pretty who I originally set up as my gold making character. He's a Scribe/Alchemist (GM'ed inscribe/alchemy in 1998), and I was making as much gold off my vendors as I was killing liches.

Anyway, his current skills are:

100 inscription
100 alchemy
110 meditation
110 eval int
115 magery
88 Focus (+13 from ring)
100 Cooking

Suit:
Head - Hat of the Magi (cursed) 4MR +8 int bonus
Hand - Boomstick MR3 LRC20%
Chest- Runed Beatle Carapice MI10 MR3 LMC 15%
Wrist - Ornament of the Magician (cursed) LMC10% LRC 20%
Finger- Ring +13 Focus LRC 16% LMC 7%
Arms - Plate Arms MR2 LMC 4% LRC 15%
Hands- BKit Gloves MR2 LMC 5% LRC18%
Neck - Pendant of the Magi +10 int MR3 LMC 10% LRC30%
Legs - Loot Legs MI6 MR2 LRC12%
Arms - Loot Arms MR2 LRC 8%
Totem of the Void

Sometimes I'll take him on a peerless run, but his resist S U C K (like all in the 30's).

J

JoyousGard

For my scribe suit I had these requirements...

Medable,
MR bonus (preferably 2)
Intel or Mana Inc

I think MR is more important than Intel or Mana Inc but it helps when the armor has both. I feel Pendant of the Magi is a perfect example of a piece meeting the requirements.