• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scribe Mage Q's

Moonglum

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Looking at going:

120 Mage
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Scribe
120 Resist

last points are where Im lost.

120 Wrestling?
or
100 Anatomy + 20 skill (anything worthwhile?)?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Scribe can't go higher than 100.
Defensive Wrestling doesn't need to be higher than 220 (meaning you only need 120 Eval + 100 Anatomy)

Don't have time to say more at the minute.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a template aimed for PvP i assume?

Yes you will need a weapon skill to not get hit all the time. Since the char probably is(or should be) human, you cant really make use of those 20 skill points(as long as you dont got skill increase jewels) since joat allready gives you 20 in all skills so go with wrestle.

The other 2 options would be. Drop wrestle completley and pick up a mage weapon for defense, leaves you with abother skill to add to the template.
Or lower med some pick up anatomy instead of wrestle and put those 40+skills in abother skill.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well its quite decent since you can go 100 anatomy and 100 scribe wich leaves you with 40 free points to play around with :)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would go without wrestling as someone stated, due to the benefits to eval + anatomy as someone discussed. Inscription does also give a nice spell damage increase of 10%.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120mage
120eval
120resist
120wrestle/weapon skill
100scribe
40 med
100 X (parry/nox/alch/tactics)

You can adjust med based on the last skill chosen.. example 80 nox and 60 med.. (not that 100 nox is not good)

I don't see the point in running 120 med especially if you are pvping. In that rare instance you will be throwing fields non stop you may feel it a little bit and/or if you dump FS's non stop.

If you pick up parry DO NOT use hephaestus shield, use a reactive paralyze shield. (don't forget you need high dex for parry)
The heph shield is only good on certain pure temps that have 20-30 points left over, then you run parry for a small block % and heph shield to boost it slightly.

last i heard anat + eval for defensive wrestle is broken. Not sure if it's working again, I haven't tried it in years.