• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] screenshot utility help

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OK I just got a new laptop. Before i was using pc with windows xp and picasa3 and was viewing photos taken in the enhanced client! Now with windows 7 and picasa 3 and the enhanced client it takes the pics but when I try to view them it says invalid file type. I have tried other viewers and same thing! anyone have any ideas as to why I cant view them?

and I am able to view all other pics from varying sources just not the ones from the EC!

Z

zoop

You mean the enhanced client has some sort of screenshot taker build in? Don't you just hit print-screen and then paste it?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the EC has built in screenshots just hit print screen and it saves it to a screenshot folder !

Z

zoop

Oh I didn't know. If you don't have an answer by late this afternoon I check at home. Also running Windows7 & EC

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried Paint ;), for me the screenshots are working well, they are bmps, Bitmaps and they work well with paint and the build in viewer tools of Windows 7.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Have you tried Paint ;), for me the screenshots are working well, they are bmps, Bitmaps and they work well with paint and the build in viewer tools of Windows 7.
yes tried paint still nothing!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The built-in screenshot function in the EC is buggy. One of the developers made a comment about it a while ago... I forget who and exactly what they said, but I think the general impression was "we know about it, but it's low on the list right now since there are alternatives" (this was a long time ago, so I might be remembering wrong).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The built-in screenshot function in the EC is buggy. One of the developers made a comment about it a while ago... I forget who and exactly what they said, but I think the general impression was "we know about it, but it's low on the list right now since there are alternatives" (this was a long time ago, so I might be remembering wrong).
Thanks Gildar I seem to remember them saying that also...Just was not sure if anyone found a work around!
Can anyone recommend a screen shot program I can use till they fix it?