• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Screen shots of EC / mods

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I thought it might be nice to have a place where people can showcase their mods and screen set ups and maybe encourage others to give EC a try! If nothing else its cool to see other peoples set ups!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will get us started here is my Mystic/mage/fisherman set up Using the new Pinco UI

O

Old Man of UO

Storm, what size monitor is that? That's a lot of black area you have.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Storm, what size monitor is that? That's a lot of black area you have.
Thats my laptop and its 1266x744 resolution standard hd screen size
btw I have the UI set to .9 and my play screen is still a lot bigger than the cc

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I won't open paperdoll and backpack normally but for screen shot.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Decor how do you get your mobiles grouped into grey red blue etc?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Here's another screenshot of Pinco's UI in action. It's a bit blurry, but I think you can see the highlights. Notice the resized hotbars. I'm a very visual person and not only are the larger icons for important spells easier to click on, but changing the size of icons helps me to remember important things like apples, and petals.

Last edited:

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy cow, llewen! You really click all your icons? I have probably every key on my keyboard assigned to a hotbar slot and only click the stuff that I use only very rarely.
I'll post a screenshot after the weekend.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't do much special with mine. I do like the Copper UI though. But I need a bigger monitor!

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How mine currently looks like:

Still redoing my macros into hotbars. Macros with keyboard shortcuts are on top right.

My spell hotbars are on the 6 (12-slot) vertical bars. From Ctrl+A to Ctrl+Z, Shift+Ctrl+A Shift+Ctrl+Z etc.

My non-spell macros from Alt+A to Alt+Z, Alt+0 to Alt+=, Alt+F1 to Alt+F12 etc are on the 12 (6-slot) horizontal bars. They are currently hidden below the spell hotbars. To bring them up, I just click the grey tabs.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Holy cow, llewen! You really click all your icons?
I was expecting that reaction from someone. :)

I have 25 "G" keys on bank one of my G13 game board all bound, as well most of the 18 "G" keys on bank one of my G15 keyboard, plus all but one of the buttons on my 9 button programmable mouse. So I use a combination of mouse and keys to play. I can do that because I use the thumb joystick on my G13 to control my movement. That frees up my mouse to interact with my desktop and the game world.

One issue I have is with fielding. I need to see if I can figure out how to change those to keybinds because the icons don't work very well due to the fact that you need to use the mouse to target.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Any PvP Screenshots? Those would be helpful!
I pvp pretty hard core with my set up (a couple of pics up). I have a G13 game board and I use the thumb joystick on that to control my movement. That means my mouse is free to interact with my desktop in combat situations. So what I do is have my big spells and pet commands and such on my G13 keys, and my small spells on my desktop. I find it really easy to time the small spells with my mouse.

T

Tox The Murder

Just a question> is EC like Assist [1 hit macros] or do you got to do Alt-T or something to get the spell/other

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its 1 button macros for most everything and you can use alt/shift/ctrl etc if you want but its very much like assist except you dont record macros

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have some spells that I have set to get a target cursor, and others that will target me automatically, or my current target. I can cast as fast as anyone can legally with the classic client, and maybe faster than many.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Stares at this thread in utter amazement unable to speak*
WOW, just WOWOWOW. I just found this thread today. I dont play the EC but once a month to see what improvements UO made, but what ya'll have done here is just AmAzInG. I dont know where to begin....

What you've done barely resembles the game at all. You've compartmentalized, catagorized, and specialized most everything possible. You've taken the open spaces of the game and filled them with boxes and squares until the game itself is barely visible. You've added numbers, symbols, words for explaining spells, and color coding. This truely proves 'each to their own'.

UO is a one of a kind game. I applaud its designers for giving players the freedom to create such complex and intricate modifications client side which obviously help them play better as well as enjoy their gaming experience. I respect the players for their enthusiastic response to this endeavor and the time they've spent in dedication towards modifications.

That said, I'd sooner shoot myself in the face with a cannonball then play in such an anal-retentive world that has been created here.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That said, I'd sooner shoot myself in the face with a cannonball then play in such an anal-retentive world that has been created here.
Well, I don't think I'd cop to being "anal retentive", "ocd" maybe, but "anal retentive" no. :)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Technically, game mechanics do allow shooting yourself with cannonballs as I have done on occasion while misloading :)

Again, technically, OCD would be inappropriate. Having OCPD would be the most appropriate. As I am borderline, I recognize the traits and combat them daily. I went with anal-retentive simply because its a much broader condition that includes a greater variety of traits. I am not referring to the Freudian definition but the current modern medical definition, as most modern texts consider Freud outdated and bias.

I :heart: U All :) & keep up the excellent modding work !

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Pinco's UI with the Stone Enhanced texture pack.

Covers the majority of what I use on a regular basis, hot swaps for slayers, and a Non-Slayer weaps, also covers the Chiv spells I use on a regular basis and healing... The bar under my "Health Bar" I use mainly as a counter.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Technically, game mechanics do allow shooting yourself with cannonballs as I have done on occasion while misloading :)

Again, technically, OCD would be inappropriate. Having OCPD would be the most appropriate. As I am borderline, I recognize the traits and combat them daily. I went with anal-retentive simply because its a much broader condition that includes a greater variety of traits. I am not referring to the Freudian definition but the current modern medical definition, as most modern texts consider Freud outdated and bias.

I :heart: U All :) & keep up the excellent modding work !
Has anyone told you that very smart people can be annoying at times? You're better off to occasionally obfuscate your intelligence. :spider:

(Ok, ocpd, as long as it isn't copd... :stretcher: )
(And Freud has been making a bit of a come back...)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not using a texture pack, but I am using an adapted version of Nalif's icon pack which I'm trying to keep upto date on Stratics.
If anyone wants to use it it's here:http://uo.stratics.com/tools/icons.zip
I replaced the menu icons in Nalif, so if you want to keep his blue ones you'll need to save them so they don't overwrite.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My screen uses Pinco's with Decor's Icons/Textures.

I keep most all spells on my desktop as well as my icons in my macro's are set exactly like my Speedpad layout.... so I can swap stuff in and out in an instant.

I have one template set up on my speedpad and all my characters use it... certainly makes macro settings easy. I made one "base" template from which all my characters begin. I can pretty much set up a desktop in under 15 min and have it fully functional.

As well I've started to help others to get Pinco's installed as well as add many of the textures. I figure the more folk I can get turned to using the EC the sooner we can leave 2d behind. Now if the DEV's will fix the few things on my "must fix" list... then I can kiss 2d good-bye forever.

Attachments

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Latest Pinco's with the undead mini textures. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Poisoner/Necromancer with latest Pinco's with nox green icons.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where does one get "Stones Enhanced"? It's not on Pinco's website.... and how do you get the Diablo styled health bars?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's all selectable in Pinco's, just scroll down the tab labelled 'Pinco's UI' in game.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, I think I have the problem fixed. I somehow was logging/ patching the below path....

E:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss

I downloaded all the Pinco's stuff to...

E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss

A little off-topic: where do the screenshots go? I captured screenshots a while ago but recently can't get them to show up in...

... \ My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\Screen shots

there's no screenshot folder in ...\My Documents\Electronic Arts for UO...

H

Hagritty

EC Client working setup in Shame.jpg

This is my working setup. I really like the full screen and large central area.
Screen res is 1920 X 1200

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Copper Enhanced
Author: Dermott of LS
KR Bitter Black graphic elements: B-LAU
Suggestions, testing, bug squashing: Zym Dragon, Ash, DarkChronus, Frarc
Additional Mods: Gildar, pgcd
Stat icons: Zym Dragon
Classic UO Font: Zym Dragon
Note: Updated item property evaluator, radar map coordinates, etc. and I'm still happily using it without the need of any additional features.
screenshot_006.png

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is mine for Tem my mage/mystic/weaver I have a lot of closed tabs in this one ..all mainly house and boat macros

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that set up ..how big of a screen do you use?
I've got 23" 1080p monitor mate. I've tried so many setups with Pinco but finally got it how I like.

All the mobiles and targets down the left for quick and easy access. Chat etc for general, guild/party and journal all down the right.

I then use the Pinco profile manager thing to clone it to all my other characters.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently got back up and running with the Copper Enhanced mod. I made a few of my own tweaks but nothing huge.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Storm, I went over to the dark side (EC) and I have it installed on my computer... but I just use it when I go vendor shopping so things aren't stacked. It's nifty and all, but the controls just don't work like the standard client. I'm so used to hitting escape for everything that I keep trying to log out of the game. Also, it lags my system up fairly gnarly.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you might try adjusting the game settings like fps etc

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you might try adjusting the game settings like fps etc
I did this. I went in and got rid of foliage, shadows, dropped the fps to 20... then I played in zoomed in mode. That worked fine, but I couldn't find anything.

Also, I usually swap between the game and a browser window and the game had to be minimized or it would continue to slow down my system, I couldn't just Alt/Tab to my browser, I had to minimize it, which is just too far off of how I normally play on my computer. The standard client may not have all the features that the enhanced has, but I'm sure I can make it work fairly well.

Now if I could just get UOAM/Cart to work :p

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
BTW, DJAd has my favorite UO of the lot. It's super clean and the chat rooms are seperate. If I had to pick one layout that's the one I would go with. Also, it looks nothing like Llewen's ;)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, DJAd has my favorite UO of the lot. It's super clean and the chat rooms are seperate. If I had to pick one layout that's the one I would go with. Also, it looks nothing like Llewen's ;)

I'm still rocking pretty much the same setup today. If you run a 1080p screen I can send you the profile file. All you have to do is rename to your char and bingo same layout.