• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scoreboard, Score Reduction into the future (decay)

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These were the scores on origin with a comparison between scores for both Individuals and Guilds before and after the publish.

Guilds Score and Rankings

(Before Publish)
VvV Origin Guilds (old).png

After Publish
VvV Origin Guilds (current).png

Here is a comparison between the Individual Scores:
(pre-pub)
VvV Origin Individuals (old).png

(After pub)

VvV Origin Individuals (current).png

Yes it was a little discouraging to drop from leading in guild and individual score but this was a really good change. With the previous scores It would have been very difficult to make up the difference and might have discouraged guilds from participating.

Looking at VvV now and into the future there should be some type of score decay. Maybe at the end of each month (not as drastic as the pre-pub vs recent pub) but some mechanic to reduce scores to encourge new guilds to participate and compete. Guilds that have been putting in the work for months should be rewarded for efforts but at the same time as you can see from the scores its easy to build an insurmountable lead without an adjustment being made.

I also think town scores need to drop from 10k to 100 for a win. The scores will again be out of control at 10k per town, esp in large guilds.

I'd def love to see a third tab for alliance scores, maybe just top 10 alliances.

Last if sigils could be listed as Virtue or Vice returned in addition to total that would great. It would allow us to track the "good" vs "evil" guilds.

Thanks and love the updates and scoreboard.

Lore's Player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lore it looks to me as if there is decay.
I think it may be something on the order of a thirty day drop off, or something similar. I know at one point one of my characters had over two million points in the score section. I believe they were using those numbers, player score as the sole determiner, but may now be using some amalgamation of several score attributes.

I would also imagine that if thieves continually hold the top slots there will be another minor rebellion. But hey, what are you going to do? *shrugs*

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lore it looks to me as if there is decay.
I think it may be something on the order of a thirty day drop off, or something similar. I know at one point one of my characters had over two million points in the score section. I believe they were using those numbers, player score as the sole determiner, but may now be using some amalgamation of several score attributes.

I would also imagine that if thieves continually hold the top slots there will be another minor rebellion. But hey, what are you going to do? *shrugs*
It was the new publish, the scores were to large to add together for the guild totals (lots of -1's) so they had to take current scores and said they would reduce by a factor of 10 (which they purposely or accidentally made a factor of 100) thus reducing scores from 10 mil to 100k.

The problem remains that towns were only reduced by a factor of 2 not 10 and each town win yeilds 10k in points which is going to add back to mega numbers in no time... [Please don't fix town points unless you at the same time reduce current scores by a factor of 10 or else you will have built an insurmountable lead for those who did VvV right after publish - 1 10k town would take 100 towns to make up the difference).

I do hope they add decay but that isn't what is happening here... I saw your post and think what you were seeing was a delay in your current score and the leaderboard so it looked like it decayed but it just hadn't updated yet (scoreboard updates every 2 hours).

Of course I could be wrong and they've added some decay to the system but all my testing hasn't found anything like that yet.

-Lore's Player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This same character is only showing one death now. At one time he had four.

Of course, they did say before the last publish that they were tinkering with the scoring system itself (before the general reduction), so the process of making and maintaining a leaderboard position has become a bit more mysterious in general.

All in all it looks like time spent in the system is the biggest single factor, predictable and right, in every way. BTW noticed you back atop the heap this AM, so grats. :)

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It should not matter any way. The amount of points accumulated on those scoreboards only show that the leader has a lot time on their hands to be able to farm 10 million points......... Just saying.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been out. Did we decide there was decay built into the system?