• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scaleable T-Maps in EC

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok

Just throwing this out there as an 'ask' for anyone with the modding skills to modify the EC to create a scalable T-Map. I want to add whatever line of code is needed to do this into my UOCartographer UI already installed.

It can be done, as @Pinco has a scalable t-map in his UI. I cannot run pinco's anymore due to extreme lag it gives me on my computer. So much so that the pinco UI is totally unplayable :(.

To give you an idea of the difference between the default UI tmap and Pinco's the pic shows my UI in default with the map open and the same with the map scaled up in pincos. Sadly I cannot scale up the map in the default UI.

upload_2018-4-17_14-7-3.png

I just need to know what and where to paste the code or whatever is needed to make this happen. Stuff is already scaleable in the default (backpacks, game map, pdoll, health bars etc, just NOT the t-map for some reason)

Anyone who can 'enable' this for me would get my undying love and gratitude for all time :p (haha like you really need that but ..... hey!)

@Kyronix @Bleak maybe you can also look at this issue.

note: will also post this elsewhere (sighs) as no idea who looks where now!

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just use pinco...

The lag issue was resolved from what i could read

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just use pinco...

The lag issue was resolved from what i could read
Not for me it isn't, I switch to pinco's atm to USE the larger map but as soon as I find the treasure chest I have to switch back to the default client or I lag that much digging it up I cant get away from the chest spawn, nor can I actually loot the chest without the lag being excruitiating. I played with pinco's for years, from inception until hmm at least 2015/6 then the lag hit me and that was it. I have patched, repatched, and even deleted the client/UI and reinstalled it and the lag persists. I was told a while ago that the lag issue was fixed and again uninstalled and reinstalled and nope, lag city.

I have totally given it away now. Just need someone who knows what they are doing to work out a scaleable map mod that can be added. I wish all the modders that used to be around when the EC came out were still here. Seems there is NO ONE now doing it :(.

And yeah I can switch 'to' pincos, then find the chest, the switch 'back' every time I do a map, but that is seriously perilous given I play siege as the switching takes a good minute or so to become active and I am a sitting duck the whole time. :p It is just a real pain for something that should of made it into the default client when it was 'redone', especially as this feature was in Pinco's prior to him rebuilding the default client for the devs.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not for me it isn't, I switch to pinco's atm to USE the larger map but as soon as I find the treasure chest I have to switch back to the default client or I lag that much digging it up I cant get away from the chest spawn, nor can I actually loot the chest without the lag being excruitiating. I played with pinco's for years, from inception until hmm at least 2015/6 then the lag hit me and that was it. I have patched, repatched, and even deleted the client/UI and reinstalled it and the lag persists. I was told a while ago that the lag issue was fixed and again uninstalled and reinstalled and nope, lag city.

I have totally given it away now. Just need someone who knows what they are doing to work out a scaleable map mod that can be added. I wish all the modders that used to be around when the EC came out were still here. Seems there is NO ONE now doing it :(.

And yeah I can switch 'to' pincos, then find the chest, the switch 'back' every time I do a map, but that is seriously perilous given I play siege as the switching takes a good minute or so to become active and I am a sitting duck the whole time. :p It is just a real pain for something that should of made it into the default client when it was 'redone', especially as this feature was in Pinco's prior to him rebuilding the default client for the devs.
I don't know when you tried my UI the last time, but you probably forgot to backup and delete user data folder... after the rework if you haven't done that you'll have lag.
Also you should check for errors, because if there is no lag in a champion spawn I don't see how you could lag there with 4 monsters :D

Besides it's quite pointless when people have a problem and give up instead of searching for a solution :|

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not sure if this will help but the default does have a scale mode. I used it all the time to make the map small when I don 't need it any huge when I do. You find it under options

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

just finished to test a lvl 6 map, running like a missle through all the monsters in full FPS, (only 5 FPS loss with the loot sort enabled) so the lag is 100% problem of your profile and/or settings.
Make sure you do the user data cleanup and then if you find any more problems HERE is what to do to report it :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if this will help but the default does have a scale mode. I used it all the time to make the map small when I don 't need it any huge when I do. You find it under options
Yes I know it has a scale mode, it does NOT work on Treasure Maps unless you use pincos.

It only works on the game map. My request is to make it work on Treasure maps in the DEFAULT client UI.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why dont You use the locker for Maps?
I use a davies locker. Gee guys I have been doing tmaps for YEARS. I don't run mining on my char so the zoom in function on a tmap makes it easier, the davies locker doesn't put you on the exact spot. Most times I can still 'get it' without the need to switch to Pinco's, I do roughly 20-30 tmaps a session or more.

Basically I am asking anyone who knows what they are doing to write a mod so that I don't have to switch UI on the harder to find ones. A mod to add the bit of code that allows me to scale the map in the DEFAULT UI.

I don't really need a work around or anything, I was just asking in case some clever bugger out there could do it. We used to have lot of modders when the EC came out, dermott, pinco etc, used to even be a modders forum. That died sometime around 2010/2011 I guess.

Anyways someone can help or they can't.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco's is working great, you need to download it again or something, it definitely is not lagging for me and all the other Pinco users I know. Pinco is great at helping, so ask him if you can't figure out what to do to get it to stop lagging.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only time I lag with Pincos now is at GL Events. I have no issues doing spawns or doing a hunt with 20 people or so plus pets. But for some reason GL Events just lag like crazy in Pincos, but runs fine in regular EC.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I use a davies locker. Gee guys I have been doing tmaps for YEARS. I don't run mining on my char so the zoom in function on a tmap makes it easier, the davies locker doesn't put you on the exact spot. Most times I can still 'get it' without the need to switch to Pinco's, I do roughly 20-30 tmaps a session or more.

Basically I am asking anyone who knows what they are doing to write a mod so that I don't have to switch UI on the harder to find ones. A mod to add the bit of code that allows me to scale the map in the DEFAULT UI.

I don't really need a work around or anything, I was just asking in case some clever bugger out there could do it. We used to have lot of modders when the EC came out, dermott, pinco etc, used to even be a modders forum. That died sometime around 2010/2011 I guess.

Anyways someone can help or they can't.
The treasure map is part of the GenericGump I believe. Everything GenericGump related is a nightmare in EC. Pinco has done great work to essentially re-write the GenericGump and update the windows associated with it. Unfortunately it is more complicated than just a line of code to drop into your folder. And not to be pedantic, but... adding any modified code to the UI, no longer makes it the Default UI. So asking for someone to give you code so T-Maps will scale in the "Default UI" isn't technically possible :p

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The treasure map is part of the GenericGump I believe. Everything GenericGump related is a nightmare in EC. Pinco has done great work to essentially re-write the GenericGump and update the windows associated with it. Unfortunately it is more complicated than just a line of code to drop into your folder. And not to be pedantic, but... adding any modified code to the UI, no longer makes it the Default UI. So asking for someone to give you code so T-Maps will scale in the "Default UI" isn't technically possible :p
doh like I didn't know that. Techically I use cartographer ui, but to be pedantic, why don't people just respond if they can do a mod for what is asked?

It seems like there are just no modders out there. So be it.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My experimentation reasons are lost to hi
It's CourseMapWindow actually.

Sorry I haven't come back to you yet @MissEcho, but I still have this on my UO agenda..
That helped - I think I solved this problem a long time ago, but couldn't remember how I did it, and I only get like 5 mins in the morning for fun stuff before I go to work. Your prompt put me in the right section.

In the UIVariables section, I have these 3 lines of code -

<NumberVar name="CourseMapWindowSCALESC" value="3.000000" />
<NumberVar name="GumpScale999113SC" value="1.200000" />
<NumberVar name="GumpScale2223SC" value="1.200000" />

The scale mode doesn't work for me, but with these variables, the treasure maps are big enough I can locate the treasure without mining.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My experimentation reasons are lost to hi

That helped - I think I solved this problem a long time ago, but couldn't remember how I did it, and I only get like 5 mins in the morning for fun stuff before I go to work. Your prompt put me in the right section.

In the UIVariables section, I have these 3 lines of code -

<NumberVar name="CourseMapWindowSCALESC" value="3.000000" />
<NumberVar name="GumpScale999113SC" value="1.200000" />
<NumberVar name="GumpScale2223SC" value="1.200000" />

The scale mode doesn't work for me, but with these variables, the treasure maps are big enough I can locate the treasure without mining.
Code:
CourseMapWindow.WINDOWSCALE = 1.4

function CourseMapWindow.Initialize()
	local scale = WindowGetScale(windowName)
	WindowSetScale(windowName, scale * CourseMapWindow.WINDOWSCALE)
end
If I read that right, you could also increase "CourseMapWindow.WINDOWSCALE" with a script action.

Try typing "/script CourseMapWindow.WINDOWSCALE=3" in chat and re-open the T-Map. If it works, put it in a script action without the leading slash ("/").

Can't test right now though..

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Modifying CourseMapWindow.xml, after line 46 (in the EventHandlers for the CourseMapWindow), if you add:

Code:
<EventHandler event="OnMouseWheel" function="WindowUtils.Scale" />
It should allow you to use the ToggleScaleMode option with the mousewheel on T-maps. It doesn't auto-resize the red "X" to a smaller size like Pinco's does, but it works for a quick scaling option of a T-Map.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thank you all VERY MUCH for your input, I now have a scaleable t-map in my UI using just this addition to the default client so now a UI called Scaleable T-Map, it will also work nestled into the UICartographer UI.

upload_2018-4-19_17-35-0.png

So you can run it just with the scaleable tmap UI or put it into cartographer UI, if you run that and it still works and doesn't affect the carto UI.

I will not shout out who gave me the stuff until I have their permission to do so, in case they don't want a gazillion requests for assistance.

Not sure if the zip file can just be uploaded here or not?

Anyways, YEAH YEAH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew there were clever clogs people out there!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Far out it amazes me how clever some ppl are :) . I wish I was a little younger so could of got more educated in this crap, didn't even have computers until I was working for 10 yrs lol. I am afraid basic html is all I ever got and that was self taught, and seeing I haven't really bothered with any webpages in about 5 yrs now even that is disappearing from the 'info stored in the head' !

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I have permission and it was Khyro. So thankyou !

It took one sec to unzip and one sec to install and now I am grabbing my shovel and heading out to the blue to start digging with my new beut scaleable map.

Very Happy camper here.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Um, I'd like to attempt this, but there are multiple <EventHandlers> in that file.

Couting 46 lines in Wordpad is hard. :/ Can you show the whole paragraph?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Um, I'd like to attempt this, but there are multiple <EventHandlers> in that file.

Couting 46 lines in Wordpad is hard. :/ Can you show the whole paragraph?
Grab Notepad++ Home, makes it a whole lot easier :) But here is the section for reference:

upload_2018-4-19_7-55-26.png

In order to get the red X marker to stay small while you scale, you need to replace the lua file as well.

Shout out to @petemage though for pointing me in the right direction. Once I realized it wasn't the GenericGump, I was able to piece it together. I'm just a hobbyist, but once pointed in the right direction I can usually figure it out to some degree.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks so much, Khyro, I also now have maps that scale thanks to you. :) Let me buy you a virtual beer! :pint:

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What I usually do is use a function to set the tmap scale to the same scale as the actual map, change the tmap opacity and then overlay the map using coastlines or landmarks.... then I go to that spot and dig it up on the first or second try usually.

Finally Step - Lose my **** when I get there and the chest is actually under a house...

Put Put

Visitor
On a side note for anyone not familiar, make sure you activate the "Toggle Scaling" option first. Was just fiddling and didnt have that key part enabled which made me feel silly. You can find it in other commands in actions.