• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saving on bone for filling bods

G

Bone is so hard to get! But there are ways to avoid some of the hassle of gathering it. For bods that requires normal leather bone armor you can go hunt skeletons for bone armor - the area outside of covetous level 3 is good for finding large groups of skeletons. You can also enhance this armor, altho the break rate is between 25 to 35%, and can used the enhanced bone to fill colored leather bods.

Also when you are filling an exceptional bone bod, don't toss those regular pieces that you make away, have on hand regular bone bods so you can fill those while you work at your exceptional ones.

S

sarloth

Or, if you just want some bones...

Go to the Solen cave and kill antlions they always drop bones. Rarely do you get so unlucky that they drop 3 skulls and you get no bones from them, but they can also drop bone pieces that add up to a total of 30 bones! So it is pretty easy to gather bones from them.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just goto the new haven hunting city. Tons of zombies there. They drop bones 90% of the time.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hunting for bones would take less work than hunting for the pieces, and the bones can be used for more than just normal Leather Bone BODs. On top of that, I never fill Normal Leather Bone BODs because the rewards aren't worth the time or energy (tapestries and bear rugs).

The only Bone LBODs I fill both the exceptional and the normal are the Barbed 10 and the Horned 20 (X=120 Scroll; N=CBD).

T

tabi22

If you need tons of bones...go to Illshenar Spirit. The Lord Oaks spawn is always goin in the woods to the north. The shadow wisps usually have bones...one shot kills, can plant a packy around the area once you get full, you run on over, drop a load off...run back to the spawn.

Although with bad karma its best to stay away due to the Pixie's that spawn.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your having uo-assist ... drop your bone-items into a recycling bag und run the recycling-unravel-macro when you reach your weight limit. That way you dont need to cut all those pieces manually up into tailoring-bones.

C

Calvin

This reminded me, off topic of course, but, I had a problem with my recycle bag on TC the other day, I just went and got a bag from the provisioner, and set it to my recycle bag, and it kept telling me that the recycle bag ws not found. Does it have to be a certain type?

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

I thnk it needs to be in your outer most pack and open for it to work

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The UOAssist recycle bag also needs to have resources counted sometimes before it will work.

G

I do the wisps in ilshenar from the champ spawn there to get bone, but I mentioned getting bone armor pieces as an alternative - with a char who can grab a bunch of skeletons and whirlwind kill them in one swipe, carrying regular bone armor bods to fill, it's a lot faster than hunting wisps even. Really it's just a different way to go about something that has to be done, and mixing things up a bit can make a drudgerous (is this a word?) task more interesting.