• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Save me from taxes

L

loadexfa

I need a bailout.... time to find tax write-offs. Notice how I'm posting here rather than working on my taxes...

Josh

L

loadexfa

Unfortunately I get more from the standard deduction. But good news is I am self employed and get a ton of write-offs there. :)

Josh

C

Crazy Fireball

thank god i have a few more years to learn how to do my taxes :D

L

Little Sadie

Good luck! We got our refund back last week. I'm just glad it's over with for another year.:pint:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I have the answer to your problem!! Just move to Michigan!! No one has a job, which means no one has an income, which means no one has to worry about it! Problem solved. I keep tellin ya, all that sunshine and perfect weather is no good for you!

I was an independent contractor for many, many years and it was horrible tax wise. My husband always claimed 0 dependents so it worked out ok but to realize that much of your check is just gone really stinks! Is Anjela independent or does the studio take taxes out for her? 2 independent/ self employed people would really stink!! :thumbdown:

G

Granjell

I always try to file early in February. Less stress that way. Self-employed people make quarterly estimated payments, don't they?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I know is that I have 6 1/2 more business days to deal with people, file the ten Amish people who all have the same name, go to the post office with a gazillion envelopes to mail, and yeah! The 15th will be a joyish occasion! :drool:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I always try to file early in February. Less stress that way. Self-employed people make quarterly estimated payments, don't they?
Yeah, they are supposed to I think. I think there is a way of them knowing (I want to say percentage of what they think they will owe by a certain date) but I dont remember how it works. I never had to do that because my husband always had them take so much out of his that we never owed anything for mine. The taxman said that was fine to do that so I never bothered with the quarterly forms I was sent. Whether he was right or wrong, the IRS never said anything!! Same thing now with my painting business. He has enough taken out to cover me but I dont think it would matter anyway cuz I make most of my money at the end of the year.

We make our appointment the day we get the last W2!! I can't imagine waiting, but we always get a refund. We have had ours for a long time.

L

loadexfa

Wow, I forgot to check this thread since I filed, I'll try and reply to everyone......

Michgan... hehe, I'd rather have an income and tax headaches than no income. Maybe I'll change my mind later (I seriously don't care about the sunshine but hear humidity REALLY sucks). Anjela is an employee so that does make it a little easier.

I do pay quarterly taxes, somehow I never pay enough on those. :-D

Fortunately taxes are done and it wasn't as painful as I thought. This year we are going to pay higher quarterly taxes. Last year we paid off our debt so sorry Uncle Sam but that was more important than you are. :p (That's why I didn't pay as much quarterly taxes as I should have)

Josh

C

Crazy Fireball

i looked quickly and thought this said Save me from Texas, LOL.

Lol and i'd rather do taxes than have no income.