• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Satyr Trick

Daknife

Visitor
I've used the Satyr Trick numerous times but now when I try it I get discorded and it drops immediately after leaving Twisted Weald. Or, if I stay in TW and cast inviz it drops as soon as i lose aggro. Did they "fix" it?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My experience is that it was "fixed" about 5-6 years ago - at least in the way you're trying it.

You have to stay in the Weald, invis but immediately become back visible by moving. Anything longer than a second (or less?) invisible will break the disco from the satyr. Leaving the weald breaks it (one of the first fixes they applied), as does leaving direct line of sight of the satyr (though that lasts a little longer). Around the same time they shortened the time you could be invisible and stay discoed. As a result it became a matter of timing. It's harder to do, but still possible. You got to break aggro but stay danger close to the satyr - close enough that if the aggro doesn't break you might still get attacked.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually lead the satyr to the enterance then when he discos me ill run threw the sparkle and back in. Then just follow the satyr.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I used to do that too, Grim, but it stopped working for me about 2013 or so.

While they didn't mind too much people using that for a training method, they were concerned that it was too easy, and made a couple change back then to up the risk-vs.-reward of it.

Of course, part of the difficulty for me is that between my physical abilities and system/connection issues, I've never been able to complete the experimental room, so it's possible I'm the one with delays built in that makes things more difficult.