• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sanctuary Strongbox Quest?!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I looked but I didnt see anything anywhere, but did they change the strong box loot from the Mogur must die quest? I mean I used to be able to go and kill Sverta(sp?) and get some decent drops. I just chained the quest 12 times and didnt get ONE item worth keeping. What gives?

B

BartofCats

lol YOU BROKE IT!!!! hehehe No seriously... I think they changed all the quest stuff to crap when people here on the old boards whined and complained that the reward items were too strong. So now you get mongbat crap. Enjoy!!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh crap.

I was just about to get back into doing those too.....I've been doing the event content and have effectively run out of things to stock my vendor with!

*sighs*

Thanks for posting this I guess....As a non-Peacer only way I can do this is by using Honor!

-Galen's player

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another eleven runs and nothing yet...Im going to give it another hour or two and if I dont get anything worth keeping im going to go try miasma.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't gotten anything good from strongbox quests either, is there any other way to get good weapons? I'm trying to get a pair of rune blades with stam, mana, HLA, and SSI... Sounds pretty easy, right? :p

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few guildmates and I used to run these things daily. 10-15 a day. About 4-5 of us down there. We actually pulled quite a few items each. Have not ran in a while, but when we would run with 1-2 peeps, its seems as if we got more junk than anything. Just an observation. Im sure that the number of folks there effects it, but worth a try. Maybe you will get that uber insane peice of jewelry here in a bit. Who knows.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't gotten anything good from strongbox quests either, is there any other way to get good weapons? I'm trying to get a pair of rune blades with stam, mana, HLA, and SSI... Sounds pretty easy, right? :p
I actually think I got those on Sonoma. Would have to look though, hehe.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually think I got those on Sonoma. Would have to look though, hehe.
Too bad I'm on Great Lakes, and don't have near enough money at the moment to warrant you transferring over there, even if the servers were up. :(

And they're also required to be 100% phys, just a personal preference. :p

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like someone is trying to solo a dreadhorn.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like someone is trying to solo a dreadhorn.
Actually its more like making soloing a Dreadhorn easier, I have a pair thats hit lower defense instead of attack, but the HLD is negated by my mace and shields... :(

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few guildmates and I used to run these things daily. 10-15 a day. About 4-5 of us down there. We actually pulled quite a few items each.
so you are upset that a quest you can do 15 times a day doesn't give amazing loot. something seems wrong here. how about make it so strongbox quests give good loot again but you actually have to earn it?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so you are upset that a quest you can do 15 times a day doesn't give amazing loot. something seems wrong here. how about make it so strongbox quests give good loot again but you actually have to earn it?
I find it to be difficult unless you are doing it with a group of people that all know their roles. Mogur is easy, the rat guy is easy. Only sylvestra (i think thats her name?) is a hard part... especially when a changeling is around (and they always are). That quest should give good loot. What I like is it doesn't matter how many people are doing the quest, you always get the same # of boxes.

J

Javin

I think you probably just hit a really REALLY bad RNG run.

I pulled a 1/3 12 SDI 18 LRC 12 poison resist ring yesterday from a strongbox quest....wish it had been a bracelet, but its still pretty "uber" if ya ask me :)

~J

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm at work so I can't test this, but strongboxes are not nurfed if:

The loot intensity is still nothing below 76% (rounded).

I.e 11/15 for mods like resist, HCI/DCI etc

15 LRC+

38 HLA, HLD, Lightning etc.

Now my trammel friend was this the case? Its still random whether you get 1 to 5 mods, and getting nightsight is just as possible as getting recovery on your ring. Understand?

Just because you got a ring with say, 1fc, nightsight, 11 poison resist, and 2 fcr - doesnt mean they are nurfed!!! Just bad luck with the combination of mods received.

G

Green Destiny

I'm at work so I can't test this, but strongboxes are not nurfed if:

The loot intensity is still nothing below 76% (rounded).

I.e 11/15 for mods like resist, HCI/DCI etc

15 LRC+

38 HLA, HLD, Lightning etc.

Now my trammel friend was this the case? Its still random whether you get 1 to 5 mods, and getting nightsight is just as possible as getting recovery on your ring. Understand?

Just because you got a ring with say, 1fc, nightsight, 11 poison resist, and 2 fcr - doesnt mean they are nurfed!!! Just bad luck with the combination of mods received.

pretty much. I've done hundreds of those boxes, some days i get good stuff, others i get nothing. Takes a lot of time and patience, but when you do get that sick piece of jewelry it'll be worth it :)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Imma keep at it, cause I need a nice crossbow. I dropped my uber one at the gate the other day because I forgot to insure it. So I need to replace it.

The quest is was simple...I can do it from start to finish in less than five mins a run. Solo. On a mage. =>

G

Green Destiny

i used to do them on my disco bard in 2-3 mins. this was with the pen trick though, cant do it as fast anymore :(