• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sanctuary on SCI-FI

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.scifi.com/sanctuary/

I really love this show. I knew I would at least like it when I first heard about it because I love Amanda Tapping (Samatha Carter from Stargate) however, when I heard that most all of it was going to be green screen creations, I was a bit reluctant.

Now after it's been on for several episodes, I am not disappointed at all. If anything, the green screen shooting has allowed, in my opinion, the show to be so much more.

Also, I love Amanda Tapping's Victorian English Accent as Dr. Helen Magnus, she has nailed it so beautifully and eloquently... I could listen to her speak in that accent all day and be in heaven.

My greatest ponder is just how she is able to be alive for 157 years, something they haven't revealed yet. At first, I thought she was a vampire -- however now after watching the show, I am wondering since they haven't shown very many traits that would accompany vampirism. The only hint would be when she stated something to the effect that she only gets rest when ALL her patients are resting, which was said in a sense like that is very rare if never.

Back to the green screen. I have seen a few scenes where I really could let myself see that the scenery and effects were not "real" but that was diminshed by the great acting and everything else going on. Other than those rare times, I really have been astounded in how seeming flawless and realistic it all is, even with the knowledge in the back of my mind that almost everything besides the actors and some props are completely fake.

So what do you all think of the show and it's aspects?

P.S. Amanda, I love you.
Keep up the superb work. You are an embodiment of what I love in a Sci-Fi actress.

(We do not have an OT forum on LotRO Stratics.. yet, so OT topics are okay within reason/RoC.)

S

Seleene

I have to agree with you on Sanctuary! While I didn't like SG-1 till Ben Browder (Mitchell on SG-1/John Crichton on Farscape) and Claudia Black (Vala Mal Doran on SG-1/Aeryn Sun on Farscape) I came to really like the show after they were added. You're right, Amanda tapping is a really good actress and she is doing well on Sanctuary!

Speaking of Vampires I hope they have a story arc with Vampires and Werewolves. I didn't catch the last episode of it or Stargate: Atlantis, but they will be back in 2 weeks right? It's the live Halloween episode of Ghost Hunters next Friday.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, they said "All new Sanctuary in 2 weeks" at the end of Friday's episode. I so hate it when that happens.. I dislike that Ghost Hunters show, very much so.. too much of it just seems fake to me.

Yeah, I was so happy when Ben and Claudia came to SG1. I'm hoping they eventually come to Atlantis permanently or at least Claudia.

I miss Farscape so much... that was the best series ever in my opinion. Firefly was sweet too.

S

Seleene

I'm a huge Ghost Hunters fan and can tell you that it really isn't fake. I too do Paranormal investigating when I get the chance. I have been in a few places and hear and seen too much not to believe in it.

I miss Farscape very much as well! You're right, best show ever! I didn't watch Firefly when it was on TV, but did watch Serenity, so that in turn turned me on to the TV show.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'll have to watch it then this Friday and keep a more open mind to it. :)

I strongly believe in the paranormal and many spiritual/magick beliefs, maybe I just watched a few not-so-good episodes and it turned me off too it. The ones I did watch seemed like everything was staged. When I see stuff like that, I feel like it's mocking what really could be true, so is a huge turn off and disappointment to me.

I'll give the show another chance. ;)