• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire with Lesser Hiryu

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Can a samp theoretical control a 5 slot lesser Hiryu with bushido and animal lore ???

I would think I could drop one skill if I could have a 5 slot pet for 100 skill points in animal lore.

has anyone ever tried this?

Have a tamer build it, transfer and have their samp ride a 5 slot monster

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. They can not push the button to start training. They can only use un trained Hiryus.

You can not trade a Trained one to them. The toon needs the applicable level of taming and lore.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could you imagine how broken it would be for a sampire to be able to ride and control a 5-slot lesser hiryu? I think computers would fry.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try a Vollem.

Get a crystal with a Vollem. Use crystal and Vollem will insta bond. Now add Taming and Lore to your build so you can imbue / train the Vollem to 4 slot [or 5 if you want to run on foot]. Once the Vollem is imbued / trained up you can dump your Taming and Lore skills and restore your Sampire Skills.

You can control the 4/5 slot Vollem with zero Taming / Lore skill.

Because im not 100% sure how to do it watch this video.

We wish you good fortune in the adventures to come!
Frederick

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try a Vollem.

Get a crystal with a Vollem. Use crystal and Vollem will insta bond. Now add Taming and Lore to your build so you can imbue / train the Vollem to 4 slot [or 5 if you want to run on foot]. Once the Vollem is imbued / trained up you can dump your Taming and Lore skills and restore your Sampire Skills.

You can control the 4/5 slot Vollem with zero Taming / Lore skill.

We wish you good fortune in the adventures to come!
Frederick
I do not believe the information posted above is correct.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I think its a certain imbuing combo? Maybe it has to do with not raising Base DMG?

See Video

Be blessed,
Frederick
I stand corrected, a vollem that has 1 level of training has a taming requirement of 27... which can be controlled with no taming or lore skill. This would mean a new vollem can be leveled to 4 slot and a prepatch vollem can be leveled to a 3 slot.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I might be overlooking something. I think it has to do with the exact pet imbuing build.

I just took a Vollem to 4 slots and it required 100 skill to control. I didnt build it the same way and noticed when I was adding base damage the skill requirement went up. I wasn't paying close enough attention to what else caused it to go up.

Ill make a new one tomorrow and give a report.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice.. Can a Vollem thus trained be transferred from a tamer to a sampire etc?
I didn't test the transfer process, but it would not let me advance the pet training without taming on the character. Once it was advanced, I removed taming and had no issues controlling mine. I don't remember the exact way I built it, but its taming requirement was only 27 on the lore screen after I was done.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't test the transfer process, but it would not let me advance the pet training without taming on the character. Once it was advanced, I removed taming and had no issues controlling mine. I don't remember the exact way I built it, but its taming requirement was only 27 on the lore screen after I was done.
Can you post a pic of the stats??

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Could you put on some taming jewels to advance the training?

I think 40 taming can be done on Jewels easily.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Resurrecting this thread... I am curious if anyone has built a non-discord version of the vollem that kept the taming requirement under 30 that they liked. I have 4x bards that have vollems and I was thinking to add 1 round of training to them. Discord seems pointless, so that else have people used?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Resurrecting this thread... I am curious if anyone has built a non-discord version of the vollem that kept the taming requirement under 30 that they liked. I have 4x bards that have vollems and I was thinking to add 1 round of training to them. Discord seems pointless, so that else have people used?
I have one with Body Guard, I thought it would be good for the Paragons at dungeon events, if you could keep the mobs off it. It would work well on other high HP things that do not change targets if you can get the initial aggro from the mob.

1682870266018.png 1682870288351.png 1682870310636.png 1682870341326.png

I stopped at 15.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just for future reference:

Tested out a build basically focused on buffing the existing Magery/Dragon Breath default. This build came in right at 30. I liked this one because it keeps the ranged ability that comes with spell damage.

Magery Vollem-30.png

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is another 30 taming build, melee vollem. Probably some opportunity here to swap out a few of the resist increases for some mana regen.

Melee Vollem-30.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Here is another 30 taming build, melee vollem. Probably some opportunity here to swap out a few of the resist increases for some mana regen.

View attachment 143245
So vollem will fight somehow ? How to keep it alive with warrior ? Chiv on character gives very poor close wounds healing . Humility may be?
For something small this build can work, same as 3 slot 60- taming Ruddy Boura works in painted caves on troglodytes (with only physical resist maxxed, elemental resists stay same)
But bosses tear it apart . Lurg eats it alive.
What other uses ? leaving vollem at one side of the champ spawn and let it help with mongbats/scorpions/slimes? When it dies -it dies , being ressed before next spawn?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So vollem will fight somehow ? How to keep it alive with warrior ? Chiv on character gives very poor close wounds healing . Humility may be?
For something small this build can work, same as 3 slot 60- taming Ruddy Boura works in painted caves on troglodytes (with only physical resist maxxed, elemental resists stay same)
But bosses tear it apart . Lurg eats it alive.
What other uses ? leaving vollem at one side of the champ spawn and let it help with mongbats/scorpions/slimes? When it dies -it dies , being ressed before next spawn?
Yeah, I’m not sure you’re going to find a pet/build that has 30 or lower that’s going to be soloing bosses.
Just testing out low level builds that give the vollem a little something extra for non-tamer builds. I got to thinking about it because my bards are wearing luck suits using the vollems to kill the vorpal bunnies right now.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Yeah, I’m not sure you’re going to find a pet/build that has 30 or lower that’s going to be soloing bosses.
Just testing out low level builds that give the vollem a little something extra for non-tamer builds. I got to thinking about it because my bards are wearing luck suits using the vollems to kill the vorpal bunnies right now.
I don't need soloing bosses (sure I want it but not feasible) . I just like to know where to use such pet. Bard can keep lots of things alive. Example : lowland Boura with Provo buff can tank dread pirate indefinitely allowing you to train 3 critters on him (or more if you bring more characters.). But warrior in real battle cannot heal much.
And for a warrior damage from vollem like yours to the boss will be pretty small comparing to all efforts keeping it alive from my point of view. Thou I tried 30-taming pets for debuffing enemies : that gives nice damage increase. Same as discord vollem some folks are using.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't need soloing bosses (sure I want it but not feasible) . I just like to know where to use such pet. Bard can keep lots of things alive. Example : lowland Boura with Provo buff can tank dread pirate indefinitely allowing you to train 3 critters on him (or more if you bring more characters.). But warrior in real battle cannot heal much.
And for a warrior damage from vollem like yours to the boss will be pretty small comparing to all efforts keeping it alive from my point of view. Thou I tried 30-taming pets for debuffing enemies : that gives nice damage increase. Same as discord vollem some folks are using.
Again, no where did I say I was using this build to fight a boss. In this case, your typical 4x bards have pretty limited damage output. Discord mastery, EV, mind blast, etc. Same could be said for miners or fisherman, or even low level T-hunters who focus on level 1 and 2 maps. There are plenty of lower level encounters where vollem can come in handy to provide a little extra fighting capability. These builds where meant to illustrate some potential variations beyond the discord version, which I think is a great option.