• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] Sampire weapon

L

Lashenya

So at the moment Im working on training up a Sampire. I have 106 fencing on my template currently and am wondering what weapon I should be looking out for as a Fencer. I know the mods Im looking for, but all the weapons seem either too slow (like the lance) or not enough damage (kryss/dagger). Is there a good middle ground I should be looking for?

Thanks for the help :)

EDIT: Apparently Lance is a swords weapon. Either way, I need help :)

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definately a leafblade. The leafblade is sooo uber that my sampire with swordsmanship skill uses leafblade of ease which is UBWS. Leafblade is hands down the best sampire weapon out there thanks to the feint special move.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not sure about the kryss.It has the same base damage as wind's edge (tessen) and people apparently used this weapon to solo a lot of stuff.Sure it has no feint or whirlwind,but armor ignore would be of some use against single targets.And its a one hander,so you can chug potions. Of course a leafblade would be better if you can get the required swing speed.
Just make a simple estimate of the damage you can do over 10 sec,including perfection bonus and crits,20% percent of this is the amount of hitpoints you get back.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leafblade, hands down for fencing. The best of the best! just needs to have that 30 SSI!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get away with 25 SSI. Leafblade is faster than Rune Blades, and those are doable with 25 SSI.

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A leafblade's secondary special is Armor Ignore as well. Technically speaking you could get by with as little as 10 SSI if you have 150 stamina, drink an Greater Agility potion whenever you get cursed, and drink total refresh potions whenever the slightest damage to stamina occurs. Every 30 stamina takes a tick off of the weapon speed. (a tick is .25) So with 150 stamina you'd take 5 ticks off of the base 2.75. (2.75-1.25 = 1.5 weapon speed) Every 10 SSI takes a tick off as well so 10 SSI for anther tick off of of 1.5. (1.5-0.25 = 1.25 weapon speed) No weapon can swing any faster than 1.25 seconds per swing. I'd recommend 20 SSI or better personally for ease of comfort. I SOLO Paroxymus with this one:

34 Hit Mana Leech
1 Faster Casting
25 Swing Speed Increase
40% Damage Increase
100% Fire Damage
Use Best Weapon Skill

Paroxymus hasn't beat me since I've started using this weapon. Just enough mana leech to keep Feint always going with the occasional Lightning Strike when mana affords it. The 100% Fire damage hits his lowest resist so I don't have to worry about Consecrate Weapon. The weapon doesn't really look that special does it, hehe! Of course without Hit Stamina Leech I use between 50-75 Total Refresh potions per fight.