• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Sampire vs. Renowned Wyvren

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

I am trying to solo the Ren. Wyvren in the Abyss with a sampire and end up most of the time dead.....somehow I cant tank the dmage from the firebreath......any pointers how this is done? Any tactic is helpful.

Tx

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Level 1: Skeletons and Patchwork Skeletons. Because patchwork skeletons can dismount you, I protect my swampy by having it stay just outside of the champ area. I climb on my charger and use my kama to quickly whirlwind all of the skeletons and patchwork skeletons.

Level 2: Bone Mages and Skeletal Knights. I retrieve my swamp dragon and switch to my leafblade. My killing of this spawn is very systematic: pull health bar, honor, consecrate weapon, and lightning strike until dead. Rinse and repeat.

Level 3: Skeletal Liches. I quickly pull up one health bar and honor it before it can bless itself. (Note: once it blesses itself, it's health decreases a bit, which makes honoring impossible. Must be at full health to honor). Next, I lead away the one that I honored--I prefer to take them one-on-one. Of screen, I cast EOO, consecrate, and feint, then I run up and start lightning striking it. Every time I take damage, I apply a bandage. If I get paralyzed, I hit my trap box. If I get blood oathed, I cast remove curse or eat an apple. Continue to heal and lightning strike, recasting consecrate weapon as needed. Once one is dead, repeat with the next one.

Level 4: Skeletal Dragon [Renowned]. Again, I pull its health bar and honor it before it can bless itself. Off screen, I cast EOO, consecrate, and feint. I also chug a strength pot and an agility pot. Next, I run in and start lightning striking. If it paralyzes me, I hit my trap box and heal. If it curses/blood oaths, I remove curse or eat an apple. If it summons a revenant, I cast dispel evil. If my hp is too low, I hit confidence and run out of range, heal up, recast consecrate, and return to the fight. Throughout this process, I rarely look at the actual fight: my eyes are on my health and status bar. It'll be dead before you know it.

P.S. One reason I use leafblades is for the feint special: it'll cut that breath attack damage in half.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But he did ask about the renowned Wyvern, not the skeletal dragon spawn ...

Cant help with renowned Wyvern, as i use throwing for it. But i believe, a leafblade or daisho for feint and evasion are your friends there, maybe also a tactical retreat now and then.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
oh.....I got carried....er, more coffee plz....

But it was good advice for the skeletal dragon minichamp, right? Right?

*sheepish* :blushing:

J

[JD]

you did awesome for completely answering the wrong question syrus=)

hi OP, i read a post by Thunderz or one of the regs a while back taht posted exactly what they did. if memory serves me correct they brought multiple weapons/hit area types specific to the encounter. if you look up the renowned wyvern on stratics it will tell you what resists its most vulnerable to.

also little spawn tricks like let the faerie dragons attack the wyverns and evil elves.

i recommend you search the archives, it'll be in there somewhere.

also you may not find this helpful but ive had way better luck taking a myst mage there to the spawn. i can knock it out in about 30 min. certain spawns seem built for certain types of characters, so having a few different ones you can rely on (sampire, myst mage, necro mage, tamer, abc archer, etc) gives you the best ways to farm anything in particular...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Honor, Feint, Consecrate Weapon & Lightning Strike.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
What Lord GOD said.

Also, adding healing/anatomy to your sampire does wonders. Don't forget pots, a trapped box, a couple enchanted apples, and JoaT spellweaving. ;)

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tx all for the replies.....

I know that other templates kill it with ease but I am determined to solo this with my sampire....:) honor, feint, conc and LS are of course casted....

It is just frustrating that after soloing Greater Dragons, Paragon Dragons, Paragon Balrons etc. this thing keeps turning me into ashes so to speak :).....I do have healing on my temp, switched it for parrying, I am using pots so I am boosted as far as I can. Additonally I have imbued a radiant scimitar with Dragon slayer, HML, HSL, Swingspeed with poison and energy damage.

Whats really bugging me is that unlike a Greater Dragon the firebreath-damage of this wyvren does not lessen when it takes damage....:)

Well, I keep trying and most likely dying :)

Tx again especially for the detailed advise on the skeletal dragon, havent done this guy yet :)

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tx all for the replies.....

I know that other templates kill it with ease but I am determined to solo this with my sampire....:) honor, feint, conc and LS are of course casted....

It is just frustrating that after soloing Greater Dragons, Paragon Dragons, Paragon Balrons etc. this thing keeps turning me into ashes so to speak :).....I do have healing on my temp, switched it for parrying, I am using pots so I am boosted as far as I can. Additonally I have imbued a radiant scimitar with Dragon slayer, HML, HSL, Swingspeed with poison and energy damage.

Whats really bugging me is that unlike a Greater Dragon the firebreath-damage of this wyvren does not lessen when it takes damage....:)

Well, I keep trying and most likely dying :)

Tx again especially for the detailed advise on the skeletal dragon, havent done this guy yet :)
It s firebreath does lessen when it takes damage. When I have troubles beating a critter I usually use a daisho with HML, HSL,HLA, DI and slayer. Having slayer prevents you from having to build honor. I use mace And Shields to have some HLD. Then do faint/LS/LS/LS/faint. I also have curse weapon. If you manage to time well evasion you may block a firebreath or two as well. You can also use the built in macro to switch to one handed, to run and pot, if ever you need to. If your critter mana vamps/ mana drains or even paralyzes you a lot, you may want to switch anatomy for resisting spell. (if you dont have it). I also use Divine Fury a lot usually.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ganesh89 what template are you running? Are you running with Parry and Spirit Speak?

I've noticed a big difference when I didn't have Parry on. I use a Radiant Scimitar similar to what your using. Keep Curse Weapon Up, LS, Evade and use potions and confidence.

It's firebreath does lessen when it takes damage.
I question this...

I've had it redlined and still have had it hit me for large damage. Either is not it's breath weapon or it's some unique special move. From my personal experience inflicting damage on the Renowned Wyvern doesn't reduce the amount of damage the Wyvern is able to deal out from it's ranged attack.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ganesh89 what template are you running? Are you running with Parry and Spirit Speak?

I've noticed a big difference when I didn't have Parry on. I use a Radiant Scimitar similar to what your using. Keep Curse Weapon Up, LS, Evade and use potions and confidence.

I question this...

I've had it redlined and still have had it hit me for large damage. Either is not it's breath weapon or it's some unique special move. From my personal experience inflicting damage on the Renowned Wyvern doesn't reduce the amount of damage the Wyvern is able to deal out from it's ranged attack.
Could be some unique special move, but not firebreath for sure. I "discovered" that encounter with my necro mage, and the way I found as a starter to kill it was the use of blood oath just before its firebreath. And I clearly saw the damage done to me and thus to it go down over and over.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

I am trying to solo the Ren. Wyvren in the Abyss with a sampire and end up most of the time dead.....somehow I cant tank the dmage from the firebreath......any pointers how this is done? Any tactic is helpful.

Tx
I just use a Dragon Slayer Bladed Staff, and joust it a couple of times, well also honor and maybe EoO. A couple of hits and it is at half life, a few more and it is dead, :)