• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire suit???

Grim Gund

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Hello. I recently returned after over a decade and tons has changed. I have a sampire:

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 resist
100 Necro
80 Chiv
60 Parrying

I’m looking to suit him up, but am wondering what artifacts to build it around? I have a crimson already. I was planning on crafting and reforming pieces but just wanted input on what artifacts to start with.

Also what do you run with for stats?

100 Str
125 Dex
30 Int

Thats what I have right now.

Thank you!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I base most of my suits around M&S glasses + CC, then i usually get 2x legendaries with +4 dex, +4 int, +8 stam, +8 mana, +8 lmc + god like resist. the legendaries i enhance for the extra resist.
Then i reforge/craft/imbue 3 pieces with +5 hpi, +8 mana, +8 stam, +8 lmc, +4 dex or str (depending on what i need)

Grim Gund

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I base most of my suits around M&S glasses + CC, then i usually get 2x legendaries with +4 dex, +4 int, +8 stam, +8 mana, +8 lmc + god like resist. the legendaries i enhance for the extra resist.
Then i reforge/craft/imbue 3 pieces with +5 hpi, +8 mana, +8 stam, +8 lmc, +4 dex or str (depending on what i need)
Thanks for the reply! I’m gonna start it tonight. I’ll post updates. If anyone has any additional info I’d appreciate it.

Also, does my skills template look acceptable?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Assuming you're going to be using Double Axes - you should be going for 180 Stamina and atleast 30% Swing Speed Increase. This should have you swinging at max speed with a moderate amount of protection to go as low as 150 stam.

Next is LMC. Do you want 55 LMC? Then go for studded / bone pieces. Can you live with LMC in the 40's but have more stamina protection? Then go for plate and ring.

I use Captain John's Hat, Tinker Legs, Jumu's Hide, Corgul's Sash, a Conjurer's Garb in form of a Blackthorn Epaullette and have a full set of Cameo's. Other pieces are a mix of Plate and Ring for the stamina protection. The Plate/Ring is refined so that all resists are 75. I have 45 LMC and 25 DCI. I make up for other needs on my jewels.

By having Slayers on the Cameos and Damage Increase at 100% without needing it on weapons, I am able to have a full set of 100% Elemental Double axes which I can Imbue with whatever five properties I need for various scenarios.

Alot of work and a little expensive - but worth it!

Last edited:
Mace and shield glasses, Jumu's Hide, I would get the +25 scroll and the +5 scroll to increase your natural stats also. need to get your str and dex to 150 each through natural stats and gear. want to get a set of good slayer swordsmanship weapons with HML, HLL, HSL, want 45 hci, atleast 30 dci, max swing speed and 100 di. Your skills look fine.

Last edited:

Grim Gund

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Mace and shield glasses, Jumu's Hide, I would get the +25 scroll and the +5 scroll to increase your natural stats also. need to get your str and dex to 150 each through natural stats and gear. want to get a set of good slayer swordsmanship weapons with HML, HLL, HSL, want 45 hci, atleast 30 dci, max swing speed and 100 di. Your skills look fine.
Thank you. I believe I’ve eaten a +25, as my stats are 255 right now. I’ll pick up the +5 that’s a good idea. Thanks a lot!

Grim Gund

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Why are britches of warding not really talked about for Sampires? They look like they’d be fairly solid to me.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Why are britches of warding not really talked about for Sampires? They look like they’d be fairly solid to me.
If you could fit it into your suit and still get the other stats you need on other pieces, then this is a fine artifact to use. Good resists, high stam, HCI bonus.

I think Tinker legs are generally preferred because SSI has a heavy imbue weight and getting some of it on your suit instead of weapons/jewels opens up more usable imbue weight on those other items.

Grim Gund

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
If you could fit it into your suit and still get the other stats you need on other pieces, then this is a fine artifact to use. Good resists, high stam, HCI bonus.

I think Tinker legs are generally preferred because SSI has a heavy imbue weight and getting some of it on your suit instead of weapons/jewels opens up more usable imbue weight on those other items.
Thanks! And I take it Cameos are preferred because they open up one more property on weapons instead of slayers?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thanks! And I take it Cameos are preferred because they open up one more property on weapons instead of slayers?
Slayers are a big help - but they're also simply the best Talisman available for a Sampire - HPR, HCI, SSI, Damage Increase, Strength ... even if you don't have a full set for each slayer, just having one and having slayer weapons for others is going to be a huge boost to your template.

1594913377085.png

Grim Gund

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Slayers are a big help - but they're also simply the best Talisman available for a Sampire - HPR, HCI, SSI, Damage Increase, Strength ... even if you don't have a full set for each slayer, just having one and having slayer weapons for others is going to be a huge boost to your template.

View attachment 110123
Thanks everyone for the tips. So I have the following:

1. Rouge Jewelry
2. Gladiator’s Collar
3. Tinker legs
4. July’s Hide
5. Crimson Cincture
6. Corgul’s Sash
7. Conjurer’s Garb
8. Mace and Shield Gla

Just need to fill in with arms, chest, and gloves.

Should I be crafting those or hunting for loot? If hunting, where? I do have a disco tamer with a decently trained chiv/ai cu sidhe

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A few more remarks here:
While those are all pieces that could be used in a sampire setup, I am not certain you should use all of those together. You really need to look at the stats on each piece to make sure you're not overcapped and thus wasting a slot with stats you don't need, or undercompensating somewhere else. If I were you, I would create an Excel file and map it out. Sampire suits are expensive, and they can become an expensive failure if not planned properly.

Specifically, I would not use the Rouge jewels - you will likely want to use those slots to fill in for whatever stats you're unable to get from rest of this suit. I would only use a Glad Collar if you can't get HCI elsewhere, otherwise, you may want to save that slot and create a custom piece to fill in any short fall in resists or stats.

I would start with items 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 from your list (plus your Cameo) and go from there and determine what your next steps should be one at a time.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

View attachment 110123
Random Slayer? What does that do? Is it one slayer for everything or it changes according to what you fight? Ty..

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
that was just a text overlay, it can be one of the super slayers. could you imagine if we did have "random slayer" as a property with how crappy our rng is.
every swing it goes through the slayer list and picks one, just happens to always pick slime lol

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Random Slayer? What does that do? Is it one slayer for everything or it changes according to what you fight? Ty..
Apologies it can be any of the super slayers, that was an image I grabbed from UO Guide.

This is going to be most expensive part of the sampire suit. If you want to do it right, you will get a cameo for each super slayer. This will save you a mod on your weapons. If you want to just get one but put super slayers on your weapons, I would suggest the elemental slayer.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Apologies it can be any of the super slayers, that was an image I grabbed from UO Guide.

This is going to be most expensive part of the sampire suit. If you want to do it right, you will get a cameo for each super slayer. This will save you a mod on your weapons. If you want to just get one but put super slayers on your weapons, I would suggest the elemental slayer.
Tyvm for info..

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

With the slayer on your cameo, and DI on other pieces, you now have 5 mods available on your weapon. So, what do you put on them as your 5 mods? HML, HSL SSI, and what else? Thoughts for the other two spots: HLD, HLA, HLL, or somethings like hit lightning?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You should have weapons for different scenarios. A full set of elemental double axes. Alot of my axes have something like Hit Lower Defense, Hit Spell, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Life Leach, Hit Area. Then I will have another that has Hit Lower Attack and Hit Stamina Leach in place of hit spell and hit area. Theres no one formula that's best.

With 80 Chivalry, you should be able to cast Divine Fury to get back lots of Stam. If you are going the route of having a Plate armor for Stam protection instead of studded/bone, then you will probably be in good shape on Stamina. For that reason, I only have Stam Leach on a few weapons. Some people will argue you shouldnt need Hit Life Leach if you're a good enough sampire and can keep up vamp form, but I like the extra boost it gives to improve survivability for spawning.

And while you might be set on super slayers with Cameos, you still should have some more specific slayer weapons, like a Dragon Slayer, Spider Slayer, Fey Slayer, etc.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 110123
Do you ever find a need for a non-slayer set up due to extra damage from the opposite slayer mobs?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Do you ever find a need for a non-slayer set up due to extra damage from the opposite slayer mobs?
I have each Super Slayer Cameo macroed so that I can switch them easily in the event I am up against an opposite slayer mob. Usually, it's not much of an issue except for higher end mobs.

Sharpside

Visitor
just a thumps up for all the info here! in process of making a sampire as my coming back char and greatful its all spelled out here

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Throwing in my 2 cents....

Good base pieces to start with:

M&S glasses
Ozzy obi
SSI epaulettes
HCI earrings
Corgul sash
Ranger cloak

The rest is a mix of legendary pieces and reforged/imbued pieces.

With a base of 35 SSI in your outfit (10 in ring, 10 in bracelet, 10 in epaulette and 5 in cloak) you only need 150 stamina to maintain 1.25 speed. I keep mine a bit higher to offset curse spells since I don't run 120 resist. I also overcap my phys and fire resist so I can keep protection and vamp form up without a penalty.

samp.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Throwing in my 2 cents....

Good base pieces to start with:

M&S glasses
Ozzy obi
SSI epaulettes
HCI earrings
Corgul sash
Ranger cloak

The rest is a mix of legendary pieces and reforged/imbued pieces.

With a base of 35 SSI in your outfit (10 in ring, 10 in bracelet, 10 in epaulette and 5 in cloak) you only need 150 stamina to maintain 1.25 speed. I keep mine a bit higher to offset curse spells since I don't run 120 resist. I also overcap my phys and fire resist so I can keep protection and vamp form up without a penalty.

View attachment 122978
WOW, ssi epps and ranger cloak to start with? those are end-game pieces. You can add full set of cameos from Merlin posts to scare returning player from game completely, lol.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Weapons crafted with slayers are sufficient if Cameos too expensive. If not running double slayers, using Honor and Chivalry abilities for boss fights and tougher mobs should be enough to do good damage and knock them down.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
WOW, ssi epps and ranger cloak to start with? those are end-game pieces. You can add full set of cameos from Merlin posts to scare returning player from game completely, lol.
Well I haven't checked the price of a Ranger's cloak in a bit, so that one might tough. But the SSI epps are available now in Hythloth, so they can be had for free with a little work