• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Suit Question

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it really a good idea to go with such a low stam setup? I'm somewhat newb at this but doesn't relying on such high SSI weapons really kill your mana leech?

Doing that then not having much LMC either sounds pretty iffy. I'd rather have ~200 stam and 5ssi from a turqoise ring. That'll let you swing even a 3s at 1.25.
Short answer:
Not all things and places in game let you get away with a low stam buffer. And even with 30 ssi on weapon, you can imbue all other mods with sufficient intensities ( on exceptional weapons).

J

Jartan

If it was a question, would the better response not have been to thank him for the answer, but add clarification that the it did not answer the question?
That would be the normal response. It became pretty clear he wasn't actually reading any of my posts though.

Short answer:
Not all things and places in game let you get away with a low stam buffer. And even with 30 ssi on weapon, you can imbue all other mods with sufficient intensities ( on exceptional weapons).
Thanks! Is there some sort of rule of thumb for how many ticks (.25 seconds or whatever) are considered a good buffer?

J

jgruberman

Swing Speed Increase - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

There is a formula for ticks and SSI, assuming that's what you were looking for.

Going back to Syrus... I have my suit built and just fine tuning my skills.

My current skill goal was:
Swords 120
Bushido 120
Parry 90 (dropped healing and using this with no shield)
Tactics 110
Anatomy 100
Necro 100
Chiv 60

My question is..... should I try and get Parry to 100 and drop anat/tactics? I guess I'm asking if those figures are good for best damage dealt. I was partially considering Tactics to 120, and Anatomy to 90 based on the Stratics cmobat page here because it seems gaining 10 in tactics would give me a little more damage, even if I drop 10 in Anat.
UO Stratics - Combat

Thoughts?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding Parry, according to stratics (UO Stratics - Parrying):
120 bushido and 90 parry gives you 27% / 31% chances to block with one-handed and two-handed weapons, respectively.

120 bushido and 80 parry gives you 25% / 28% chances to block...

The bonus damage from tactics, according to stratics (Tactics) is:
100 - 68.75% bonus
110 - 75% bonus
120 - 81.25% bonus

Anatomy bonus percentage can be found by dividing your anatomy by 2. If you are at or over 100 you add 5%. I'm not certain this is correct though, as conflicting information about when the 5% bonus is attained is on stratics.
100 - 55% damage bonus
90 - 45% damage bonus

I'm saying that I would go with 80 parry, 120 tactics, 100 anatomy. You'll still get the special move mana cost reduction, get better damage bonus(es), and only lose 2% chance to parry (which will factor in after your DCI anyways).

J

jgruberman

That's an idea... I didn't even think about reducing parry... just thought about Tactics/Anatomy tweaks....