• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Sampire in training NEED HELP!!!

S

Storx

I recently started to train up a sampire and im total confused on what im doing wrong.. i put together a suit to try and test out my survivability and wow was i wrong, I went to the sleeping dragon spawn and did well but upgraded to little harder like ogre lords and wow i was 1 shotted.. then i went to fandancer dojo and got totally destroyed by a fandancer doing practically no damage to it.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG>> NEWB HERE SORRY....
Oh ya, went to miasma to try that one out with the swamp dragon for giggles and was 2 shotted.. i was like wtf am i doing wrong..

Mace and Shield Glasses
Jackels Collar
Heart of Lion
Fey Leggings
Midnight Bracers
Stormgrip
Crimson
Conjurers Trinket
Ring of Vile
Bracer (14HCI 25DI 6str)
Soul Seeker (only decent weapon i have yet)

Swords 98.6 (now 100)
Tactics 98.1 (now 100)
Parry 75.5 (now 85.6)
Anatomy 100
Bushido 68.9 (now 80.3)
Chivalry 51.1 (locked 55.0)
Necromancy 100 (20) Midnight Bracers
Spiritspeak 80.1

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently started to train up a sampire and im total confused on what im doing wrong.. i put together a suit to try and test out my survivability and wow was i wrong, I went to the sleeping dragon spawn and did well but upgraded to little harder like ogre lords and wow i was 1 shotted.. then i went to fandancer dojo and got totally destroyed by a fandancer doing practically no damage to it.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG>> NEWB HERE SORRY....
Oh ya, went to miasma to try that one out with the swamp dragon for giggles and was 2 shotted.. i was like wtf am i doing wrong..

Mace and Shield Glasses
Jackels Collar
Heart of Lion
Fey Leggings
Midnight Bracers
Stormgrip
Crimson
Conjurers Trinket
Ring of Vile
Bracer (14HCI 25DI 6str)
Soul Seeker (only decent weapon i have yet)

Swords 98.6
Tactics 98.1
Parry 75.5
Anatomy 100
Bushido 68.9
Chivalry 51.1
Necromancy 100 (20) Midnight Bracers
Spiritspeak 80.1
Leaving out a lot of information here. What is the resists across the board on your suit?

Other than that, to not be too critical, you are trying to fight mobs in which you won't have a high success rate at all to kill. In fact...no chance really.

GM Weapon along with not even HAVING GM parry nor GM bushido is simply just going to level you.

1. Make sure your suit is 70s.
2. For the love of god...find another weapon aside from soulseeker. But, work on the weapon last...skills first.
3. Get your bushido up to a level where it is viable to use (aka at least 100 in your case).
4. More importantly, get parry up (over 110. Preferably 120). At 75.5 parry, you MIGHT stop a lizardmen from hitting you once in a blue moon. Versus fighting a miasma which will do just as you stated. Make mincemeat out of you.
5. Chivalry go to min. of 55 or 60...really depends on your overall template whether you elect to go higher.

What is your overall DCI?
What is your physical resist? energy resist?
What is your fire resist?

Other than that, just be patient. You have to have mostly the skills in place. Then work on your suit to make sure it has what you will need. Then the last piece of the puzzle, is finding some good weapons to suit your needs.

Tactics of the trade you will learn along the way because essentially...finding GOOD weapons can take a while. Trust me.

C

Crack Head Bob

That one shot from the ogre lord was from your trinket. Cant have that on when fighting anything in that group. Will do double damage to you.

S

Storx

can you explain?? im new so i dont know what your talking about.. i looked at the trinket and its got nothing negative.. sorry for asking///

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you explain?? im new so i dont know what your talking about.. i looked at the trinket and its got nothing negative.. sorry for asking///
The trinket is a undead slayer. That means that you will do double damage against undead creatures, and you will take double damage from reponps(Humanoids, Ogre, etin, etc).

Each superslayer has a opposite.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GUys I need help too. I heard tamers were the boss bomb diggity to play so I had to get in on it.

I made a new char, 50 taming and 50 lore. So I go and try to tame a greater dragon, and wtf? I died. What gives? What am I doing wrong???

Can you please put a detailed post together outlining what skills, what items, what resists, and general instructions for how to face roll my way to victory. I'd look it up but am way too lazy.

Z

Zyron

^win..

what he means incase TC didnt catch on since he obviously isnt the sharpest crayon in the shed.... What?

is that your trying tof ight high end monsters and u havent even half way finished your skills/ im shocked no one has said it yet..

finish your skills..

wow.

seriously..

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^win..

what he means incase TC didnt catch on since he obviously isnt the sharpest crayon in the shed.... What?

is that your trying tof ight high end monsters and u havent even half way finished your skills/ im shocked no one has said it yet..

finish your skills..

wow.

seriously..
Actually I had in my post at the very beginning. You always work on your skills first. Everything else after that. When you're a veteran and have your skills at levels that you can compete, well...you can tweak things up a bit. e.g. Work on your suit some, your stats, etc. Need basic skills to do anything in the first place.

S

Storx

no, Everyone else i spoke to on other post said that miasma was cakewalk and should be able to do it before your done training everything. If you do a search for sampires there is a guy posting that he was at 88 swords and he used miasma farming to finish GM'ing his template out..
I figured since i my skill list was closer to finish compared to him that i would have a little easier time.. i was wrong.. and i post on here to see if there was something i was doing wrong that i was overlooking. I am a newb at this template and still not totally sure how to use it to its fullest.. but i cant learn what i dont know already.... as fast as it can be if i just ask someone who is done the build.. and already been bored with it..

Seriously was not looking for a feed me the whole story crap or dish me step by step instructions.. i just was just curious why i was so useless still.. thought this build was so pwnage that i could do more then elementals at the level of skill im at already.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There comes a point where the questions go so much into specifics that an expert on the subject would have to go with you to figure out just what is going wrong.

And also beware of some of the more extreme responses you'll see on the boards here, they typically come from people who have been playing for years and know the ins and outs of all the spawns and just what you need to do to get by them.

The training Miasma from 88 example is a perfect one. I don't know if I posted that, but I did use Miasma from a level that most people think I'm nuts for even attempting it. However, I know when I need to run, when I need to heal via confidence, how to use lightning strike effectively (aka every shot). I typically have extra DCI so I can cast divine fury with no fear of being hit more often, etc (there are some things I do that others don't that is second nature to me and I don't think about sharing).

I also used a lot of potions when I was so low.

Anyhow, the point I'm getting at is that it would be a good idea for you to focus on the lower end spawn (right now, paragon titans and cyclopses would be perfect) until you feel that they couldn't possibly kill you, then go slightly higher (i.e. non-paragon succubi or Thrasher) until you're confident at that spawn.

The other thing to bear in mind is that my extreme training methods involve a LOT of death robes. If you can kill 5 Miasmas and die on the 6th one, you still make a hefty profit.

S

Storx

thanks for understanding,

I do want to learn how to play this character to its fullest. i have been training up his skills as i can.. and things are actually going pretty fast.. i had found a vender that had a few of those alacrity scrolls that give you increase gains for X amount of time very affordable and bought the ones that had the skills i was training.

I wandering what template i should go with i have found a ton of different sampire templates.. to ones that spread skills out to well over 800 skill points...

as of right now im...

Swords 98.6 (now 100)
Tactics 98.1 (now 100)
Parry 75.5 (now 100)
Anatomy 100
Bushido 68.9 (now 86.7)
Chivalry 51.1 (locked 55.0)
Necromancy 100 (20) Midnight Bracers (25) jewelry
Spiritspeak 80.7