• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Sampire Gargoyle ?

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Folks,

I have a sampire but I've seen those Gargoyle Throwers around and they seem to deal pretty good damage. My only concern is their durability/ability to tank peerless and champs like Semidar & Rikktor. Since they are throwers that would seem to indicate they need to be a certain distance away.

Anybody have a Sampire Thrower or can contribute advice? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you in advance! :)

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Folks,

I have a sampire but I've seen those Gargoyle Throwers around and they seem to deal pretty good damage. My only concern is their durability/ability to tank peerless and champs like Semidar & Rikktor. Since they are throwers that would seem to indicate they need to be a certain distance away.

Anybody have a Sampire Thrower or can contribute advice? Would be greatly appreciated.

although I don't play one I believe the tactic is to use the thrower like a typical melee sampire, i.e standing toe to toe with monsters, the main benifit i see is for spawns ect where the champ just stays still you can move back to the "sweet spot" and throw away.... Semidar and Rikktor are always going to lay down the hurt but if your wep is set up right (i.e right leeches / slayer) you should be able to stand and spam AI and stay alive... just make sure that your HCI is capped out as a miss at the wrong time can mean death with a monster like them.

As long as you are swinging and hitting you are healing... from what I hear the sampire throwers are doing really well at the moment. Unless you are having trouble doing those things on your existing sampier though I am not sure why you would want to change... unless you just want to try something new.... what you may wish to do if you are having bother on your existing character is remake your suit!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wraith form is better. I messed around with a Melee Sampire Gargoyle and he did ok, his 50 HCI was awesome, but the lack of damage reduction from a swampie was really missed. But, it does work and they have the right weapons to do it.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes the throwers kite to stay in the sweet spot range and avoid getting hit. They are damage dealers but not really tanks.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Folks,

I run one on siege shard. Build is basically like a standard sampire these days, but with spirit speak instead of parry. Use him like a melee char if possible or neccesary, it seems there is no big disadvantage with staying close. Cyclones instead of soulglaives most of the times, but reason for that is the not so perfect gear.
Momentum strikes as much as possible for spawn, learn when its time to use curse weapon or to run before things get rough, especially for caster spawns.
With rikky there is no problem keeping your distance, semidar is another thing. That char is male so has to use wraith form, was unable to keep swingspeed up because i missed alot ( hci not at cap and no hld ). But semidar should be possible with the normal gear on prodo shards or a female char.
When going to chain ai with a soulglaive you basically need to kite anything that hits hard and drops your stamina alot, if thats not possible, a 35 ssi cyclone and ls spam should enable you to deal with nearly everything.