• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire fail in new Doom Gauntlet

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So yesterday I had a big block of time free, and I decided to try the updated Doom for the first time. I wanted a Halo and thought to try my luck.

I spent about 30 mins getting a gold skull, and another 30 mins crafting a 100% cold dbl axe with:

81 hll
81 hml
50 hsl
50 di
Demon slayer

And put the following skills on (all 120s):

Swords
Tacts
Bush
Chiv
Necro
Resist Spells

(I realize 120 necro is overkill but I share the skill with a necro mastery mage)

Arrived to find a Dark Father waiting on me.

Cast Onslaught, Double strike, DS again, repeat while keeping Confidence up. After a few swings the DF spawns some undead mob, who bum rush me.

I switch to Whirlwind x infinity til they are cleared, then go back to onslaught - DS.

Sounds easy, but in reality was very not fun. Even with 120 resist, if the spawn was several ancient lich (common), I would die.

Often, the crowd would grow more quickly than I was thinning it, and I would die.

Every death, I would have to honor self to
get to my regs / petals.

I fought for over an hour (!!!!) and finally got the DF red lined (like less than 5%), but then he began the Ankh Mi Soh SS chain. Over and over again I'd red line him, spawn would get me, and he'd SS his life back up before I could finish the job.

After almost 3 hours of effort from start to finish I had to leave for family obligations. Leaving completely empty handed after all that effort left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I'm trying to keep my criticism of the devs in check here and just focus on what to do differently. I won't be going back any time soon, but I'd like to know what I could have done differently.

Thoughts?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would make another axe with 70 hit area(fire?) and use that when a lot of spawn shows up, should help to clear it out faster. Might want to consider getting a whetstone to clear of the DI on that weapon if you need HLL.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I believe the Dark Father is elemental slayer now. They changed it because of the blood elementals he spawns while you are fighting him.
Daemon and elemental slayers are opposites, whence the change.

But the new Doom is a bore.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Elemental???? How does that make any sense? Grrrrrr!

Well, all things considered, I feel better about my attempt. If those are opposites it is a wonder I got him as low as I did.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the Dark Father is elemental slayer now. They changed it because of the blood elementals he spawns while you are fighting him.
Daemon and elemental slayers are opposites, whence the change.

But the new Doom is a bore.
Is this for sure? Can someone confirm?

Odin Firefly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember exact numbers but i have lower -Chiv., Necro and Resists to have Parry.( 100parry+120Bush=35%counter attack possibility)
Use Onslaught a MUST for higher Dmg. output and with counter attack, from the parry, you should last longer(even if spawn is hitting you and you parry the hit from them you will counter attack-CA).
Double Striking and having the HFA all spawn gets hit 2X if the HFA activates and as a bouns if CA goes of while attacking the DF-You now just hit him 4X for the one attack.-See leeches happen here??
If a BIG spawn happens-3 Ancient Liches and 2 or more Blood Ele's, you can use a Greater Confusion Blast Potion if you see that they all get the jump on you.
Enhanced Apples for the blood oath. Must i Say HONOR??the DF??
I use a Double Axe-Demon Slayer-HFA 50%, SSI30, and Max imbue HML, HSL.
This is not perfect, I do die here but It gets the job done.
Let me know how you do with the Fleshrenderer-Evasion works some of the time.......You'll see....lol

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bearcorpse uses an elemental slayer weapon on him.
I did a quick check of the warrior forum, do you know if bearcorpse has done a listing of his gear and why he did it?

Looking at the 2nd room weapons, one is only imbued with four properties (HLL, HML, HSL, SSI) and has room for more.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I did a quick check of the warrior forum, do you know if bearcorpse has done a listing of his gear and why he did it?

Looking at the 2nd room weapons, one is only imbued with four properties (HLL, HML, HSL, SSI) and has room for more.
It also has blood drinker, which makes you regain HP when while the enemy is bleeding from a bleed attack, so 5 properties.
That one he must have spent hours reforging to get 60% fire and blood drinker to enhance with bronze for 100% fire damage.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also has blood drinker, which makes you regain HP when while the enemy is bleeding from a bleed attack, so 5 properties.
That one he must have spent hours reforging to get 60% fire and blood drinker to enhance with bronze for 100% fire damage.
That was a different weapon. It also had HLD and no SSI. He showed a second weapon under the second room after the blood drinker one. An ornate axe of quality.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That was a different weapon. It also had HLD and no SSI. He showed a second weapon under the second room after the blood drinker one. An ornate axe of quality.
Ah, yes.
No idea about that one. Unless he reforged overcapped HLL and HML on that one, there would be enough space for HLD or something else too.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So yesterday I had a big block of time free, and I decided to try the updated Doom for the first time. I wanted a Halo and thought to try my luck.

I spent about 30 mins getting a gold skull, and another 30 mins crafting a 100% cold dbl axe with:

81 hll
81 hml
50 hsl
50 di
Demon slayer

And put the following skills on (all 120s):

Swords
Tacts
Bush
Chiv
Necro
Resist Spells

(I realize 120 necro is overkill but I share the skill with a necro mastery mage)

Arrived to find a Dark Father waiting on me.

Cast Onslaught, Double strike, DS again, repeat while keeping Confidence up. After a few swings the DF spawns some undead mob, who bum rush me.

I switch to Whirlwind x infinity til they are cleared, then go back to onslaught - DS.

Sounds easy, but in reality was very not fun. Even with 120 resist, if the spawn was several ancient lich (common), I would die.

Often, the crowd would grow more quickly than I was thinning it, and I would die.

Every death, I would have to honor self to
get to my regs / petals.

I fought for over an hour (!!!!) and finally got the DF red lined (like less than 5%), but then he began the Ankh Mi Soh SS chain. Over and over again I'd red line him, spawn would get me, and he'd SS his life back up before I could finish the job.

After almost 3 hours of effort from start to finish I had to leave for family obligations. Leaving completely empty handed after all that effort left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I'm trying to keep my criticism of the devs in check here and just focus on what to do differently. I won't be going back any time soon, but I'd like to know what I could have done differently.

Thoughts?
I went there one time, I stayed there about ten days, fought until my armors broken. I returned home empty handed.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ouch. I have not tried again since then. I want to test out Bealank's elemental suggestion, I just haven't mustered the energy to go back any time soon.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I solo 7 full rounds, 1 DF + 5 rooms, no drop. It took me about 60-70 minutes to kill the first DF, then gradually down to about 40 minutes for the last one. I think it took about 40 - 45 minutes to do all five rooms.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here's my most recent battle report:
Went down there in a party of 8 a few days ago... we had 3 dark father's there waiting to greet us.

We had 3 sampires, and the rest tamers/mages. One or two people left after getting their butts handed to them multiple times in the first 10 minutes. After we were able to develop a rhythm of dragging off one of the DF's to focus on them, we knocked it out in about a half hour. The first DF was the hardest one, but as soon as we got that one down, the other two fell rather quick. By this time, there were only 5 of us left.

We did another round of rooms and despite still having 5 people, this time around we only spawned 1 DF. We were able to get it down relatively quickly. I got the 5 blood on each of the Dark fathers, however, no one got drops.

I was running sampire, using bushido mastery, double axe with HLL, HML, Hit Fire area, Hit fireball, HLD and undead cameo. I suggest lots of Trinsic petals and Enchanted apples. Orange petals didn't help much.