• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] sampire archery?

T

Tefery

I did some searching and didnt come up with anything. Atm im running your basic abc archer with 110 resist. As an example lets say im fighting an oni. Now i can beat him pretty good but i have to run 2 or 3 times depending on crits and misses.

What im wondering is would dropping healing and resist for necro and spirit speak make me stronger agianst casters? a basic melee mob is cake but even with 110 resist and 100 healing im having trouble with casters.

Should i even bother with spirit speak? Or will vamp form be enough healing for me and keep resist? I dont like how fast cursed wep wears off so if vampform isnt enough healing ill almost have to take Spirit speak.

Will any of the summons be worth a poo as an archer or are they all too weak to be of any help?

Lastly does DCI do anything for an abc archer? I didnt figure it would but in my searches i came across a post or 2 talking about dci on archers. I didnt think we could parry or am i compleatly wrong.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the vamp form or wraith form archer can be quite powerful (I prefer the generic ABC myself).

Whether or not you use spirit speak is up to you, mana leeching from wraith form can help a lot if you don't have high mana regeneration or mana leeching bows. The good thing is that with a good hit, you'll never have to worry about hit points while in vamp form or if curse weapon is up.

The problem is you'll almost certainly have to drop another useful skill in order to get the necromancy and/or spirit speak in order to use the form. I don't know what I'd drop in order to add in necromancy.

DCI is great to have, but in PvM, isn't a requirement. But when you get paralyzed and the hard hitting monster gets close or if you lag out, you won't regret adding DCI to your suit.

Summons (aka animate dead) depend on what you're fighting. Some are great, some just stink. I prefer having a human archer and casting nature's fury a lot. But I have insane mana regeneration, meditation and mana leeching bows so I can do that.

C

Connor_Graham

The problem is you'll almost certainly have to drop another useful skill in order to get the necromancy and/or spirit speak in order to use the form. I don't know what I'd drop in order to add in necromancy.
You'd have to drop Resist in order to fit Necro in, which would make the character dependent on potions to counteract the constant Curse spell being cast and killing swing speed, not to mention petals, trapped box, and all the other goodies you need to have if you don't have Resist. It's a very tight template, and requires a lot of macros to play, but it's possible. Personally, I prefer my ABC archer as is. He's the most powerful and has the best survivability of any of my characters, including my Sampire.

C

CroMag1980

It would certainly help your multiple target efficiency e.g. perma spamming lightning arrow at spawns.

Infact any human archer with nox crystal and a necro book could exploit this if they wanted to just with joat.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did some searching and didnt come up with anything. Atm im running your basic abc archer with 110 resist. As an example lets say im fighting an oni. Now i can beat him pretty good but i have to run 2 or 3 times depending on crits and misses.

What im wondering is would dropping healing and resist for necro and spirit speak make me stronger agianst casters? a basic melee mob is cake but even with 110 resist and 100 healing im having trouble with casters.

Should i even bother with spirit speak? Or will vamp form be enough healing for me and keep resist? I dont like how fast cursed wep wears off so if vampform isnt enough healing ill almost have to take Spirit speak.

Lastly does DCI do anything for an abc archer? I didnt figure it would but in my searches i came across a post or 2 talking about dci on archers. I didnt think we could parry or am i compleatly wrong.
1. Can't parry with an archer, so you are not wrong
2. As Farsight pointed out, DCI isn't needed...but even if you can squeeze 20 DCI or so in...you're doing something.
3. I'm not sure what your prime intention is, but an archer isn't a tank...no matter what game. Mana leech used to be way more effective with a bow. Farsight has a nice point of sticking in meditation to help the cause. It's completely feasible in that manner.
4. As Connor stated, you will need a sharp macro setup to pull off playing a sampirish type of archer. Which is well...meh in my book.
5. Easily more effective to just play a straight-up necro archer and use their book of tricks then what you're wanting to do.
6. Can't rely on perfection to the same degree that you can with a dexxer.

In short, without good macro setup, gear, weapons, and tons of items (in place of resist), you will actually be at a severe disadvantage against casters. That of course depending on if they are a fast mob or not. If they move quick, you could find yourself in trouble.

From my personal experience, curse weapon + spirit speak wasn't always enough, but I hunt high-end mobs.

I'm not real sure, but I don't see the problem as far as with casters. I imagine REALLY...it is just your tactics. Try not to wait for the bandage to fix your poison and elementary stuff like that will help.

What weapon(s) do you primarily use?

N

NickyDishes

funny this post got brought up cause i just switched back to abc from whammy archer the damage is high enough, with curse weapon up to refill your hp to full almost everytime u land a hit...not worth trading out for resist and healing if u ask me.... i found myself running back away to hit confidence and spirit speak to heal way to often.....also the regs are an issue unless your stickin to just cw and form spells.... if there was a way to fit 100 lrc and resist on this temp it would be ideal for soloing champ spawns.....but even then after every spawn u have to farm karma if u want chiv to be effective.....not worth it stick to the sampire dexxer