• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Sampire Archer

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking of
Anatomy 100
Archery 120
Busido 110
Chivalry 60
Necromancy 99
Healing 100
Tactics 110

Which leaves me with 21 spare points...workable? Or need adjustment?

S

Stupid Miner

Thinking of
Anatomy 100
Archery 120
Busido 110
Chivalry 60
Necromancy 99
Healing 100
Tactics 110

Which leaves me with 21 spare points...workable? Or need adjustment?
Both. It's viable, but could be 'improved' with some tweaking.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump Bushido to 120 more likely to get a critical that way. The last 11 into Chiv for 71. Less fizzle that way.

S

Stupid Miner

And which tweakings would that be?
Depends on how you want to improve it.

Anatomy 100
Archery 120
Bushido 120
Chivalry 70
Necromancy 100
100 SS
Tactics 110

Necromancy/SS increases damage with corpse skin and survivability with curse weapon, and gives you the option of using wraith form for chain Armor Ignores on high mana opponents
a 120 Tactics scroll doesnt justify its own cost, and being able to animate Skeletal dragons (3 of them) is a lot of fun, although unnecessary.

Or switch Anatomy for Resist if you hate Mana Drain/Paralyze/Necro Spells and the like.

And, well, plenty of other ways to change it, but then it wouldn't be a "Sampire Archer" anymore.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw, would a Bloodwood enhance be good for an Archer Sampire?

I was looking and my SSI and DI are already at max, so don't need them.

S

Stupid Miner

Hm, that was already explained in my post, third paragraph. If you want further detail, you'll want to read through the Info on those spells in the Necromancy page.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, it talks of spells, not why instead of healing, as far as I know, Spirit Speak gives less hp than healing.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curse weapon heals a LOT more than healing over time.

Especially if you're hitting for 150+ damage and healing up to 70% of your damage output.
(20% from vamp form and 50% from curse weapon).

You will never use the spirit speak skill for healing.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as i can see on Stratics, then Curse Weapon only lasts around 2½ seconds per cast, I don't see how thats terribly useful. Thats 1-2 hits.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it lasts much longer at 100 SS. around 20 seconds.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as i can see on Stratics, then Curse Weapon only lasts around 2½ seconds per cast, I don't see how thats terribly useful. Thats 1-2 hits.
2.5 seconds at 0 SS (or is it 2.5 with JOAT?)

There was a post a few weeks back about a sampire archer, i posted on it with the set up of mine.
And another one about kit for sampire archer :D

They should help to read.

Thunderz

S

Saris

Curse weapon heals a LOT more than healing over time.

Especially if you're hitting for 150+ damage and healing up to 70% of your damage output.
(20% from vamp form and 50% from curse weapon).

You will never use the spirit speak skill for healing.
I use SS quite a bit , I have it for curse weapon and animate but esp with a bow, some time you will get hit and get pain spiked at the same time, by time you cast divine fury and get a attack in you can die, so if I am already bleeding or lethally poisoned getting ganged up on ect, I like being able to run away and pop a quick SS heal, it has saved me quite a bit. Its the pally heal you will never use.

Also I hit for 150 sometimes but some event mobs and peerless I hit for all of 30 and leeching don't quite keep up even with curse weapon.

I have not run with anatomy or healing in over a year and I die very very seldom.

S

Stupid Miner

Also I hit for 150 sometimes but some event mobs and peerless I hit for all of 30 and leeching don't quite keep up even with curse weapon.
Switch to wraith form and use a Composite bow for AI