• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Sampire 2010

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sampires deserve a thread of its own for tactics, & templates so here it is. Any post in this thread not related to sampires will be removed, deleted, & well lets not go there.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll ask questions which I already know the answer to (and has been answered in the forum many many times!), just to get them here. The idea is to give short answers which are easily understood.

1. What is a Sampire?
A sampire is any combination of necromancy's vampire embrace and bushido.

2. What is an effective Sampire template?
i.e. I use the following:
115 swords
115 bushido
100 healing
100 anatomy
110 tactics
100 necromancy
70 chivalry

It isn't the most optimized Sampire template out there, but is effective enough for simple things like Medusa or Dread Horn.

3. What is the most effective weapon for Sampire-ness?

4. What modifications do you need for the weapons?
i.e. most people say stamina leech and mana leech are required.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How bout some info in this thread for the new "Rock-u-rai" template?

Running enough mysticism to go into Rock Form with all other skills very similar to a sampire...

I'm working on mine right now, not exactly sure how they should all be set, but I've seen a few ppl tanking some high end mobs on Cats and they seem REALLY nice :)

J

[JD]

Can we keep this thread devoid of all non sampire mentions. And especially Rock-u-Rai. You and K-Fed have a good time with that.

T

tatey

Welcome to Sampire 2011!

I'm currently working on training this template (never used a Sampire before):

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Anatomy
99 Necromancy
-----------------
559 Points

From this point I'm debating between the following (problem being that I am not rich, and don't have awesome gear):

91 Healing or 91 Magic Resist
70 Chivalry

+Jewelry

I think i added everything right...

J

[JD]

I have been fairly happy with my swords sampire, but there is an element of flexibility which has been missing.

There are certain bosses that just hit so hard I would rather be using range. Also, there will frequently be spawn on a ledge I can't get to. Previously I had used spirit speak for a couple withers, but then I'd have to do the karma see-saw. Lastly there is the subject of raiders on yoru champ spawn. Yet an archer only sampire would seem really limited because you need whirlwind also....

This is what I'm considering

120 archery- for pvp raiders, spawn on ledges, and hard hitting bosses
120 swords- for everything else, can use bokuto, ubws war fork for pvp also
120 bush
105 tactics- (90 trained + 15 on 5ssi ring)
86 anat (rest of pts here, im on a 705 skill pt acct, can be swapped with resist for certain applications)
99 Necro
70 chiv

Does anyone else run a melee weap skill AND archery on their sampire?