• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sam/Pally/Macer for DOOM!?

• Thread starter Nitrous Oxide
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nitrous Oxide

Here is my template, I know this horse is beat to death but I figured what the hell I just may learn something. OH and I already tried the search function.

Anatomy 47.7 (locking at 100)
Bushido 55.0 (locking at 100)
Chivalry 45.9 (locking at 70)
Healing 46.1 (locking at 90)
Maces 54.6 (going to legend this one)
Parry 47.1 (going to lock at 100)
Tactics 43.7 (locking at 100)

Stats I have the 230 stat cap right now so Im planning on

str 100
dex 100
int 30 and getting armor with bonus's for gains

Armor Im playing with crap right because Im a returning player and never seen all this crap before and Im flat broke. Maby 200k. LOL

and what would you change and why? BTW im taking armor/weapon donations on Atl!

I

imported_Farsight

Advice #1: Drop your strength, increase your dex. When playing a warrior type, swing speed is nearly everything. So unless you plan on using the darkwood suit (elf only, good mods though), you could do with a little less strength. Or find items which increase your strength and dex.

Advice #2: Find a way to raise your parry and bushido. Even at the affordable 115 level, having a high parry and bushido is great. Since you lowered your strength, being hit less is a huge bonus.

Advice #3: Think about the jewlery you'll be using a lot. There are some bonusses that are great for training, but once you have a decent character they aren't so good any more. Hit chance increase is one of those. Eventually, you're going to want a +1 fast cast ring and bracelet along with other additions like skill gain or damage increase. Keep your eyes open. Good rings are hard to find, but they're out there and they're probably the cheapest "uber" things to find. I've seen worse jewels than mine for sale for multiple millions (I doubt they've sold), and I bought mine for a max of 50k.

Advice #4: Everything in the game revolves around finding the right weapon for the right job. For a mace fighter, you're looking for a diamond mace with swing speed increase, mana leech and/or stamina leech. You probably won't find it quickly or cheaply. But still, mana leech, stamina leech and swing speed increase maces will save your game. And on that note, there are no good mace artifacts, so the best you could do is probably buy some runic hammer and give them to your smith friends (or mules if you have one) with the understanding that you get the one or two best weapons from the kit.

Advice #5: This isn't a character advice so much as a play style advice, but I think it's probably the most important thing I could say. And that is, "Interact with everyone you run across." You make friends that way, and having friends in game makes the game so much more fun.

N

Nitrous Oxide

<blockquote><hr>

Advice #1: Drop your strength, increase your dex. When playing a warrior type, swing speed is nearly everything. So unless you plan on using the darkwood suit (elf only, good mods though), you could do with a little less strength. Or find items which increase your strength and dex.

once you said this, I am planning on buying a stat scroll and only raising dex.

Advice #2: Find a way to raise your parry and bushido. Even at the affordable 115 level, having a high parry and bushido is great. Since you lowered your strength, being hit less is a huge bonus.

Same answer as a above. GOing to raise these up.

Advice #3: Think about the jewlery you'll be using a lot. There are some bonusses that are great for training, but once you have a decent character they aren't so good any more. Hit chance increase is one of those. Eventually, you're going to want a +1 fast cast ring and bracelet along with other additions like skill gain or damage increase. Keep your eyes open. Good rings are hard to find, but they're out there and they're probably the cheapest "uber" things to find. I've seen worse jewels than mine for sale for multiple millions (I doubt they've sold), and I bought mine for a max of 50k.

Thanks for the info.

Advice #4: Everything in the game revolves around finding the right weapon for the right job. For a mace fighter, you're looking for a diamond mace with swing speed increase, mana leech and/or stamina leech. You probably won't find it quickly or cheaply. But still, mana leech, stamina leech and swing speed increase maces will save your game. And on that note, there are no good mace artifacts, so the best you could do is probably buy some runic hammer and give them to your smith friends (or mules if you have one) with the understanding that you get the one or two best weapons from the kit.

Dropped the maces for the much faster swords. Came across a soulseeker and couldnt pass it up.

Advice #5: This isn't a character advice so much as a play style advice, but I think it's probably the most important thing I could say. And that is, "Interact with everyone you run across." You make friends that way, and having friends in game makes the game so much more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I all ready do this.

Now, WHich skill should I drop in order to get Magic Resists in there. I have read I NEED resist for doom!

I

imported_Farsight

I don't use resist in Doom, and I do quite well. On the other hand, my template is different than yours, but yours should do fine.

Mine is:
115 Mace
115 Parry
115 Bushido
100 Spirit Speak
85 Necromancy
70 Chivalry
100 Tactics
And whatever is left is in focus (used to be anatomy)

That works for me as a great solo-Doom template because I can always leech back whatever the bad guys hit me with. But it does take a lot of getting used to.

My normal samurai also has no resist, instead having 115 sword, tactics, anatomy, bushido, 80 chivalry and 100 healing. When I'm in a group, this is a vastly better template than having the spirit speak, and I'm still not troubled by having no resist.

Actually dropping skills from this template, once you're used to it, is a very difficult thing to do. I recommend keeping it as-is for as long as you feel you can tolerate it. If you find you can survive in areas with melee and spellcasting creatures with no trouble (the Citadel and Ilshenar-Honesty's titan valley are good places to practice once you get to the 90's in swords) then you might realize that the benifits of having bushido and/or healing outweigh the losses from having no resist.

But later on, you may consider dropping healing for resist (or a small amount of necromancy, depending on if you play alone or not), as confidence is often a better way of healing yourself than healing skill.