• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Salvage ingots

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have 102.6 mining skill with gloves. I use a salvage bag to recycle ingots. I get just 2 ingots from a dagger. I thought I must get 3.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The current batch of devs thought that the deliberate (though an Easter egg) +1 ingot bonus added by the bag's creators, was a Bug.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but it wasn't until discovering this thread that I realized that my character and/or salvage bags are not bugged, but are actually functioning as originally intended someone thinks they should(?).

It appears that both Stratics.UO (blacksmithy essay page) and UOGuide (Mining page, and Salvage Bag page depending on how you read that one) are both in need of updates. The bag no longer provides the +1 ingot return. Seems our sources of info should reflect that information.

Signed, frustrated smith-in-last-stages-of-training

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but it wasn't until discovering this thread that I realized that my character and/or salvage bags are not bugged, but are actually functioning as originally intended someone thinks they should(?).

It appears that both Stratics.UO (blacksmithy essay page) and UOGuide (Mining page, and Salvage Bag page depending on how you read that one) are both in need of updates. The bag no longer provides the +1 ingot return. Seems our sources of info should reflect that information.

Signed, frustrated smith-in-last-stages-of-training
You're free to create an account on uoguide and update the pages, Padre. And I'm sure Basara, Petra or whoever is in charge here are glad to get additional help maintaining the pages on stratics. The UO Devs never give out all infos, and if they give out an info, its most likely buried deep in a threat here somewhere. Its up to the players to collect that bits of info and make it available to everyone, be it at a Wiki or at a fan site.

Signed, frustrated UOGuide contributor

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Lord Crowen, for your response. I just may take you up on those offers!

I should clarify that my "frustration" is from the fact that a dev took away the bonus at some point, and definitely (very definitely) not at UOGuide and/or Stratics. I use those two websites far too much to say something bad about them. My post should have more clearly stated that I was simply trying to point out an inaccuracy, and not something more negative.

Thank you for your response, as I now realize how that post might have been read. And again, maybe I shall step up my game in contributing to two sites that make UO far easier to understand and more enjoyable to play!

Signed, appreciative UOGuide and Stratics reader

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm frustrated too with the change, and especially the part where (like JOAT counting toward special weapons moves) the later devs that removed it called it a bug, when their predecessors stated point blank it was intended.

I've been meaning for months to start into updating the FAQs, but have had some RL issues get in the way. The same RL issues have cut my play time from 20-40 hours per week to closer to 3-5.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think one thing that is a BIG bonus is that smithing is now counted as mining when smealting ingots. I don't have mining on my smith, its on my t-hunter so I was often frustrated when i couldn't smealt with my smith. No more! now my 120 smithing is good enough to smealt! Huzzah!