• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Salvage Bag : How To Use

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See even a vet can get tripped up and need to post here lol.

Ok had about 10mins to spare on the weekend so thought hey lets try out those salvage bags. So purchase a bag head to my house and throw a bunch of items (tailor/smith) that I wanted to returned back to there original resources. My thought was that the bags did your smelting/cutting for you oops Im wrong.

So I head to meet up with guildmates before we head out to do some peerless so I start quizing them on salvage bags, my responses:
A> You put things into bag and when you go to sell these items will be chosen first - dont think this is right
B> You put items you dont want in it and then throw the salvage bag out - ever feel the need to smack someone upside the head for being stupid
C> Salvage bag whats a salvage bag ive never heard of it - lol

Tried searching the forums for both salvage bag and just salvage got back many posts that had nothing to do with what I was looking for. So lets see what responses we can get here somebody in this game must have figured out how to use these . . . . . maybe

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

we have a nice post for them in the crafters section^^.

you need tongs or hammer as smithtool and/or scissiors for tailorstuff in your MAIN-Backpack, and not in sub-pounches.

then after you filled the items in the salvagebag, click the bag once.. with the left button and choose..

and now!!

:hug:

all done^^

all items which are remaining in the salvage bag, you can not recycle, so sell them, or trash them.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remeber that you need to have mining for smelting/recycling metalwares and you might need to be close to a forge to do.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Look in the FAQ Sticky in Craftsman forum, there is a link to a post of guides - the Salvage Bag guide is right near the top.

Short version:

You put the stuff in (tailor & smith items only), bring up the bag's context menu, then choose the type of recycling.

"Cloth" includes cloth & leather, and will recycle some of the "reversed" armor types one can't recycle normally (still won't recycle bone armor though). Will turn bone piles into the crafting bones (without dropping any on the ground, if overweight), and will turn any unused cloth in the bag into bandages. Requires the user to have scissors on them.

The metal recycling only works on Smith items, but you get back ONE MORE INGOT PER ITEM than you would have if you'd recycled without the bag. Requires forge and anvil at normal distance, but a fire beetle can count as the forge. Doesn't smelt ore into ingots, though.

the "All" feature does both types at the same time.

In any of these cases, the recycling is done in ONE SECOND, as opposed to about a second per item using UO Assist's recycle agent.

Remember also, that your return in salvaging cloth is based on your TAILOR skill, while your return in salvaging smith items is based on you MINING skill.