• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

sale history from vendors

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I load a lot of stuff on vendors and sometimes come back to a lot of gold and no idea what sold.

is there a way to tell what sold from your vendors?
Ideally it shouldn't be hard to tell what sold if you add more vendors and sell by category like I do.

But I do agree such a system would be nice but no way in hell it's ever coded in to the game.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When I ran a lot of vendors I used to keep track of it on a spread sheet, including competitors pricing etc. This let me know to raise/lower prices, what needed to be stocked more frequently or in larger quantities.

This was also prior to in game vendor search and that 'search' website we had access to.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
But I do agree such a system would be nice but no way in hell it's ever coded in to the game.
Just thought about this.. but they already have the basic coding in game for this. When you sell an item on the auction safe it alerts you that it sold. Should not be that difficult to code it to the vendors as well I would not think.

Getting it to happen may indeed be a long shot though. I agree with you there.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem......didn't know what I had that sold, etc., so I started taking a screen shot of my vendors' open packs and keeping them in a file.
Ya, but they're not gonna code something that specific when people can simplify be categorizing vendors. That and the dev's code what they want 90% of the time.

That said, unless you're in a stone plaster house. Is it really so hard to set up multiple vendors to better track stock.

Off the top of my head, I wana say I have 20.

One for daily rates, so for that one. Do I really need to know if I sold 20 fruit baskets or 6 closed barrels?

No. Juat thst I sold some daily rates.

Like I said, I see the promise in the idea but even a crappy dev will look at it the same way and just not care unless it's a feature one of them want down the line.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs don't need to do a thing. Just take a screenshot to help you remember what was on the vendor. I'm not talking about a bunch of penny-ante stuff......I don't care if 4 fruit baskets sold or 5......I'm talking about finding 20 mil on the vendor and not remembering what was on it.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs don't need to do a thing. Just take a screenshot to help you remember what was on the vendor. I'm not talking about a bunch of penny-ante stuff......I don't care if 4 fruit baskets sold or 5......I'm talking about finding 20 mil on the vendor and not remembering what was on it.
But does it really matter what u sold for 20 mil in the grand scheme of things.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other games have this feature. A certain classic Korean mmorpg has a log of every item sold, the price, and who bought it while your character is in vendor mode. I don't know why we cannot have it on player vendors. The auction safes have this feature for bid history.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other games have this feature. A certain classic Korean mmorpg has a log of every item sold, the price, and who bought it while your character is in vendor mode. I don't know why we cannot have it on player vendors. The auction safes have this feature for bid history.
But correct me if I'm wrong. That's bid history which is wiped when a new items listed is it not?

So afaik it has no real historical value which seems to be the premise of this post.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know that I am completely against my vendors keeping a log of who is buying. Is the information useful? Sure. Do I want anyone to know that I am buying stuff from them. Absolutely not.

As far as a record of what I sell, sure, that's fine, but does it really matter? Once I put it on the vendor I consider it gone anyway.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if it really matters, you should make your own inventory list and track it yourself.
That's what I'm saying. I get the idea of it all and how it could be nice. But if a user takes the time to categorize their vendors like me or use let's say an excel sheet.

It's a moot point for the devs, not that they would even consider it unless it was something they wanted or 95% of the games population complained enough for it that they would just do it.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what I'm saying. I get the idea of it all and how it could be nice. But if a user takes the time to categorize their vendors like me or use let's say an excel sheet.

It's a moot point for the devs, not that they would even consider it unless it was something they wanted or 95% of the games population complained enough for it that they would just do it.
Agreed, it is something a player can easily track themselves, instead of adding more code to the spaghetti bowl that it already is.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you read the posts, you would see that is exactly what I do. I take screenshots and make price notes.
then why did you reply like you did? your reply made it look like you wanted the devs to waste time on adding inventory tracking instead of the player doing it themselves.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the game doesnt need a feature because players can just make a spreadsheet is the most uo thing i've ever heard lol
And the more devs cater to laziness, this game will finally stop circling the drain and disappear.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the promise of the idea and I rather like it.

But I am also more realistic that some of the others here.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then why did you reply like you did? your reply made it look like you wanted the devs to waste time on adding inventory tracking instead of the player doing it themselves.
I think you need to reread the posts. I never said a word about wanting the devs to get involved.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you need to reread the posts. I never said a word about wanting the devs to get involved.
Realistically for such a feature to even be introduced into the game, who do you think would end up doing it?

Either way, intentional or not, it was implied.

Last edited:

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, in EC, you have a handy feature that goes a long way to this:
Actions -> Other -> Export Items to file

open up your vendor, then open the container inside it (*), click on that action, target the open pack. You get a nice file output. Now use a file comparison utility of your choosing to compare an older export of the same container.

(*) unfortunately, I saw no way to export from the whole vendor container itself (and sub-containers), maybe somebody else knows?