• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sakkarah? You sneak!

F

Flora Green

Well, I don't know if you are responsible, but whoever is, THANKS!

All I will say to everyone else (if you haven't found it already) is go play with an existing Holiday deco item. :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are loads of old holiday deco items!

and I handed many of mine in for spring cleaning! more clue please???

F

Flora Green

Umm... think focal point. Gardening. I want people to be as surprised as I was. :)

K

Katlene

Im going to hazzard a guess that its only on origin at the moment and that we wont know about it till the pub hits the rest of the shards :(

F

Flora Green

Actually it was late when I posted and I was half out of it cause of my meds. I totally forgot that some of you wouldn't be able to see it yet. So, I wasn't teasing on purpose. Oops. :) *blushes*

Yeah Christmas Tree ftw.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if we'll all get a tree this year and if this particular aspect will also affect new trees?

*Nub who has no tree*
;)

A

Aboo

Flora's being a tease...I found it and it's just on Origin so far.
Would anyone mind stopping the teasing and tell us what it is? I feel like I am back in high school and some kids are running around saying "Nah nana nan nah, I know a secret and you don't" and then sticking their tongues out at me.

C

Ceridwen

If you have InsideUO, you can at least find one of the presents already... ^^ *jumps around excited*
Some others can be found too through strings - can't wait for tomorrow! :D *jumps around some more*

Sakkarah, I absolutely adore the one I saw so far! (who cares if I'm being a tease? Don't want to ruin it for others who want to wait for it)

A

Aboo

EXACTLY like that. I hated high school and I dislike feeling like I am back there 30 some-odd years later.:(

So for those of you who truly don't wish to be a tease and don't wish to spoil it for others, you are more than welcome to PM me.

C

Ceridwen

EXACTLY like that. I hated high school and I dislike feeling like I am back there 30 some-odd years later.:(

So for those of you who truly don't wish to be a tease and don't wish to spoil it for others, you are more than welcome to PM me.
As you wish, Mylady. *bows*
(although I can't send the graphic I found, but I'm sure you'll know what I mean, since it's easy to describe)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make a new [Spoilers] topic and put it all in there since some of us can't use insideUO or even get into the game at the moment.

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well some people like to feel special that they have something that you don't :coco: And by what I am reading we will all have that deep secert they hold that makes them feel so "speical" by thursday morning :lol: I agree I also do not like the what I call the grade school flashback here of saying "I got something you don't have" :stir:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i'd be considering it all differently if not for the fact I don't even havethe option to go in and check for myself. If it was just me bein lazy it wouldn't bother me as much.

C

Ceridwen

Topic made.

twoburntfouryou,
it's not about feeling special, it's just the usual feeling I get after reading the new strings after patches. That's all. :)

F

Flora Green

I didn't post this to be mean, Aboo. Cripes. I simply had a blonde moment and forgot you all can't see it yet. If you want to know about the Christmas Tree I'll tell you in PM or maybe someone has already put it in the spoiler thread.

A

Aboo

I didn't post this to be mean, Aboo. Cripes. I simply had a blonde moment and forgot you all can't see it yet. If you want to know about the Christmas Tree I'll tell you in PM or maybe someone has already put it in the spoiler thread.
I hope my comments weren't taken different than how I meant them. That did remind me of when I was in high school but I was just pouting. Didn't mean to imply that you were deliberately being mean. I love Christmas in UO and have for 11 years and am having a really hard time waiting for it in UO.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope... isn't in the spoiler thread yet.

D

Devil_Woman

Miss Flora could be so kind as to pop over there and post it for us. ;)

I took a run around Luna on Origin and found some holiday trees, at least one of each of the two types. I can't tell that there's anything different about them.

A

Aboo

Miss Flora could be so kind as to pop over there and post it for us. ;)

I took a run around Luna on Origin and found some holiday trees, at least one of each of the two types. I can't tell that there's anything different about them.
Can I second my sister's request? Pllleeeeaaaasssseeee?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would anyone mind stopping the teasing and tell us what it is? I feel like I am back in high school and some kids are running around saying "Nah nana nan nah, I know a secret and you don't" and then sticking their tongues out at me.
Sorry for being mean and the delay in replying. Had to take my grandson to an appointment this morning and just got home.

All that's changed is that you have the choice now as to whether or not your Christmas tree from the Christmas tree deeds is bare or decorated, whether you choose the modern or the classic design. That's all.

A

Aboo

Sorry for being mean and the delay in replying. Had to take my grandson to an appointment this morning and just got home.

All that's changed is that you have the choice now as to whether or not your Christmas tree from the Christmas tree deeds is bare or decorated, whether you choose the modern or the classic design. That's all.
Thanks for the reply (I was just teasing too and pouting about the mean part).

OT - As a Nana myself, how old is your grandson? How many grandkids do you have?

F

Flora Green

It's all good, Aboo. Just the misunderstanding of text. Merry Christmas. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply (I was just teasing too and pouting about the mean part).

OT - As a Nana myself, how old is your grandson? How many grandkids do you have?
I have a 14 year old granddaughter, a 4 year old grandson, and an 18 month old grandson.

A

Aboo

I have a 14 year old granddaughter, a 4 year old grandson, and an 18 month old grandson.
What a nice little family of grandkids you have!

Back on topic so I don't get chewed on for being OT - Do the trees look exactly like normal only without decorations? I wonder if we will be able to leave them up all year although I guess they are still considered "Holiday trees" even without decorations as far as the coding goes. Hmmmmmmm.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's what the gump looks like when you use the Christmas tree deed and below it are what the decorated and bare trees look like.

Unfortunately, the "classic" tree looks .... ummm ... shabby but I guess that's because my house on Origin is in Fel. The ones at Flora's Zento shop look much nicer. :D

F

Flora Green

Yes, it was a nice surprise. I was just rearranging the trees to make room for a sleigh.

*crosses fingers we can have them up a couple months or maybe the Tuscany Pine (I've been bugging Sak about) will become a seed at some point*

A

Aboo

Here's what the gump looks like when you use the Christmas tree deed and below it are what the decorated and bare trees look like.

Unfortunately, the "classic" tree looks .... ummm ... shabby but I guess that's because my house on Origin is in Fel. The ones at Flora's Zento shop look much nicer. :D

Thanks for the pics! I may take a trip to Zento on Origin later tonight and take a peek at the trees if I can find the house.

N

Ni-

oooo, That would be nice if they changed it so that when it's not the holidays that the bare version of the tree is still a valid option, and the non bare option becomes available when it is the holidays. Instead of a decorated tree re-deeding it changes to the bare version of the tree. Ahh, on can wish can't he?

A

Aboo

are you sure you don't mean pre-school? in high school it would be more like "I know something you don't, LOSER" and then they trap you in a dumpster. . .
Nah, I'm 53 years old and they didn't do that when I went to school. They were just smug and mean when they knew/had something you didn't.

R

Radun

I feel like I am back in high school and some kids are running around saying "Nah nana nan nah, I know a secret and you don't" and then sticking their tongues out at me.
are you sure you don't mean pre-school? in high school it would be more like "I know something you don't, LOSER" and then they trap you in a dumpster.

P.S. are you sure the new versions of 'holiday' trees will still be able to be shown outside of the holiday season? oh and since they're called 'holiday' trees, will we be able to display them at easter etc? kind of a misnomer if that isn't the case.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, the next question is, "Are they going to be active all year or be deactivated eventually?"
The same question was asked in the other christmas gift thread (entitled ":::Spoiler::: The Christmas Gifts are Great! Thank you Devs!") and this is what Regine said:
Q - Will we be able to use the Christmas tree deeds all year long to set up bare trees?
A - Unfortunately no. Since we do not want players having Christmas tree up year round, the trees will redeed as usual past a certain date.
Thinking of it though, I might be able to only make the bare trees available past that date. In which case you would be able to use the deeds year round but only have access to the decorated trees during the holidays.
I'll look into that. But obviously you're not getting that this publish. Maybe 58, but no promises.