• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Sak, since you seem to be in a mood

D

DHMagicMan_1

to consider reasonable suggestions and tweaks to the gardening mini-game, how about considering modifying the number of FD it takes to grow one plant? I'm thinking maybe 8 to 12 FD would be a reasonable number per plant?

In the end, using FD usually gives us a net of about 1 bonus day (if we remember to use extra Strength and Heath potions daily so on average we get our "Pop" stage seven on day 5 (23 hours after you plant and the first time you water, that little green spec is stage 2) and we can deco on day 8 if appropriate... if growing with seeds we'll generally get one extra bonus over the life of the plant meaning two bonus days out of the 15 total days it took.

When you think about only Earth Eles (and Ore Eles) and Ant Lions drop FD and normally between 2 to 4 pieces with occasionally 5 pieces, you are looking at about 12 to 16 kills or there abouts per plant right now... seems a bit over done to be able to grow one plant.

I know we can plant Green Thorns in dirt and grow regs which sometimes include FD and you can get 20 or so FD off a single Green Thorn sometimes... on the other hand, you can only plant 1 Green Thorn every 3 or 4 minutes and it's really boring and stupid to just stand around waiting until you can drop a second thorn. Very frustrating so I never bother with that way at all.

Anyway, I'm hoping you will consider changing the balance of how much FD it takes to grow a single plant... I'm thinking 3 to 5 kills worth of FD is plenty IMHO... but that's just me.

L

Lady Vivian

I agree. It does seem as though 40 fertile dirt to fill one plant bowl for 1 seed is a bit much. Would love to see the amount needed per plant reduced to what I, at least, consider a reasonable amount. PLEASE!

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, 40 is rather high. But considering it can give you a 2-day bonus, and the fact that a single green thorn could give 20 FD, I wouldn't mind lowering the FD requirement to 20. So you still have to work for it either by growing thorns or spending a less "excessive" amount of time hunting them.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Yeah, 40 is rather high. But considering it can give you a 2-day bonus, and the fact that a single green thorn could give 20 FD, I wouldn't mind lowering the FD requirement to 20. So you still have to work for it either by growing thorns or spending a less "excessive" amount of time hunting them.
Anything would help! :thumbup1:

THANKS!!!

L

Lady Vivian

Thank you very much! 20 seems a much more reasonable amount.:)

N

Ni-

20 would be alot less arduous. That will be nice if/when you are able to modify it.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 would be alot less arduous. That will be nice if/when you are able to modify it.
Won't be this publish. Mesanna would skin me alive (with good reason!) if I tried to sneak in anything else that might delay it further. And as I plan on getting my toosh home to be pampered by Mom for the holidays, I would rather skip the "getting skinned" part. :mf_prop:

Expect it for Pub 57 though.

D

DHMagicMan_1

That's fair enough... seeing as it was only suggested during the days while 56 was going to TC "any day now"... :)

But there's still a chance that 57 will make it out in time for the holidays too... so maybe we'll have a happy XMass with lots of plants growing quickly!

Thanks for agreeing to work on this for us!