• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Safe Taming

D

DVDA

I have 107.0 taming (gained taming from 100.0 to 107.0 from .1 daily gain)

I would like to spend the next few month working taming to get it from 107.0 to 120.0 but I was wondering are there any locations where I can tame that I dont have to worry about being attacked by mobs or the creature I am taming?

As per the guide I should be taming:

Hellhound, bake kitsune, predator hellcat, ridgeback
Dragon, swamp dragon, dire wolf, imp, nightmare, unicorn, ki-rin, ridgeback, white wyrm, rune beetle, bake kitsune, cu sidhe, hiryu

Mostly all those creatures will attack me on sight, but the few that wont I cant think of any safe spots with nice spawn

Any suggestions?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Cus are non-aggressive, save for the one you're taming (if you anger them). That's a good place.

Also, ridgebacks in Ilsh north of Castle Blackthorn are non-aggressive.

D

DVDA

I cant tame Cu I am not an Elf and I refuse to become one...I am a human being why should I have to conform to EA's standards!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You're welcome. o_O

D

DVDA

Lol thanks for the ridgebacks idea, I am going to go check it meow

D

DVDA

Actually where is Castle Blackthorn in Ish? lol...near the swamp?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
1) Moongate to Ilsh Compassion
2) Run west, until you hit a mountain with a tunnel. Go through the tunnel.
3) When you leave the tunnel, you'll see Castle Blackthorn due west. Run northwest and you'll start to see ridgebacks (as well as dire wolves, but they're easily dealt with)

D

DVDA

Hmm, you cant run west once you get to Compassion, you can run NE then West, through this crazy area with liches, dread spiders & grazers

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To add to Syrus of Gahd's suggestion, just take something that can kill the Savages/Dire Wolves.

Did you pick up a Pads of the Cu Sidhe? They enable you to own/ride/control a Cu Sidhe.

If not do you have a Dread War Horse?

If not then take a NightMare/Kiren/Unicorn.

It isn't often and they can be avoided (not so much the Dire Wolves).

I think it is south east along the Mountains, South through a pass to the Dirt Road, then South West-West to the Village/Settlement.

There is an entrance there and you go through it hang a right and the RidgeBacks are there.

I always just took a Killer to kill the RidgeBacks and any Mob that came within range. You might encounter a couple of Ratmen between the Gate and the Village/Settlement.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Here's my crude attempt at a map, showing you the way from Ilsh Compassion to the appropriate area.

D

DVDA

I found it, its not entirely safe (atleast not the safe I was looking for) but it will do until I can find something better

To Enigma, I can ride Cu with pads but I cant tame unless I am an elf

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another method for safe taming is Ki-Rins/Unicorns (depending on your tamer's gender, of course - and assuming a non-evil character). The required taming is higher than on a ridgeback, so you fail a bit more, but you're also closer in that "sweet spot" of percentages. I have a rune for the northeast area of Grimswind (sp?) in Malas where one Ki-Rin and one Unicorn spawn.
Tame, mount, recall to zoo, donate, recall back to Grimswind. By the time you do this, another magical horse has spawned. The area is small, so finding the next tame is easy. Plus, you get the zoo donation points.

A gore fiend or rat spawn on occasion, but most times the ki-rin/unicorn attack them, saving you a fight anyway.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put on savage paint and work the larger ridgeback spawn rather than the one inside the camp with buildings. If you tame and release the dire wolves they usually don't attack you again and you've got a nice steady supply of ridgebacks there. I don't bother with the paint, but it's handy if you don't want to deal with any passing savages :)

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found it, its not entirely safe (atleast not the safe I was looking for) but it will do until I can find something better

To Enigma, I can ride Cu with pads but I cant tame unless I am an elf
*Shrug* Get some one to Tame you a Cu. I would not look for a great one or a wonderful color etc. Even the worst Cu in the world can handle that area your taming in. I assume it is the ponds on the east side.

What shard are you on, there may even be someone here willing to get you a Cu.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Cus are easy to come by. Let me know if you're on Atlantic.

D

DVDA

I have a fully train Bronze Cu but you cant handle it while training taming cause it takes up all the follower spots

I miss the days of hunting with 10 tamed dragons lol

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Cus only take up four slots. You'd still have one slot to tame the ridgback.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Fortunately, no. Ridgebacks take one slot.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're after a taming companion pet, I'd actually recommend a nightmare rather than a cu. That would leave you with another couple of empty slots so you don't need to wait until a ridgeback is dead before you start taming the next :)

Wenchy