• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sad news :(

G

I hope I'm not going to annoy anyone by copying this from another forum.

Kiminality found this, and posted a link in the babble, I felt it should reach a wider audience than the babblers.

<blockquote><hr>

I'd long hoped that I would never have to write this post.

Most of you will have varying levels of familiarity with Chris Turner, known to most as Laton or Choma.

For just over a year, Chris has been struggling to beat a rare form of Lymphoma, which has taken him through seemingly endless bouts of chemotherapy, countless drugs and more recently a stem cell transplant.

Just before Christmas, the doctors discovered that the Lymphoma had returned and that there would be nothing more that they could do for him.

Its my sad duty to tell you all that Chris passed away peacefully in his sleep in the early hours of saturday morning (19th January).

He will be very sorely missed by many of us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Posted by Bustywench:
http://www.f4g.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6498.

Busty, if you read this I hope you won't mind that I posted it here. Several of us, most especially Barian, have many memories of hunting with Laton in Sosaria.

G

If anyone wants to follow the link and post on that thread, Busty is going to print it out and take it to Chris's family. Thanks for posting it, Petra.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear this. I know he was a very well respected boardie here, and a guildmate to a lot of you, my condolences to you all, and of course his family.

I don't really know what to say :x

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg........................

For a long time my best friend in UO

Barian, Laton &amp; Moulie spent many happy hours together

I

imported_Aston

Shocked, and speechless.
I remember Laton from back when I used to play UO and he was always a good fellow.
He will be missed by many people.

My condolences to all concerned; may he have gone to a better place.

I

imported_Aston

Also, my f4g.net account seems to have vanished and I'm having problems with the image verification in order to re-register.
Hence, if someone could copy my post above to the appropriate thread - I would be most grateful.
Thanks.

G

That's some unexpected and very sad news

I never met Laton in RL but knew him from the boards and a couple of times hunting/playing together in game.
My thoughts and condolences go out to his family.

Y

Yewish News

I'm banned from F4G but I'd like to share my condolence nonetheless. I remember Laton as a boardie back in ye days of olde, but we also met IC quite a few times as he dwelled nearby. I suppose the only positive thing is that he had enough time to say farewell to the people that mattered.

G

I totally echo the words of Nilrem.. I rememeber Laton from way back and he was a very much apart of the Europa community, ingame as well as a boardie.

Very very sad news indeed

My thoughts and condolences go out to his friends and family.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*takes off hat and bows head*

I too remember Laton from the days of olde, but I didn't get to know him on a personal level. Sincere condolances to friends and family for this loss...

M

Madcat

I didn't really know Laton, but do remember the name.

Sad news indeed for his friends and family.

G

i knew laton very well. not really been in touch last few years but we had some excellent times in UO also met up a few times at meets and had beers. im sad to read this.

G

Sad news indeed through all the drama of the roleplay comunity Laton/Choma was a voice of reason and a great roleplayer i'm honnered to have known him. he will definetly be missed.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only met Laton ingame, and never (knowingly) IRL.

I have no idea what my F4G password is anymore, so I would very much like someone to add my heartfelt condolences in the appropriate place.

Thank you.

Fluffi.

W

Wench

<blockquote><hr>

Busty, if you read this I hope you won't mind that I posted it here. Several of us, most especially Barian, have many memories of hunting with Laton in Sosaria.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I don't mind, P...*hugs*

(Been so long since I've been here that I can't even begin to remember the old password and no longer have the email account *winks*)

G

I've been copying and pasting all the messages from here, so that they can be given to Chris's family all together.

G

Aw, what sad news!

He was a nice guy, the only player I ever met who actually looked EXACTLY like his paper doll! Which ensures that I, for one, won't forget him!

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laton always came across as a top chap from the old days back on the boards (plus the odd time I met him).

Sorry to hear the bad news !