• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Sad News - Passing of TOBY DeBaird

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Baja lost one of its gentle souls this weekend. Our dear TOBY, died Saturday night at home. Kind-hearted, caring, loving, smart and a gentleman always. TOBY loved Baja and UO. He was a crafter, an avid fisher and a gardener and also was quite a decorator and did things in his own unusual way. His home on Dagger Isle offers a glimpse of the shard as he saw it, vignettes of time and place that had meaning to him. The house will remain open if you wish to tour it. If you do please be sure to read the many books that he wrote. There are some that will bring a tear to your eye and others that will make you smile and laugh.

During these past many months of his illness he spent his time gaming with his grandsons. He said that he always lost but he was just glad to be with them.

My understanding is there will be a celebration of his life at the family’s home in Kentucky. There should be more info coming during the next few days. I’ll post it as soon as I can get it.

Rest in peace friend. My heart hurts.

TOBY DeBaird.jpg

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
He was also a author of in-game books. I will find them and put them on display on the first floor of the Dawn Malas Outpost.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you go to his house on NE Ice Island, on the bottom floor there are bookshelves of his books. They are set to public.