• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saber-Toothed Tiger

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sabre-Toothed Tiger - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

Another Eodon pet. 2 => 5 slot.

Another 100% physical damage pet.

Find them outside the Kurak Village, mixed in with tigers. They are also on the road to Kotl City.

They do not attack you until you try to hit or pet them.

They start like this:

upload_2017-6-29_20-45-28.png

Most Stats cut in half when Tamed. The Int does not cut so it has high int.

They have these abilities. Slashing!

Healing can also be obtained. Se another thread.

upload_2017-6-29_20-48-25.png

You get to advance these categories:

upload_2017-6-29_20-50-11.png

The special abilities are: You can choose one or modify the menu. Keep reading.

upload_2017-6-29_20-51-16.png

The magical Abilities are:

upload_2017-6-29_20-52-30.png

If you choose Piercing, Bashing or Wrestling Mastery you will lose the Slashing mastery!
You can increase the Wrestling to 100 and Battle Defense will appear.

Choose piercing and you make a Saber-Toothed Lion.

If you choose poisoning you will lose Slashing: Armor Ignore, Nerve Strike, and Disarm
But that will open the Area Effects menu and you can also add a special ability.

I have 1501 Points left on this one:

upload_2017-6-29_20-58-48.png

Because the Intelligence is high, you may not get 700 Strength. I cant.

All I added were stats and maxxed resists. Strength can't be 700 and you have room for scrolls, regens and more stats.

They start with high cold resist so you can only get 3 others to 80.

They are also a good pet.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What also is sweet is the fact that you can add HEALING on these and train it to GM an over? As mentioned there is an entire thread devoted to this elsewhere. Not sure how effective it is or whether is a manna siphon, like it is with the Cusidhes. If you have any questions ab healing skill in these let us know..

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Anyone know if this would this work on a Sabre? Take poison, poison breath, armor ignore, grasping claw.

Seems like that would be a nice setup. Would poison the hell out of anything that can be poisoned, and AI/grasping claw for some nice damage output. My Sabre just got to 4 slot and I was planning on just sticking with slashing, but so far I'm not really impressed with it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would turn it into a poison/AI Hiryu with healing. Make it and see how you like it.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I wanted to make sure it's possible before I do it. I'm not used to choosing the magic first. I thought about doing it with a hiryu-advantage rideable, but no healing. Plus I hate the look of hiryu's, but like the Sabre.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you take poison, you lose AI, but should be able to take poison breath and AI again, or

Take poison and poison breath and grasping claw, then replace slashing back on to it to get its stuff. I was able to do this with a blue beetle

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go tame some on TC. The healing does not change anything. From my long ago description, it sounds like you get 2 abilities if you add poison first.

I have the Hiryu version:

upload_2018-11-26_17-47-47.png

It kills stuff.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you take poison, you lose AI, but should be able to take poison breath and AI again, or

Take poison and poison breath and grasping claw, then replace slashing back on to it to get its stuff. I was able to do this with a blue beetle
This works. You cannot get only Poison Breath, AI, Grasping Claw, but by abusing the Magical Ability order, you can do Poisoning > Poison Breath > Grasping Claw > Slashing/Piercing. You won't have Poisoning as a magic anymore, and you will have extra abilities using mana (Disarm/Nerve Strike, or Bleed/Paralyze, depending which combat magical you take). Healing doesn't eat up a slot, so make sure you get your Sabre-Tooth Tiger to commit healing first as well.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My beetle used way to much mana doing this. As a warning. Out of mana way to fast.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Got my Sabre to 5 slots last night (I made sure he had healing after original tame). Decided on Poison->Armor Ignore->Grasping Claw. I decided not to take poison breath because his other moves are all single target and I didn't want 1 AoE that would make him switch targets. I considered putting slashing back on, but figured it would be overwhelming him with abilities. He goes through mana pretty fast, but at least he's only using the best abilities and his damage output seems pretty good. Not sure if I'll keep him or not; need to skill him up to see his true potential.

Off topic: I have a new Ram bonding tonight that has near perfect starting stats. I plan to put armor ignore and necro on him. I had necro on a tsuki wolf and wasn't really impressed, but I want 1 pet that has necro. I wish they could use animate dead and vampire form. Someone posted a year or so ago that his necro pet used the necro mastery: Command Undead; I never experienced that with my Tsuki wolf, but he had low necro skill and I rarely went hunting with him at all, let alone around undead mobs. Trying it with a Ram because they get a little more TP than Tsuki wolf and I'd rather have life leach than rage, hoping he has room for scrolls, at least the important ones. It's a shame these aren't rideable.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Necro mage gives the necro mastery, not command undead, but the other one

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Think so. The one that puts 4 candles on the ground and boosts damage

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My nightmare necromage was using Conduit right after training with skill 20/20

Got my Sabre to 5 slots last night (I made sure he had healing after original tame). Decided on Poison->Armor Ignore->Grasping Claw. I decided not to take poison breath because his other moves are all single target and I didn't want 1 AoE that would make him switch targets. I considered putting slashing back on, but figured it would be overwhelming him with abilities. He goes through mana pretty fast, but at least he's only using the best abilities and his damage output seems pretty good. Not sure if I'll keep him or not; need to skill him up to see his true potential.

Off topic: I have a new Ram bonding tonight that has near perfect starting stats. I plan to put armor ignore and necro on him. I had necro on a tsuki wolf and wasn't really impressed, but I want 1 pet that has necro. I wish they could use animate dead and vampire form. Someone posted a year or so ago that his necro pet used the necro mastery: Command Undead; I never experienced that with my Tsuki wolf, but he had low necro skill and I rarely went hunting with him at all, let alone around undead mobs. Trying it with a Ram because they get a little more TP than Tsuki wolf and I'd rather have life leach than rage, hoping he has room for scrolls, at least the important ones. It's a shame these aren't rideable.
Just dont waste necro on Ossein.. he will run out of mana super fast thanks to life leech. Im just finishing mine with AI + Chivalry and with Consume damage he can survive a lot!!

AI for 200+ is healing him for around 70 dmg.. i just ignored hp regen and add just 500 hp (everything else maxed and i still have room for full 120 scrolling)
Without Consume Damage he can kill greater dragon withou getting under 3/4 hp thanks to the life leech. (Ive tried it with 116 wrest, 80 tact, 100 parry, 100 anatomy)
I even tried to kill Meli with him and while having consume damage he almost never struggled.. after getting all scrolls i think he will kill her without any problem or healing so far..

Anyway if you decide to go necro dont forget to write your impression of that build.. :)

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I already have a bunch of pets running AI/Chiv (cu, reptalon, pp nightmare, pp WW, fire drake, cold drake, poison drake, energy drake).

I want something different this time. By the way, if anyone has tried an unusual build on any pet and found it worked pretty good, please let me know about it. I'm in a mood to try something unusual with pet training.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got my Sabre to 5 slots last night (I made sure he had healing after original tame). Decided on Poison->Armor Ignore->Grasping Claw.
So if you choose poison, they can get 2 choices? Show the Lore and Knowledge page pls. Since this is the thread for them.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sabretooth come with Slashing (which adds Disarm, Armor Ignore, Nerve Strike)
Remove Slashing for poisoning you lose Disarm, Armor Ignore and Nerve Strike.
Poisoning eats 1 of the three trainable abilities.
You then get to choose two remaining aoe, moves, abilities.

If you add on a special move as one of the two remaining abilities, you do not get the option to put back on Slashing/Piercing/etc.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Try doing poison, aura of nausea(-60 ss, def chance hit chance) then replacing it with slashing. Or keep poison and add AI. aura of nausea is 100 mana, but i love it on my beetle with RC... trying to get disco on one to lol, but dont think its possible

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unusual? Ive tried WhiteWyrm (prepatched 750 str) with AI Chiv, FWW and the damage is more then awesome!! But i cant stop feeling that this WW is way more squishier then my not finished ai chiv Ossein Ram or disco cu..
I still do most bosses and end game monsters with my all 120 pure white disco Cu.. for me he is the most universal pet..

Btw im still waiting for some interesting build for my prepatched 2 slot 4*+ bake kitsuno with 90 fire resist .. im just too scared and confused about training this awesome ******* :))

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Good thing I chose not to put poison breath on mine or I wouldn't have been able to put grasping claw on him like I planned.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya you can only choose 2.
Go tame more.

Basically this what what you can do after adding poison.

1. An area and an ability or move
2. A special ability and a special move
3. Two Special Moves

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ya you can only choose 2.
Go tame more.

Basically this what what you can do after adding poison.

3. Two Special Moves
Not true, see posts above. I feel like several people ignored the actual tested answers given above in the thread. You can take advantage of the way combat magics apply, and as long as you don't train any special moves on the pet, you can re-add a combat magical to load up those abilities that come with it (Slashing/Bashing/Piercing/Wrestling Mastery/Battle Defense):

If unfamiliar with the EC, white abilities are active, Red is trained at some point. So the only inactive ability would be Poisoning.

The training order of the above screenshot was:
  1. Poisoning
  2. Poison Breath
  3. Grasping Claw
  4. Slashing (which then gives Armor Ignore, Disarm, Nerve Strike)
I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because they will have so many abilities at their disposal that ability selection and proper mana usage will be diminished.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok Ill try again.

After adding poison.

You can go one of two routes:
A. Any one of the 3
3. Two Special Moves

B. In order:
1. Choose an area ability
2. Choose a special ability
3. Choose an available magic ability which over rides poison
but gives the moves from that mastery.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think so. The one that puts 4 candles on the ground and boosts damage
Necro and Necromage pets will cast Conduit. Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly for them, and doesn't chain their single target casts to all enemies within the candle radius, so it ends up being a big waste of Mana.

I already have a bunch of pets running AI/Chiv (cu, reptalon, pp nightmare, pp WW, fire drake, cold drake, poison drake, energy drake).

I want something different this time. By the way, if anyone has tried an unusual build on any pet and found it worked pretty good, please let me know about it. I'm in a mood to try something unusual with pet training.
Chiv+AI synergizes extremely well with an Ossein Ram's Life Leech however. Necro is pretty lackluster for the most part. I have a Necromage+Poison Breath Dread Spider that i used for AoEing down spawns (until i discovered the FWW+Poison Breath Najasaurus). It has GM Necro/SS, and it wastes a lot of mana on Conduit, and the Necro spells themselves don't do a whole lot of damage.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Necro and Necromage pets will cast Conduit. Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly for them, and doesn't chain their single target casts to all enemies within the candle radius, so it ends up being a big waste of Mana.

Chiv+AI synergizes extremely well with an Ossein Ram's Life Leech however. Necro is pretty lackluster for the most part. I have a Necromage+Poison Breath Dread Spider that i used for AoEing down spawns (until i discovered the FWW+Poison Breath Najasaurus). It has GM Necro/SS, and it wastes a lot of mana on Conduit, and the Necro spells themselves don't do a whole lot of damage.
Exactly how does life leech work? Is it constantly on and every time pet hits it costs 5 mana? Or is it something that is occasionally used like other abilities? The UO website makes it sound like it leeches life on incoming damage not the damage the pet does. I've used the necro mastery: command undead to get bone dragons and they're supposed to get life leech; in my experience it doesn't help at all-is life leech even working right now or it is broken?

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly how does life leech work? Is it constantly on and every time pet hits it costs 5 mana? Or is it something that is occasionally used like other abilities? The UO website makes it sound like it leeches life on incoming damage not the damage the pet does. I've used the necro mastery: command undead to get bone dragons and they're supposed to get life leech; in my experience it doesn't help at all-is life leech even working right now or it is broken?
Life Leech heals the pet for around 40% of the melee damage they dish out, and yes, it's almost always on (i've seen it not trigger only a couple times). The Life Leech amount granted to undead via Command Undead is based on your real Necro/SS skills. My Necro/Mage/Mystic has GM Necro and 120 SS, and his Command Undead grants a pretty hefty Life Leech, which pairs very well with a Skeletal Dragon's high damage melee.

So when you take the high damage potential of Chiv+AI, and pair it with Life Leech, the pet not only deals high damage, but is also tanky through leeching health back.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Life Leech heals the pet for around 40% of the melee damage they dish out, and yes, it's almost always on (i've seen it not trigger only a couple times). The Life Leech amount granted to undead via Command Undead is based on your real Necro/SS skills. My Necro/Mage/Mystic has GM Necro and 120 SS, and his Command Undead grants a pretty hefty Life Leech, which pairs very well with a Skeletal Dragon's high damage melee.

So when you take the high damage potential of Chiv+AI, and pair it with Life Leech, the pet not only deals high damage, but is also tanky through leeching health back.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to test it out some more. What does the graphic for life leech look like in EC?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

This is awesome info! How much mana to put on the Ram? Also we should petition to the Devs to make them rideable. They look really nice!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does the graphic for life leech look like in EC?
I've never noticed any graphic for Life Leech on a pet. My Ossian Ram just regains Health when he lands hits.

This is awesome info! How much mana to put on the Ram? Also we should petition to the Devs to make them rideable. They look really nice!
I focus more on getting 700 STR/150 DEX/370 INT, than on Mana. Afterall, max Mana only matters a short while during the initial burst of a fight. Once the pet mana dumps, all that matters at that point is how fast they can regen it back.