• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA champ spawn secrets?

D

Drawde2

I haven't participated much in the new champ spawns, but what are some of the things that have been discovered about them? The Primeval Lich spawn has the lever puzzle and the deco spawns, but what else has been found?

Like for the lich spawn, when the named graves spawn, so do some "restless bones of X", which only last for ten or so minutes. If you use the bones, you get a target cursor. If you target the grave with the same name as the bones, the spirit of that person thanks you for freeing it and gives you a reward. I think I'd gotten 2k or so gold once, but the other times I got s "soul gem" (I think it was). When used, you got a target. The gem got used up and sent a spell effect that slowly moved towards whatever mob was targeted. It then did some damage. I wasn't able to experiment much, but was wondering what they were for specifically?

What else have others discovered so far?

Cheever

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would you happen to know what the lever puzzle is? i mean, the order of how to switch the levers? and how do you get to pick up the items around?

D

Drawde2

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=160193 for the lever puzzle.

As for the item spawns, I believe that every time the spawn advances to a certain point, theres a chance that one of the items on the map that can be interacted with (shows up with control-shift) spawns a duplicate that can be picked up. Also, when you advance the spawn enough, new items appear, like the graves I mentioned. I believe that only a single tile is duplicated, though I could be wrong.

I believe that one of the possible rewards for the lever puzzle is one of the items above. The lever puzzle can only be done once per spawn, and chances are whoever's controlling the spawn itself will end up doing the levers immediately after they kill the lich. I saw the results once. A hidden character working the puzzle, with several friends, all red, hidden around watching for levers moving when they shouldn't. It's impossible to work the levers with someone else trying, since the puzzle doesn't care who flips a lever. So the reds make sure their friend works in peace.

I managed to get a large stone spike that got missed once though :)

D

Drawde2

Looks like there's more rewards for reburying the restless bones. I got a blessing from one of the freed souls, resistance to mortal and bleed attacks.

D

Drawde2

It's rather difficult on my shard. I think the PKs have bots watching the area 24/7 :p

I did watch the spawn to the end this time. There's a prisoner that spawns near the end, with some executioner's items as deco. The prisoner can be released, and he attacks the spawn. Does rather well for a basically unequipped human, lasting some time before the swarm got him.

Didn't get to test out the soul gems though. Got revealed and PKed.