• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runic Reforging On A Comp Bow

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Howdy!
Has anyone had any luck with reforging any damage increase above the 40 that comes with the bow? According to the U O Guide Runic Reforging chart, there is a possibility of getting
damage increase of up to 70% if the "vicious/of slaughter" option is used. However, after many attempts and using different types of runic kits, it seems that the only property left unchanged
is the damage increase. Is this a glitch, or is the damage increase not affected by reforging?
Thank you for any input you may have on this matter.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It has been a while since I reforged a bow but I know I've had them go up to at least 50% (and I didn't want it to). Make sure you are using the right runic (I think you need to use Ash at least) and using the powerful reforging option.

Also you can always enhanced (after it's all reforged/imbued) with frostwood to get an additional 12% Damage Increase (will need to use a charge from the forged metal tool).

Hope this helps.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just remembered. i tried both the ash and oak kits several times and while the other mods change, the damage increase always stays at 40. None of the bows I came up with had any change to the damage increase. Just wondering if it's broken. I did use many ash and oak kits. It won't work with yew or heartwood.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd probably jump on TC1 to test this if you still need to know. If you reforge 50+ bows you will probably get a pretty good idea (plus you don't burn your own resources).

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the reply! I went to the test center and found out the only way I could make a 70% damage increase composite bow, was to use a "non-exceptional" composite bow. I've been using only the exceptional composites. Kind of a small dissapointment because using the non-exceptional bows, leaves less weight for imbuing.