• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runic Patch..

M

Medicx2x

did uhh.. it even happen? said on UO.com that it was going to be at server ups today yet no patch was made.. anyone got word?

I

imported_dukarlo

Yeah, this is just what UO needed , more uber dexer weapons

S

switchridex

it was a PUBLISH not a patch...effects are in the game already

J

Jobe FTW

I wish they would add "balance" to weapons other than bows.

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that, I would like nothing more than a balanced Halberd on my Bush/Parry mage.

D

DougAlmighty13

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen again, but I wish they'd upgrade the enhancing properties of ore on weapons and armor to match that of wood enhancing. i.e. Enhance a weapon with agapite would give you SSI 10, so on and so forth. As it stands now, it's not worth anything to enhance metal equipment.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen again, but I wish they'd upgrade the enhancing properties of ore on weapons and armor to match that of wood enhancing. i.e. Enhance a weapon with agapite would give you SSI 10, so on and so forth. As it stands now, it's not worth anything to enhance metal equipment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dull Copper is worthwhile, can get so you have a 0% chance to fail and its great for heavy equip like hallies

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ironically, adding "Balanced" to melee weapons would be extremely UN-balanced.

I

imported_dukarlo

Adding balanced swords/fencing/mace weaps would just make things worse.

I

imported_Insta

<blockquote><hr>

Adding balanced swords/fencing/mace weaps would just make things worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, but when they do this, the mages will be the only template out of balance (but not for the good), they will so far under powered I might even break out the gimplates and start beating the click and chasers at thier own game.

G

I think balanced bows are stupid, let alone any other weapons. Lets see, I'm pulling my bow back to shoot and chugging a pot. Right.

I

imported_FireCrazy

You have to practice holding it in your mouth then tilt head back and chug at right moment, being careful not to fall off horse.

I used a few bronze runic hammers yesterday, and I made weps using bronze ingots rather than valorite or verite and the weps seemed much better. For instance I made a Leafblade with 30 SSI 50 Lightining, and 40 DI also has 20 HLD on it. When I used valorite, I failed more often and the weps weren't that good.

G

Balanced bows are stupid...but they are part of the game and I dont see OSI changing it..so why keep complaining?
100%LRC is part of the game (however I have seen devs talking about changing that). I cant believe mages complain about being underpowered when they dont even have to carry reagents anymore...try playing during UO:R or earlier...
Dexxers have to carry bandages, key element to their survival (for the most part). Why dont we get 100% LBC? lol..I know it's crazy and I'd have to start playing a fisherman if they did that.

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

Balanced bows are stupid...but they are part of the game and I dont see OSI changing it..so why keep complaining?
100%LRC is part of the game (however I have seen devs talking about changing that). I cant believe mages complain about being underpowered when they dont even have to carry reagents anymore...try playing during UO:R or earlier...
Dexxers have to carry bandages, key element to their survival (for the most part). Why dont we get 100% LBC? lol..I know it's crazy and I'd have to start playing a fisherman if they did that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dexers have 4/6 chiv casting... stop complaining. Are you one of those 0 resist dexers that I run into around every corner?

G

<blockquote><hr>

You have to practice holding it in your mouth then tilt head back and chug at right moment

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take your word for it Deke, lmfao.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not complaining, just an observation. And I agree on LRC, I've thought that for some time, but neither change will happen.

I

imported_Dark Nova

Dexers have to stop crying, they get the majorly over powered 4/6 chiv healing, and if you die who cares? That is why they have blessed talismans of clean bandaid summoning. Mages couldnt carry 1 for every kind of reg just to get 10 of each. Not to mention the weight difference, you can carry 50 piles of aids with only about 20 in them and still be underweight, if a mage trys that with regs do the math out. each kind of reg x 100 x possible necro regs to add another 5 types.

Both templates can carry pots which get kind of heavy. If a mage gets looted and loses his regs they are worthless, a dexer who loses their aids can still have a crosshealer and fight until they loot more. Not to mention chiv, bushido and crossheals.

100% lrc works for dexers too guys, tithing points for the 4/6 spammer and regs for the necro dexers. Regs are good for the sdi bonus, thats their point now so if u want the 10% sdi without scribe then use regs its that simple.

I

imported_FireCrazy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You have to practice holding it in your mouth then tilt head back and chug at right moment

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take your word for it Deke, lmfao.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don forget I have the power to change your guild title smart ass lol

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

100% lrc works for dexers too guys, tithing points for the 4/6 spammer and regs for the necro dexers. Regs are good for the sdi bonus, thats their point now so if u want the 10% sdi without scribe then use regs its that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

This went into effect? If you have scribe + regs is it 20 SDI?

I

imported_Insta

<blockquote><hr>

I cant believe mages complain about being underpowered when they dont even have to carry reagents anymore.. Dexxers have to carry bandages, key element to their survival (for the most part). Why dont we get 100% LBC? lol..

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont they make a tailsman for that? Yeah thought so. K your point is mute.

I

imported_FireCrazy

I know there is a mage slayer wep and talisman, does this work in PVP? I never seen a dexxer slayer spell book! How cool would that be?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I cant believe mages complain about being underpowered when they dont even have to carry reagents anymore.. Dexxers have to carry bandages, key element to their survival (for the most part). Why dont we get 100% LBC? lol..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the talisman will only summon 10 bandages for a period of time. Once you use it once and die you're done for quite awhile without running off to resupply. Regardless, a mage can hop back in battle in no time. If Reg weight is an issue, osi should make them weigh little to nothing. That'd be awesome killing a mage and getting 2k each reg and it not weighing anything, lol.

I

imported_Insta

<blockquote><hr>

Except the talisman will only summon 10 bandages for a period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well H.E.double hockey sticks!!!! carry a few of them, it's not like you need the room in you pack for anything, Potions are stackable now so it's not like you run out of room to stock up shop with a few tailsmans.

I agree that the LRC is a bit lame, and actually i do believe that you should have at least one of each of the regs in your pack before LRC works, that way your LRC has something to build off of, but your click and chase / click and run templates are so easy to play even a Wojoe could do it.

B

BlackBetty

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the talisman will only summon 10 bandages for a period of time. Once you use it once and die you're done for quite awhile without running off to resupply. Regardless, a mage can hop back in battle in no time. If Reg weight is an issue, osi should make them weigh little to nothing. That'd be awesome killing a mage and getting 2k each reg and it not weighing anything, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was mighty nice of the dev team to make quivers for the archers so they can jump right back into battle. Maybe they will make a blessable/insurable bag for mages and their regs and reduce their weight as well. Gawd.

With the talisman, it still makes it possible to pull bandages from your rear or out of thin air to cover things for a short bit, and who's to say that a person wouldn't have more than one on them? Stackable potions still geeks me out along with the quivers!!!!!!

G

Insta, I'd love to see you play my template as well as I do..especially in a gank. Though it is possible, I've yet to meet someone who can do it. There are good DEXXERS, but Im referring to my exact template.

I

imported_The_Dude_

You run a dp dexer with some ninja for animal form how hard could that be? I think there was already one of them. Lex i believe...

Or does your template involve more. From what ive seen its dp dp ai animal form when dismounted....

I

imported_herc

<blockquote><hr>

You run a dp dexer with some ninja for animal form how hard could that be? I think there was already one of them. Lex i believe...

Or does your template involve more. From what ive seen its dp dp ai animal form when dismounted....

[/ QUOTE ]

he won't share his stats anyway to replicate it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm...considering all the weapons I carry, and the specials those entail. Timing heals, cures, heal pots, reapplying dp, knowing bleed count and understanding your opponents heal timers..the list can go on for how difficult it can be to play a smart, good dexxer.
Have I got all of that down? Probably not, but I'm working towards it.

I

imported_Insta

<blockquote><hr>

Hm...considering all the weapons I carry, and the specials those entail. Timing heals, cures, heal pots, reapplying dp, knowing bleed count and understanding your opponents heal timers..the list can go on for how difficult it can be to play a smart, good dexxer.
Have I got all of that down? Probably not, but I'm working towards it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now take all of that into effect, and try to defend it without being able to heal on the run. [welcome to my world]

I got my dexxer out just the other day to see what it was all about, No I didnt fight a ton of players I think the most at one time was 4 or so. I killed several people most likely around 7-9 before I ran into the 4 at the same time, and I fell short to the evil omen para. Yeah, I have resist on my dexxer so I forgot to carry one of the lame boxes. None the less, I killed more people with more ease than it would have been on my mage. The best part about it was, I only used one wepon, and it was made long before this "runic patch" that makes click and chase even more easy.

I

imported_The_Dude_

Holy crap u act like its hard to know when to dp bleed etc. Heals and timing [censored] please. Theres a counter in uoassist. Chug a cure before ur timer hits whatever your heal speed is at. Its extremely hard stuff rofl.

Reapplying dp omg you cant be serious. I have a dp dexer it takes a push of a button....Set a uoassist macro. OMG im out of dp oh wait let me hit this button to reapply damn im so leet.

As for carrying different weapons wtf does that mean? I carry bow, xbow, heavy, repeater, comp, and magical i must be super good. On my dper i carry butcher, spike, kryss, cleaver, bardiche and harvester again wow thats alot must mean im good.

I

imported_SUNCHICKEN

<blockquote><hr>

Insta, I'd love to see you play my template as well as I do..especially in a gank. Though it is possible, I've yet to meet someone who can do it. There are good DEXXERS, but Im referring to my exact template. <blockquote><hr>

HAHAHAHAHAROFLMAHEHEHEHEAHAHAHAH
EVERYONE here at my work place said thank you because i just shot sweet tea out my nose all over everything

F

Floyd the Barber

Kind of the pot calling the kettle black don't you think?

I mean coming from a guy that plays a "push button &amp; chase" archer..... *scratches head*
You would make more sense if you just zip your lip and go run around Yew gate like the little girl you are.

BTW, I thought BC was a red mage guild, so if that's the case why are you always running on an archer then anyway?

I

Itari BC

<blockquote><hr>

BTW, I thought BC was a red mage guild, so if that's the case why are you always running on an archer then anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the time we have an archer to dismount the runners. As you and XV found out last night, it hurts when you are on foot :/...Garret, hydro, and I play our archers well. That must be why XV is convinced that I use some sort of script to dismount people haha.

F

Floyd the Barber

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the time we have an archer to dismount the runners. As you and XV found out last night, it hurts when you are on foot :/...Garret, hydro, and I play our archers well. That must be why XV is convinced that I use some sort of script to dismount people haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha, It's just funny hearing someone bad mouth and play down dexxers when they don't usually even play a mage. I have no problem with someone that actually plays one talking smack, it's all good.

As far as playing a dexxer being easier, I'll agree 100%. However, you try running against a zerg such as your own or any other with a two man guild and see how far you get. Let's just say........it levels the playing field a bit.

Oh, and please don't include FHP and XV together in the same sentence, we aren't merging, we aren't allying, they simply would just rather kill BC then fight us. We fight anyone and everyone and have no need to merge or ally anyone else.

*throws ninjitsu back onto template*

F

Floyd the Barber

<blockquote><hr>

Ahhh the famous Grifter dismount hack...I needed to lol on this one...Floyd actually accused Grifter of a dismount hack when I was actually the one who bola'd him. You might want to consider that there is more than 1 mage in BC who uses bolas regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I am fully aware that more than one mage in BC carries bolas (some have my name on them I think), and I will leave Grifter's little dismount pet, all follow me, target next, throw bola, all in 1.5 seconds whatever he does out of this....

I

imported_Lightning

<blockquote><hr>

Ahhh the famous Grifter dismount hack...I needed to lol on this one...Floyd actually accused Grifter of a dismount hack when I was actually the one who bola'd him. You might want to consider that there is more than 1 mage in BC who uses bolas regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, which is when I usually say "move on" and the conversation changes haha. I will say though... I have a pretty fast connection, a pretty dang good computer, and can't accomplish doing it even close to as fast as Nails. Having said that, 1v1 he's still a beast to kill - so who cares what he uses.. Like i said - everyone cheats. *laughs* So, even if he does cheat - he's just a lemming following the others into the sea! (Ignore that analogy... I'm on alot of dayquil and not feeling very creative haha)