• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runic hammer help

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry not a newby here but went to show my brother what we could make with a val hammer today and when I double clicked it I did not get the smithy menu, it asked me "target item to reforge" , am I missing something here? I used to craft with runic hammers years ago, right.

Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It means that you're standing closer to a soulforge than to a regular forge & anvil.

You really need to have your Soulforge separated from your regular crafting area (especially your smithing area, but also storage for all raw materials, as you tend to stand near those when crafting with other runics) by several steps, to keep the runics from defaulting to soulforge.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Geez thanks guys, but I like my setup dammit.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think all you really need to do is move either the Soulforge, or the anvil, a couple squares one way or another - or maybe just leaving them where they are, and walk around to where you get the Smith menu instead of reforging, may work.

If you have a smithing press addon (the vet reward tool that is fueled by regular tools), you could even use it as a spacer between the soulforge and forge, and have an anvil on the opposite side from the soulforge. Or you can stick a BOD reward anvil elsewhere in the room as deco, but use it for runic crafting with your fire beetle standing next to it.

Where you can have the biggest issue, is if you have the Soulforge on a different floor, directly above or below the regular anvil.