• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Runic changes a few years ago?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read in Uhall that runics can get a "boost" after gold runic levels.. (the 60 ASH gave out a verite and val runic instead)

Anyone have more info on this? Or better yet, an updated chart of runic rewards vs tower of roses?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tower is still acurate their is just a chance to get a bonus

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do the Ash to runics convert? if there is a chance for something else, maybe a +60 ash should ready something like 70% ash, 20% verite, 10% val -- or whatever the numbers are?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found this: http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/in-game-systems/bulk-order-deeds

High End BOD Bonus: In 2008, an additional bonus was added to high-end BODs. It is believed that this bonus kicks in at the 900 or 1000 point level (confirmed for 1000, reported but not yet confirmed for the 900-point level; not very many people fill 120 Scroll BODs anymore, as most smiths already have them, and more urgent needs for the ingots). This bonus appears to range from 0-200 points (at least), and further modifies the reward for the BOD. It would seem from experience that this modifier is only applied 20-25% of the time, or only ends up high enough to cause a change in reward level that often. As a result, assume any LBOD at or above the 900 point level can end up producing a reward up to 200 points higher, possibly with a rare bonus being able to allow any of these to give a Valorite hammer.
The rewards, by point totals, are as follows. Blue items are considered to be the only desirable rewards from the Low-end BODs (under 900 points). From 900 points upward, every reward typically sells for hundreds of thousands of gold. Some people would also consider Copper Hammers valuable, but if you use the BOD cycling technique, you are likely to get so many Bronze hammers that filling larges for copper hammers (except the ones with the Anvil chances) will seem a waste of resources.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found this: http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/in-game-systems/bulk-order-deeds

High End BOD Bonus: In 2008, an additional bonus was added to high-end BODs. It is believed that this bonus kicks in at the 900 or 1000 point level (confirmed for 1000, reported but not yet confirmed for the 900-point level; not very many people fill 120 Scroll BODs anymore, as most smiths already have them, and more urgent needs for the ingots). This bonus appears to range from 0-200 points (at least), and further modifies the reward for the BOD. It would seem from experience that this modifier is only applied 20-25% of the time, or only ends up high enough to cause a change in reward level that often. As a result, assume any LBOD at or above the 900 point level can end up producing a reward up to 200 points higher, possibly with a rare bonus being able to allow any of these to give a Valorite hammer.
The rewards, by point totals, are as follows. Blue items are considered to be the only desirable rewards from the Low-end BODs (under 900 points). From 900 points upward, every reward typically sells for hundreds of thousands of gold. Some people would also consider Copper Hammers valuable, but if you use the BOD cycling technique, you are likely to get so many Bronze hammers that filling larges for copper hammers (except the ones with the Anvil chances) will seem a waste of resources.
Anybody know how to avoid that "BONUS" ?

Now I got 3*120 Tailoring scroll instead of Horned Runic, made from 5/20/Barbed/Normal LBOD ( Studded and Bone sets) and i dont need that scrolls at all. There was a big % of geting that trash 120's scrolls ( >20% realy). The same with Footwear 20/Barbed/Exceptional LBOD.
Also i got few Barbed RSK from Horned RSK LBOD, this is not as pain as get 120's scroll, but i was realy need Horned RSK at that moment.

Today i tried to get reward for Horned RSK LBOD with my mule character - no fame, no karma, no tailoring skill, BUT again got 120's scroll what cost nothing.