• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rune Corruption Uptime

Zara

Adventurer
I recently tamed and trained a blue beetle. I gave it only RC. Then I took it to an area of constant spawn where it's stamina never dropped below 150. I constantly lored it to check it's mana to tell when it's using RC.

From my testing, it seemed to activate only about once a minute. It had 0 other abilities besides RC. Most of the time it fought being at full mana.

So my question is if that sounds right to you? Has anyone else tested uptime on their beetles with RC? It's really surprising to me that even with full mana and no other abilities, that RC is being used so very little.

If that is normal, then I have to question the value of RC. I mean 5 seconds out of every minute? Is that worth it?

So, I guess to summarize:
1. Does one RC per minute sound right to you?
2. If it does sound normal, is RC even worth it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are looking at the Mana or looking at the graphics. Are you loring the target?

Goes off often on mine but lasts about as long as it takes me to lore the pet.

Zara

Adventurer
Are looking at the Mana or looking at the graphics. Are you loring the target?

Goes off often on mine but lasts about as long as it takes me to lore the pet.
I'm looking at the mana (since it was faster to lore the mana on the pet than to lore the creatures resists). Plus I assume if the mana is just staying full, then RC isn't being used. And most of the time, the beetle's mana just stayed at 500.

I couldn't see any kind of graphic to indicate RC from the blue beetle. Is there one? On which client? What does it look like?

So how often would you say RC goes off then in your experience if that's the only ability the beetle has?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has a chance to do it per hit, so RNG determines it. If you have Mana regen ant intel on the beetle it may not drop much.
Lore the target over and over. It lasts 5 seconds. Once every 10 to 20 secs is what I saw long ago when I was looking them.
Does no damage so no graphic. You could test it in Fel on a toon.

Should be about as often as a pet with nothing else does AI. RNG Monster.