• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rune Beetle Skills Question

Jimmy Pop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the skills "maxed" once tamed, or will they go up some like Greater Dragons?

I mean the skills that are over 100 like Poisoning and Eval Int. I realize all skills will train to 100.

I got a beetle with a tamed skill of 123 Poisoning and I'm curious if it will go up at all.

N

Ncdiablo

Greater Dragon skills work differently than other pets.

Rune Beetle and other pets work this way.

If the untamed animal has skills at 110 or below then the skill cap is at 100. If the skills are above 110 then whatever the skill lands at then that is there cap. The reason is that anything at 110 or lower will simply bring it to 100 or lower. So the cap becomes the natural 100 cap.

For instance my rune beetle's poisoning which isn't perfect but isn't terrible is at 117.5 it hasn't budged nor will it ever.

I believe the only skills that will be higher than 100 are poisoning and evaluating intelligence.

Sorry going off memory right now.

Jimmy Pop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NPNP, I appreciate the response. That's what I was thinking, but I was still kind of hoping for some gains like GD's get.... oh well.

This beetle will server me well, I'm just happy to have one I consider a keeper after many days of searching.

N

Ncdiablo

Happy to help. Yeah mines a keeper too. Great Str. Hps are pretty decent although not the top. The dex is at 170 which means he hits quick and moves like lightning. His Resists are darn good. He rated 3.8 on the calc and once fully trained in the next day or two he will rate a 4.2.

The high poisoning yours has means yours will poison slightly more often than mine which is great too to help keep the dps rolling.

Congrats.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All pets work the same, for skills over 100. However, there are two ways it can work....

1. Once tamed, the pet's skill will drop to 90% of its pre-tame value. This is now the new maximum for that skill. It can not go any higher. It will decrease upon death of the pet, but can be trained back up to that new maximum value. This is the case for the Greater Dragon's Magery and Rune Beetle's Poisoning and Eval Int.

2. Once tamed, the pet's skill will drop to 72% of its pre-tame value. This skill can now be retrained to its new maximum value of 90% of the pre-tame value. It can not go any higher than 90% of the pre-tame value. This is the case for the Greater Dragon's Wrestling, Tactics, and Magic Resist.

Stayin Alive,

BG