• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

rune beetle question

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got a beetle with 115.3 poison skill i was wondering what determines whether or not a beetle can use level 5 poison and whether or not my beetle will be able to use it.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i got a beetle with 115.3 poison skill i was wondering what determines whether or not a beetle can use level 5 poison and whether or not my beetle will be able to use it.
I can find no hard data on this but I believe it works just like a player your beetle will always do level 4 and at 115 I THINK its 11.5% chance for level 5 to be honest I cant find the formula right now but its close to this !!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Infectious Strike
Effect: Infectious Strike requires a weapon with poison charges on it (see Poisioning for more info.) Only weapon types those that have Infectious Strike as an available special move will be able to be poisoned. While no skill in Poisoning is directly required to use this ability, being knowledgeable in the application and use of toxins will allow a character to inflict more deadly poison on his victim. A successful use of Infectious Strike will lower your karma slightly. This move is exempt from the Tactics skill requirement.
Mana Cost: 15
Primary On: Butcher's Knife, Dagger, Assassin Spike
Secondary On: Cleaver, Kryss, Pike, Double Bladed Staff
Secondary Skills: The Poisoning skill has a direct chance to increase the level of the poison by 1, up to a max of level 5 poison. If your skill in Poisoning is at 100, the poison level will always be increased by 1.
Note: The blade must have poison applied to it.
at 115 I think this may mean it will always do level 5 but not sure what beetle starts with as I just tamed one monday