• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RudiKazootie’s Rudimentary Crafting Guide

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Huge revamp with Firefall Beta last week. The resources and battleframe progression has changed.

From Firefall:

The latest patch features some giant changes to the way users play the game, progress their battleframes, and craft their items. To help you understand these changes, we've provided you with a guide to help make things a bit clearer in RudiKazootie’s Rudimentary Crafting Guide. http://bit.ly/11J4tdP

Part I: Resources
Resources are what drive the crafting system – everything you will craft in Firefall requires resources you have to go out and collect, then refine. The quality of the resources used to craft an item determines how well the item performs, and how much it taxes the new battleframe Mass/Power/CPU constraint system.

Resource Stats

There are 4 stats attached to resources: Mass, Power, CPU, and Purity.

Part II: Crafting

Nanoprints & Items

A Nanoprint is used for crafting items, kind of like a high-tech blueprint.

In patch v0.6, all Nanoprints in the game are unlocked for testing. In a future patch, Nanoprints are unlocked only after first being researched. Only then can they be used to craft items.

Once an item is crafted, it can be used by characters in the game. Items range from battleframe modules, like abilities, plating and jumpjets, etc., to weapons, to Thumpers and health pack calldowns.

Check the above link for full details!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Liked a lot of the changes, but the crafting has gotten extremely complex. Haven't even begun to wrap my head around it.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Liked a lot of the changes, but the crafting has gotten extremely complex. Haven't even begun to wrap my head around it.
Agreed! I just did my first drop solo and at is definitely a different experience than the good old fashioned "oh.. There's a node! *click*" XD