• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rubble?

C

Coranthe

Devs, why are you further rewarding the rubble hoarders that destroyed Magincia?

It is not enough that they had a marvelous time destroying a beautiful city. Not enough that they got some nice deco items for their homes which they will keep as rares and never turn in. Now, you will further reward them for turning in the "junk" rubble they could not sell and find too common or ugly to decorate their homes with.

Ultima has a tradition of Virtues and yet you will not finish the their implementation and you rub the noses of those that practice virtuous behavior by allowing players to sack cities for greed and then reward the greedy behavior.

Is greed now an official anti-virtue to be rewarded by the current DevTeam?

C

Connor_Graham

"allowing players to sack cities for greed"

The city itself was doomed due to greed in the original Ultima. The players were just happy to lend the mayor a helping hand....

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The city itself was doomed due to greed in the original Ultima. The players were just happy to lend the mayor a helping hand....

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much it. Players were really given a choice, most people chose to worry about the look of their own house rather than a very established city.

Just like in the original Ultimas, pride got the better of them.

G

Magincia was punished for it's overwhelming Pride. It had to be destroyed.
Perhaps someday it will choose a virtue and flourish again. Until then, let it rot!
Pride, conceit, egotism, vanity, vainglory should be replaced with Humility, humbleness, and modesty.

Those who defend the city are not aware of what they are actually fighting for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

We had a choice to make and the fact greed played a part meant that it was more realistic.

We could either destroy magincia from greed and place chunks of the city on our mantle as a trophy OR kill daemons for glory and virtue and save the city.

I wanted a chunk of the city as a trophy and so did many others I guess...

U

_Uriah Heep_

RTLFC

Well to be honest, I thought we were out to save Magincia. And from what I saw, at the start of it, the *majority* of players were fighting to save Mag, and enjoying the loots off the mobs, the vanq and mystic drops, etc. But, I have to admit, we got tired of it after it seemed like it was gonna go on forever and ever, and the houses were full of cursed arties and power vanq mystic weaps, with no end in sight, so then we did turn to looting and pillaging the town itself.
Just for something different and different loots...LOL Once I lost conn, and my evs finished off a light demon before I could get back in and dispel them, you shoulda heard the names I was bein called!

Now, to keep everyone occupied saving Magincia, it shoulda gone like this "you have one week to defend the city, We are spawning xxx monsters during the week, and all must be killed, or else everyone on the island will be killed when the city falls down". A set goal, a target to shoot for, that's what would have been needed to keep a lot of us on track saving the town.

A statue erected on the beach, dedicated to the top 50 defenders (naming them by name), if the island were saved. What you see now, if it wasnt. *shrugs*

Glow is the same way, has gone too long. Quite a few of us dont go anymore, and if we do, we dont stay long. Already have threads, cloaks, plane stuffs, and it isnt very mage friendly to be honest with ya. Seems like a tamer event, and thats fine, I am not griping about that hehheh, just wish I had one!!

And therein lies the problem, as I have said before and repeatedly, open ended events with no deadline/timeline/goal in sight, will not accomplish a goal. Those are the killers...