• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RP News] The High Council Election: Interview With A Slug

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The High Council Election: Interview With A Slug
WarderDragon

Your name.

Sluggy Freelance, more commonly known as Sluggy, The Slug, or sometimes (ok commonly) Hey! followed by a random phrase referring to a lack of intelligence

Your profession.

Harbinger of pain!

Your reason for running for Council?

To infect as much of Britannia as possible with a tinge of quirky irreverence. (To make things "fun.")

Your feelings on the Magincian Conflict and the Calls for Magincian Independence?

Fully in favor of Independence, granted the Magicians co-operate in manners of security and trade. IE. Let Fern shop!

As an elected official, how will you address unresolved threats such as the presence of Exodus in Ilshenar?

Exodus, Shadowlords, angry Ophidians, unchecked hordes of Mongbats, there are many threats. The best defense is to stay prepared and attack each threat as it starts to manifest itself. However I do call for a Mongbat Removal Service at once! Also fighting among among ourselves only weakens us. Lets face it we have been invaded by everything but a flock of rabid penguins

As an elected official, how will you reach out to Britannia's allies such as Ter Mur and Zento?

Zento is a true ally and is always there at our hour of need. We have and I'm sure will continue to reciprocate

Ter Mur? That concerns me. I am not anti-gargoyle, but I feel many gargoyles are anti-wingless. Remain allied, but maintain a distant watchfulness as well (and stay upwind of them whenever possible). My own, perhaps, paranoid, perception of them is that they may be related to mongbats

As an elected official, how will you address threats such as the Pirates Incursion in the South Sea, and the Void Plague of Ter Mur?

Aw Heck, just sink the pirates! Monitor the Void Plague, but also wonder why the Bats, errr Gargoyles, can't maintain any level of security within their own borders

Your stance on the Independence of the Border Kingdoms? (i.e. Dawn.)

Let them remain independent of course! Also continue to offer services so that they see the advantage of aligning themselves with the British government. I would also make overtures to the more "criminal minded" elements as well

Your Political Philosophies? (i.e. Order? Chaos? Balance?)

Balanced Chaos. Power comes from the people, not the government. The responsibilities of government are to the people. All people. When that government becomes oppressive (I.E. Magincia) it is the right and responsibility of those oppressed to break free of tyranny. Having said that I firmly believe government can function, as long as the leaders remember where their real responsibilities lie

Are you a practitioner of the Virtues of British or Blackthorne?

Philosophically more Blackthorn. But the Virtues are also a necessity. Even tho I prefer to think of them as a guideline, rather than a rigid code. Indeed I am more a practitioner of Sluggism

Why should you be chosen to lead Britannia into the New Age?

To be honest? I wasn't entirely sure at 1st I should be chosen. But, I'd say, my goal (and that of my running partner Handalf) is the inclusion of as many residents of Sosaria as possible. It would be wonderful to hear new fresh ideas and have input from as many sections of lifestyles in Sosaria as possible. Neither Handalf nor I represent any "faction" we want an enjoyable experience for everyone.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we ask further questions here?

What would be your ideal Baja? What makes Baja special to you?

You are positioning yourself as a candidate to enjoy life and have fun. What do you personally do for fun yourself?

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we ask further questions here?

What would be your ideal Baja? What makes Baja special to you?

You are positioning yourself as a candidate to enjoy life and have fun. What do you personally do for fun yourself?
Ok I hope I can do this without getting in trouble :lol:

My Ideal Baja : A place where all citizens can say, Hell Yeah I play Baja and I love it! I don't care what playstyle you have, as long as there is some respect for others (and by that I mean the person behind the pixels) I'm into goofiness (shocking I know) but that can't be fun for everyone. Nor does it have to be

My Personal Life : I can't say much (and I won't) The few things I will divulge is half the seemingly random stuff I say (and post here) is based on real life actual conversations with friends and family. I am a professional historian, and my view on that history is somewhat, well unique. Until the day we can learn to laugh at ourselves instead of others to make us feel better, we are going to repeat the same mistakes over and over

*steps down of soapbox*

*wonders if the same mod who asked these questions is gonna ban me*

( I really wanted to say I visit Senior's homes and
glue quarters to the floor for fun - but that might just well get me banned. Or hurt. )