• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RP NEWS] Golden Brew Players Interview With Lysistrata

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First Golden Brew Players
Stars of the Show
Neo’s Day Out interview

This past weekend, with the help of Brytt, we were able to track down Lysistrata (one of the stars of the upcoming Golden Brew Players production of ‘Neo’s Day Out), who graciously took time from a busy schedule to do an interview.

Q: Would you please introduce yourself and tell the readers which part(s) you’re playing?
A: Hi, I'm Lysistrata. I play the part of the Game Master and also the Harbormaster.

Q: Can you tell us a little about the play without giving too much away?!
A: ‘Neo’s Day Outis a short play about what life was like back in Britannia in 1997, from the point of view of a hopelessly trusting young newbie.

Q: Do you identify with your character?
A: I've never been a GM, but I have been a board moderator, and I know that sometimes you misread the situation. The script plays that up for comedic effect, but I've got nothing but sympathy for the real GMs of that era. It was a tough job!

Q: How did you come to be an actress/actor?
A: I've been active with the Golden Brew Players from the very beginning. In that theoretical construct that we sometimes refer to as ‘real life’, I hold a degree in Theatre and have been involved in about fifty stage productions, some local television spots, and a low-budget vampire movie that went straight to nowhere... but which granted me a Bacon Index of 3 (I was in a movie with a guy who was in a movie with a guy who was in a movie with Kevin Bacon). The peak of my online career thus far was playing the role of Alice in the Golden Brew Players' production of ‘Through the Looking Glass’.

Q: What's the toughest part of being an actress/actor?
A: Performing online is pretty challenging. The tools you have to work with are limited to the text of the script, your emotes, and timing. It's almost like doing a film with subtitles where you're responsible for translating your own lines in real-time.

Q: Do you participate in performances on other shards?
A: The Golden Brew Players took Alice on tour to another shard, and it was a positive experience. The script for ‘Neo’s Day Outcomes to us from Chesapeake, if I recall correctly. We're still getting our feet under us, returning to Baja after some years away, but once we're settled in I wouldn't discount the possibility of more cross-shard collaboration.

Q: Is it true that Kita won't serve you any ale until AFTER rehearsals? ;)
A: To quote "You Can't Take It With You": I never drink during a performance. Once the curtain goes up, the bottle gets put away until intermission!

Sara's Note: Be sure to mark your calendar for Sunday, May 2, as the Golden Brew Players will be putting on a performance of 'Neo's Day Out' as part of the Golden Brew's Re-opening Celebration. As soon as I receive a time for the production, I will post it!