• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Row Boats

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any comments/bugs you have regarding Row Boats

M

Maltyr

This was occurred with the classic client. When I entered a rowboat and immediately used the ship's wheel, I was stuck in place while the rowboat moved without me. I could control it with the mouse until it moved a few tiles away, and then control broke and it told me "You cannot pilot a ship unless you are aboard it!"

I used the mooring rope to teleport back on deck, used the wheel again, and I was still rooted in place on the water as the boat moved off without me. The third time, I took one step after boarding and before using the wheel, and the rowboat worked properly.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the report. As you've mentioned, after you've taken a step, the problem solves itself. We'll look into the case of when you've taken control of the rowboat immediately after boarding.

A

allerk

Moving the rowboat with another method than mentioned above:

1- Get a rawboat near a small/medium/large standard boat.
2- While in mouse driving mode, double click the standard's boat plank. Now you're at on the standard's boat plank.
3- If you try to move, you'll move the rowboat instead.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Moving the rowboat with another method than mentioned above:

1- Get a rawboat near a small/medium/large standard boat.
2- While in mouse driving mode, double click the standard's boat plank. Now you're at on the standard's boat plank.
3- If you try to move, you'll move the rowboat instead.
Yep I did this too.

And OMG are the rowboats SLLLOOOOOWWWW......

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
all of the above, plus they dont seem to be as maneuverable, especially in concern to the sea market, i had my rowboat's bow right up against the docks and i still couldnt use the mooring rope to go onto the docks, row boats should be more forgiving when getting you to shore/docks.
and yes very slow moving

G

Gelf

So with you on that. I abandoned the slow motion critter and hope it sinks asap! Is there any way to dry dock the dingy thingy?
target rope and left click you will get message "dry dock boat" just click on it and it turns back into deed

T

Tancred RedStar

The rowboats are slow, but I think they should be as theyre (IMO)intended for disembarkation from larger ships at a distance and navigating in tighter spaces, not a primary means of sea travel(for which there are several other ships). Also, if made just small and fast, there will be reprecussions for combat.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't understand this:
1. After use, deed still in pack
2. Deed can be insured, so its not blessed like legacy boats?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't understand this:
1. After use, deed still in pack
2. Deed can be insured, so its not blessed like legacy boats?
Each time you use the deed your previous one vanishes.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant figure out how to command rowboat with ship commands, the mouse control on rowboats is horrid in the docks

LadyElizabeth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As of right now, there are no verbal commands for a rowboat. It's all by mouse.
I feel your pain with the docks; my rowboat never faces the way I want it to until after I no longer need it facing that way.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, cursor keys not working.
All boats but rowboat turned into blessed model after use.

rowboat is always in deed form, not blessed.

L

lorail

Jump in rowboat and was left standing in the open water.can use moring line to get back on was left agin next time row boat did 180 and picked me up

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend was controlling the rowboat and i tried to double click the mooring line to jump back on my boat.

I jumped out of the rowboat but fell in the water while the rowboat was moving.

So i was stuck in the water in Classic client. hehe

Y

Yalp

I second the slow slow slow!

Classic client, rowboat.. movement forward back or left right very very slow..
movement forward/right, forward/left, back/right, back/left very choppy... all while at the rudder, no voice commands

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the test is over now but this still seems to be the place to post it, rowboats cant seem to be dry-docked while on board your main boat, i have to admit i didn't test them while test was live but seems a bit useless if you have to abandon the rowboat to get back on your ship :)