• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Rounding out a Gargish mystic/imbuer/warrior template

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a fairly new Gargoyle character which I currently have set for Imbuing, Mysticism and some mace fighting. I have most of the template set but I'm not sure where to put the rest. Here's what I have planned so far:

Imbuing 120
Mysticism 120
Mace fighting 100
Tactics 90 (to get all the special moves)
Chivalry 70 (for healing, curing, consecrating, EoO and recalling)
Focus 100 (may reduce when current imbuing skill is higher; for now 100 focus is helping my Mysticism spells since my current imbuing is in the 60s)

That's 600 points so I have room for another skill. I'm not sure what to pick. Mysticism is boosted by imbuing and focus and that's taken care of. Imbuing seems to be a standalone skill that isn't enhanced by other skills. So I'm thinking about either one more standalone skill I don't have on another character (one that isn't reliant on other skills not in the template) or adding more warrior-related skills such as Anatomy or Parry.

Once my Mysticism is high, I might eliminate Chiv since I'd have some healing and curing available -- though then I'd need to keep a charged up runebook on hand to recall, and my inclination is to keep it.

Any thoughts?

G

Gelf

i'm not sure why you have imbuing on your char. it is a stand alone crafting skill but it gives no benefits to fighting/casting.

also you don't have any spell resist(not sure if you plan on PVPing), so can't really see where your going with this char

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm not sure why you have imbuing on your char. it is a stand alone crafting skill but it gives no benefits to fighting/casting.
Imbuing works like Eval Int does for Magery, it boosts the mysticism spell power. Focus will do the same thing. Having both Imbuing & Focus doesn't double the effect though.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a fairly new Gargoyle character which I currently have set for Imbuing, Mysticism and some mace fighting. I have most of the template set but I'm not sure where to put the rest. Here's what I have planned so far:

Imbuing 120
Mysticism 120
Mace fighting 100
Tactics 90 (to get all the special moves)
Chivalry 70 (for healing, curing, consecrating, EoO and recalling)
Focus 100 (may reduce when current imbuing skill is higher; for now 100 focus is helping my Mysticism spells since my current imbuing is in the 60s)

That's 600 points so I have room for another skill. I'm not sure what to pick. Mysticism is boosted by imbuing and focus and that's taken care of. Imbuing seems to be a standalone skill that isn't enhanced by other skills. So I'm thinking about either one more standalone skill I don't have on another character (one that isn't reliant on other skills not in the template) or adding more warrior-related skills such as Anatomy or Parry.

Once my Mysticism is high, I might eliminate Chiv since I'd have some healing and curing available -- though then I'd need to keep a charged up runebook on hand to recall, and my inclination is to keep it.

Any thoughts?
I went with:

Mysticism......120
Imbue/Focus..120(switching as desired)
Magery..........120
Eval Int..........120
Meditation......120
Poisoning........80
Resist magic....100
Chivalry............20

He wears a bracelet with Magery +15 , Eval +13, Resist Magic +15, SDI 11% and a ring with Magery +14, Meditation +13, Mysticism +13, & Resist Magic +13. The +29 Magery is so high so that he can throw a mage weapon with 120 skill in spite of the weapons minus to magery. The 120 Magery & 80 Poison skill let him cast very nasty poison spells. The 20 Chivalry is to give him the use of the Cleanse by Fire spell as a magical backup since Mysticisms Cleansing Winds can't be successfully cast while poisoned <shakes his head in amusement>. If someone can get Cleansing Winds to successfully cast while they are poisoned, I need to either call a GM to fix my character or take a bat to the RNG. :bdh: :)

B

BBaggins

why would you get (cleanse by fire) from chiv if you had arch cure from magery?

Q

Quilnn

Imbuing 120
Mysticism 120
Mace fighting 100
Tactics 90
Chivalry 70
Focus 100

IMHO, I suggest you drop Imbuing and stick with Focus when pvping/pvming, because focus will help you regenerate mana and stamina, while imbuing won't. Lower Chivalry to 60, which is more than enough to recall, consecrate, cure, etc. Heres an example template:

120 Focus
120 Mace Fighting
120 Mysticism
60 Chivalry
100 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Parry

OR....

120 Focus
120 Mace Fighting
120 Mysticism
70 Chivalry
120 Tactics
90 Healing
120 Anatomy

either works with multiple ways to heal, and focus to keep your stamina Up-To-Date.

J

[JD]

dump imbuing and put it on your crafter. it is not helpful to a melee. FOCUS, however, is VERY helpful.

also, you need 120 weapon. with only 100, you will get smacked around. if you cant afford 120, go with 115 til you can.

lastly, there is a thread in the warrior forums by Lord God about his dexxer soloing slasher. you may want to check that out