• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RoT

V

Viaria

That would be from afk macros. If I set a macro to keep chopping a tree while I am afk the hatchet would wear out. Were I a tailor again my cloth or leather would be wasted on afk macros in between gains.

R

Rykus

Oh. Well it would probably make sense to insert a pause between uses, say 5 minutes, so you wouldn't do that. That's what I do anyway.

AFK or at the keyboard has nothing to do with it. The macro would still be the same.

V

Viaria

I didn't know you could macro a pause. I haven't seen anything labeled "pause" in my macro options.

R

Rykus

In UOA you can make a macro, then to the left of the window there is 'Insert Pause'.

In UO macros, use the Delay option.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't know you could macro a pause. I haven't seen anything labeled "pause" in my macro options.

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't see the big "Pause After" button right below the "Play Macro" button in the UOA "Macro" tab?

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

Suppose each monster has a chance to drop a scroll of skill transfer &lt;SOST&gt;.
Let there be eight versions of this type of scrolls. The scrolls ranked 1 to 8
where the rank is the amount of skill points in 0.1 units.
So, the user of this 5th ranked scroll would be able to move any 0.5 skill points
from one skill to another skill. The tougher the monster the greater the
chance that the SOST will drop. The looter has a proportional chance of
obtaining the scroll based on damaging monster.
The scroll rank is determined by the looter total skill points by the scheme:

0.0 to 90.0 total skill points of looter, the looter gets rank 8 scroll.
90.1 to 180.0 total skill points of looter, the looter gets rank 7 scroll.
180.1 to 270.0 total skill points of looter, the looter gets rank 6 scroll.
270.1 to 360.0 total skill points of looter, the looter gets rank 5 scroll.
360.1 to 450.0 total skill points of looter, the looter gets rank 4 scroll.
450.1 to 540.0 total skill points of looter, the looter gets rank 3 scroll.
540.1 to 630.0 total skill points of looter, the looter gets rank 2 scroll.
630.1. to 720.0 total skill points of looter, the looter gets rank 1 scroll.

All these scroll will decay in 300 seconds. Use them or lose them!

The actual drop rate for each monster should be related to monsters toughness,
spawn rate, and total monster population.

Clearly, the idea is to quickly develope six skills by keeping the seventh skill
below 25.0 and use the scrolls to transfer this low level skill points to other
skills. The seventh skill is subject to RoT.

This idea is to get players to go out and kill monsters as a short cut to gaining
in skills rather than just macroing.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

V

Viaria

I am sorry to have confuse you; I really am fairly new at this. You've assumed I knew what UOA was. After some research I got it figured out and now that I have UOAssist I do see the pause button. The patience you and others have shown me through this thread has taught me of a great utility. Hopefully once Seige's population starts growing again I wont look so much the dolt.