• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Roof loot table

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With recent loot nerf on the Putrifier, there needs to be a new spot to find high end legendaries. Whatever the reason for the downgrade on the Putrifier, the current legendaries off the roof are not really worth the effort especially if you end up with Anon or the lich last. It takes about 50 runs to get a decent drop and for a tamer, soloing the roof is quite the challenge so some kind of reward should come out of it. I can't say there will be the same problems with scripting or whatever the case was with the Purtrifier, but at least one high end piece of armor would certainly be worth the effort and get more gameplay. For those who did farm the Putrifier for loot, the pieces are now selling for hundred of millions of gold and in some cases, a plat or two.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so your upset that there isnt something that you can kill that will give you items that you can sell for a couple billion gold each time you do it?

i think your confused.
your mixing a couple problems into one easy little snack-able size, which dosnt work.
your comparing old Legendary Items that could have 15-16 attributes to the max 8 attribute items we get now and then your saying its the loot pay table that is the problem.

its not.

it that they put the sneak max 8 attribute cap in.

im not saying thats a problem but that is what this problem you are speaking of.
because they could totally change around the loot tables but at the end of the day the Legendary Items will only have 8 attributes and your still gonna compare them to the 16 attribute items that people are selling now and making silly money from, so your back where you started.

2 fixes i can see.
1) take the loot cap of 8 off
2) any item with over 8 attributes knock it down to the current cap of 8, delete off the others

wouldnt that be fun to watch!

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
This situation is just like real life economic's,Without some sort of bubble(a factor to cause a fluctuation of some sort,there wouldn't be any trading going on).
So asking for a solution to this will only make thing's go in a vicious circle.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there really a new 8 cap...ive seen many piedces with 10-11 12 or more

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
is there really a new 8 cap...ive seen many piedces with 10-11 12 or more
are you sure?
because ive been looking and i haven't seen any over 8 in a while now.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i mean ive seen many for sale not saying there new

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just asking if there is really now a 8 cap limit becuase its the first ive heard about it

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, they put it in with a patch/pub a little while back but didnt tell anyone.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah

so basically if you don't already have items that good or can't afford to buy existing ones **** you

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
There has been no mention or confirmation of an 8 mod cap. This has continued as simple speculation.

They did mention they "toned loot down". They did not say the number 8, ever, anywhere

Roof probably drops insane stuff just takes a while with runs taking 40+ minutes

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
I can confirm that exodus can still drop 10 property jewelry with luck suits in a full party as of this past weekend. It was not a usable piece but it came with a ton of properties.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Poo First off I am not complaining about anything. Here is my problem which I believe you will agree with. A handful of players scripted and farmed the Purtrifier for high level mod loot armor. I didn't really mind since prices were still sort of reasonable which most going for under 100M even is +10 cases. Now that they nerfed the table on it and the creature was the only dropping those level pieces, those who scripted and messed it up for everyone are now selling them for 5 to 10 times their value. The word is the devs said they would never again put out those kind of mod 10 and over pieces so those who farmed and scripted are now treating them like rares.
I won't mention vendors but go east and west just outside Luna in Atlantic and inquire about some pieces. They know those prices are unreasonable really are again farming for those right now who have the gold to pay. They won't vendor or auction cause of the costs they would would incur from the pieces not selling at those high prices.
My solution was being that the roof requires the most time and effort while not to mention I can't see it being scripted or farmed, then that would be an ideal place to at least drop one high intensity mod armor piece. For a tamer alone, doing the roof is almost impossible and in pairs or teams, the time and difficulty is random yet still longer than most champs depending on the rooms and bosses. However, those who do it often can go without an artifact drop even while wearing over 2520 luck for a couple dozen runs or more which is very discouraging and thus keeps many away from doing it. Why spend an hour or 3 playing just to come out with a few basic legendary gargoyle pieces. I am not saying it would be a guaranteed drop, but at least add it to the table with the same chance as say a paragon chest. This would possibly bring down the current prices on the high intensity armor now that it can be found again and get more players into doing shadowguard that have quit because of the lack of reward.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am just a little baffled by the whole thing I guess. The devs know who the handful of players who scripted and farmed this stuff and now are price gouging. So the other question was would I be okay with them downgrading that current armor to 8 mod intensity. Since I do agree the market shouldn't be flooded with these pieces, I think the idea of having them drop on places where farming and scripting can't be done would be the best solution all around. I don't believe once again punishing due to the actions of a handful of exploiters would solve much and cause those who did play fair in getting that kind of loot to possibly leave the game. I know if I got on and noticed all my armor had been downgraded, that would certainly get me to leave the game for good. Its bad enough a fair player can't do IDOCs with any real success anymore, but the logic of punishing or nerfing to stop everyone from something rather than just banning or punishing the ones doing the illegal stuff doesn't seem like a very good policy especially now with all the competition.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Basically compared to no names, the roof stuff sucks. I think weapon wise they push for higher intensity gar stuff but as far as armor, the legendaries turn out to be high resists low mod.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Another idea would be to sell a potion you can use to recharge brittle armor but maybe limit it to a certain number of recharge times like bag of sending