• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Roof encounter small group

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what's the best tactic for the shadow guard roof encounter, or is it some big trade secret because I haven't seen anyone talk about it. Preferably the best tactic with the smallest group, wasn't having much luck.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've done it with group of 8 and group of 5. Always a well rounded group (mages, tamers, archer, sampire).

During the entire encounter, you must set aside atleast one or two members of your group to fight off spawn. Have an appropriate Undead Slayer for Juo'nor and Reptile Slayer for some of the spawn from Ozymandias. For Virtuebane, once you have him under 30% have WoD pre-cast so you can run and hit him with it in a drive by fashion.

Anon the mage... when he turns into an Earth Elemental, he leaches life back. He's the most difficult boss. As soon as he is an Earth Ele, you need to dispel summons and pull dragons back. If you're around 30%, Word of Death can be tricky because he turns back and forth to his human form and Earth Ele pretty quickly. We've had him down to 28%, all of us cast WoD simultaneously, and by time it hit, he was an Earth Ele and health jumped back up to 40%. Ouch.

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Ive done the encounter like 5 time now, We find the best trick to kill Anon, is to poison field, as long as he is poisoned he cant heal as much as he would like to and we can be killed a bit faster.
About going into Earth ele form and leeching life I didnt know about that, I dont really think he leeches life, its more like he has really incredibly high HP regen, he is a mage not a warrior... But I can be mistaken. Its true we have had him at 28% and in a matter of 3 sec, he has gone up to 40%.....
A good team of mixed templates is needed, and true that you need to set some people just to fight the boss, some to kill spawn and other just to Crossheal all other members to keep everyone alive.
Its a very hard and fun encounter, but it can be very tidious and time consuming, The first run, from starting the quests for the rooms and killing the boss, took us 18,5 Hours, as we didnt know what to do and stuff. Now all rooms and boss can be done in a fast manner in less than 3 hours.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mystic/spellweaver
Mystic/bard
Necro/Mage
Archer

RC to tank, discorded bosses, wither/mystic heals for spawn, archer/spell for more damage, WOD at the end.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In a group of 2, I was able to get through all shadow guard encounters (except for the roof) in an hour and ten minutes. I find group of 2 is best way to get Armory, Fountain and Belfry done. Orchard and Bar are fairly easy no matter the group size.

I will have to keep an eye on the Elemental form of Anon to better determine if he is infact leaching life in that form or it's just a natural HP Regen. I'm still inclined believe it is life leaching, as the 10%+ health jumps he did only occurred when we hit him with WoD in that form. Will test more and report back.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In a group of 2, I was able to get through all shadow guard encounters (except for the roof) in an hour and ten minutes. I find group of 2 is best way to get Armory, Fountain and Belfry done. Orchard and Bar are fairly easy no matter the group size.

I will have to keep an eye on the Elemental form of Anon to better determine if he is infact leaching life in that form or it's just a natural HP Regen. I'm still inclined believe it is life leaching, as the 10%+ health jumps he did only occurred when we hit him with WoD in that form. Will test more and report back.
What 2 templates did you use?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What 2 templates did you use?
We were both Mystic Mage Weavers.

For the Bar - using the new Weaver mastery Reaper summons helped immensely as you are able to sort of corral the spawn up to the reaper until they get sucked in. Threw bottles and cast RC's in some occasions.

There's no trick to orchard... just marking with pen and paper as you go along. Admittedly, we got lucky because there were 3 instances where the first thing we threw the apple at was the applicable opposite virtue/anti-virtue and both trees went down. This is possibly is probably big contributor to saving time and being able to do all rooms so quickly. Fey slayer helps with spawn.

In Fountain - We would both always have two EV's cast. I was in-charge of building and my guildmate was in-charge of cleaning up all spawn and letting me know if he saw straight canal pieces that we needed. Elemental slayer seems to help with spawn.

Armory - Similar to fountain, guildmate was in-charge of primarily killing spawn and letting me know where the flasks fell, and I would pick them up, purify and knock down the armor. Both throwing up RC's at all times. First two rooms are always a breeze, but begins to get hairy as more spawn pop up. It's all about keeping up momentum.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yea i have no problem soloing all the encounters except:

Fountain (spawns to slow solo, need 2)
Belfry (hate that dragon)

We finally got through the roof last night, think we could do it a lot more efficiently now having done the whole thing once.

Thanks for the responses

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did it in a group of 3, and I thought it was HP Regen at first, but now that you bring it up, it may have been Life Leech: When he was redlined in his Elemental form, I equipped my Earth Ele Slayer spellbook trying to close it out and he recovered a lot more HP than he normally did.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With Anon, it's not Life Leech nor HP Regen per say, but more a form of high % Damage Eater or Consume Damage. All damage you deal to him while he's in Earth Ele Form, will heal him instead of damage him.